Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 04:19:39 pm

Author Topic: Regret picking 3/4 global politics??  (Read 4098 times)  Share 

luciarodriguez

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Regret picking 3/4 global politics??
« on: February 10, 2019, 01:41:33 pm »
Basically, I completed 1/2 Australian and Gloabl Politics as a year 10 student last year. According to my teacher, I was one of the top two students in the class (although there were only 15 students in the class) and I got A+’s/A’s on all my SACs and A’s on both semester exams.

The rest of the class generally gets average/slightly above average marks and the teacher has been teaching politics at my school for over a deacde and is extremely knowledgable. The subject has never been very popular at my school, and only every few years does someone score a 40+ SS (more due to the types of students who pick the subject more than anything). I think the top study scores are genrally in the high 30s. I am aiming for a study score of 35 - how hard to you think this would be to achieve? I keep thinking I should have chosen an “easier” subject - I know that no subject is easy, but one that doesn’t require following the news and such.

Also, for reference, my other subjects this year are English, chem, bio, 20th century history and general maths (however most teachers “expected” me to chose methods).

Any comments would be appreciated :)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: Regret picking 3/4 global politics??
« Reply #1 on: February 10, 2019, 05:11:07 pm »
+2
Hey! Welcome to the forums. :)

I think it's only really worth considering an "easier" subject if that subject is one you're as interested in. Whilst previous scores can provide an okay indicator, they're definitely not everything. I was told just before my exams for one of my subjects that I should expect a ~42 max (46 was the highest score my school had ever produced at the time, I think?). Got a 48.

If you rank highly within your cohort and then do well on the exam, anything is possible. You've got this!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.