Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:38:55 pm

Author Topic: Doing bad on sac?  (Read 998 times)  Share 

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +31
Doing bad on sac?
« on: May 07, 2020, 09:10:51 am »
My scores for the first sac just came out and I got 50% also my cohort for that subject is weak. I am currently ranked deadset middle, now I need advice should I work harder and try to get a higher sac? Or should I give up on this unit 3/4 subject and focus on something else.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Doing bad on sac?
« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2020, 09:15:41 am »
+4
My scores for the first sac just came out and I got 50% also my cohort for that subject is weak. I am currently ranked deadset middle, now I need advice should I work harder and try to get a higher sac? Or should I give up on this unit 3/4 subject and focus on something else.

If you're keen to improve your marks, there seems like a clear answer here to me. Giving up won't get you far.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2020, 09:19:52 am »
If you're keen to improve your marks, there seems like a clear answer here to me. Giving up won't get you far.
Giving was never something I wanted to do, but I am really doubting myself. 50% seems really low so me apparently the class average is around 60% with some students failing. The worst part is since my cohort is not that strong being ranked in the middle is seen as a bad thing. If I try is it possible to push above the class average?

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2020, 09:21:11 am »
+6
Giving was never something I wanted to do, but I am really doubting myself. 50% seems really low so me apparently the class average is around 60% with some students failing. The worst part is since my cohort is not that strong being ranked in the middle is seen as a bad thing. If I try is it possible to push above the class average?

Yes, it's absolutely possible.

Do you know where/why you lost the marks? IMO that's step #1 to improving your marks and, subsequently, your rank. :)

Stormbreaker-X

• Forum Leader
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2020, 10:05:41 am »
+1
Yes, it's absolutely possible.

Do you know where/why you lost the marks? IMO that's step #1 to improving your marks and, subsequently, your rank. :)
I think I lost a lot of marks on things that I know and the structure of my answers. Thanks for your speedy response I am gonna try to push it and hope I can score higher than 50% on my next one.

Joseph41

• Administrator
« Reply #5 on: May 07, 2020, 10:19:55 am »
+1
I think I lost a lot of marks on things that I know and the structure of my answers. Thanks for your speedy response I am gonna try to push it and hope I can score higher than 50% on my next one.

Great work! If you haven't already, I really recommend making a time to chat with your teacher (digitally if necessary) about how to improve for the next one. Assuming they're the one that marked the work, I'm sure they'll have good insight into areas you can focus on for next time. :)