Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:39:53 am

Poll

i hope u hv a great day :)

~
0 (0%)
~
0 (0%)

Total Members Voted: 0

Voting closed: April 24, 2020, 06:19:41 pm

Author Topic: Eloise's slightly cHaOTic journey through VCE !  (Read 27379 times)

eloisegrace

• MOTM: April 20
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her ~ class of 2021
  • Respect: +264
Re: el's vce journey :)
« Reply #45 on: July 26, 2020, 09:18:39 pm »
+9
its eloisegrace's journal here with another messy update as per usual!

super duper stressed for my methods sac this week on wednesday! it is only worth 12% and i feel like i will either do very well or really bad hahaha. i feel a bit better about it than i did last week though because i got 89% on my exam 2 which is the highest i know of and it was a very hard test with like 6 mistakes in the paper so yay!

further is pretty chill, we have one more exercise of networks to go until we are finished and then i will pump out some sac revision. i really want to aim high for this sac to maintain a good rank which will help me for exams because further is so competitive. after the sac in 2 weeks i want to try and get the graphs/relations section of the cambridge textbook done asap so i can get started on practice exams so i can give myself the best shot for a 45+!

something i am excited about for this term is that i am dropping accounting 1/2! i am not picking up another unit 2 subject and i will do pe 3/4 next year. i am happy to get the study periods which will be nice esp cos i am doing 2 3/4s.

another good thing about hopefully getting another set of study periods is that it will give me some relief from studying in the afternoons. i am involved in house drama, dance AND music this term so i have 2-4 afterschool rehearsals per week until the end of term. i am super excited for all of these though and the rehearsals have been so fun. for music, we are signing someone in the crowd from la la land which is really fun and for drama i am only in one scene but i am w one of my best friends which is fun :) :).

mandatory masks are going ok and i am looking at the positives during this tough time. at least i can go to school and see my good friends and kick around a footy w them  :D

hope u enjoyed this messy update
eloise 🥰
2020 - mathematical methods [42] | further mathematics [45]
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #46 on: July 26, 2020, 09:42:05 pm »
+6
Hi Eloise,
Great to see an update! All the best for the methods sac. You’ve put in the hard work and I’m sure it will pay off! Good luck  8)

I can’t believe your school lets you have free periods in year 11 (lucky!). That will definitely be useful for preparing for your 3/4s.

Musical rehearsals (and all the other stuff you’re involved in) sound super fun. So you’re allowed to gather together to rehearse or are they online sometimes? Either way it’s great and gives you a good break from school (and the COVID situation).

Have a great week and good luck again for the sac, you’ll smash it!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #47 on: July 27, 2020, 08:52:34 am »
+5
Hey El!🥰🥰

Love the new update (and I'm so late to this but YES to NYSF!) and good luck for your upcoming SACs! I'm pretty sure you will be fine and as CM has already said, your hard work will pay off.

Those study periods sure do sound super nice (who doesn't love a good amount of free time?) and you sure do sound busy with the number of rehearsals that are going on this term (it must be really hard trying to social distance in that situation. What is your fav out of drama, music and dance?)

Thanks for the journal update El and I'm looking forward to seeing another one in the future!❤️️

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #48 on: July 27, 2020, 09:54:16 pm »
+6
Hi Eloise,
Great to see an update! All the best for the methods sac. You’ve put in the hard work and I’m sure it will pay off! Good luck  8)

I can’t believe your school lets you have free periods in year 11 (lucky!). That will definitely be useful for preparing for your 3/4s.
Hey Choco! I hope you have had a great week too! In terms of free periods, most year 11s get 4-5 per fortnight (depending on if they are doing 1 or 2 3/4 subjects) and a few have another set (8) if they are either doing one less subject or a subject outside of school. I love frees as they break up my day and I can also come late or leave early!

Musical rehearsals (and all the other stuff you’re involved in) sound super fun. So you’re allowed to gather together to rehearse or are they online sometimes? Either way it’s great and gives you a good break from school (and the COVID situation).

Have a great week and good luck again for the sac, you’ll smash it!
In terms of music, drama, and dance, the year 11s and 12s are allowed to rehearse together while the year 7-10s use zoom. It works really well for drama but music is a little hard. For dance my section is only 11s and 12s which makes it pretty easy! It is looking like the actual performances will be online video type, so we will see how that goes!

Thanks for the luck for the sac, i need it hahaha <3

Hey El!🥰🥰

Love the new update (and I'm so late to this but YES to NYSF!) and good luck for your upcoming SACs! I'm pretty sure you will be fine and as CM has already said, your hard work will pay off.

Those study periods sure do sound super nice (who doesn't love a good amount of free time?) and you sure do sound busy with the number of rehearsals that are going on this term (it must be really hard trying to social distance in that situation. What is your fav out of drama, music and dance?)

Thanks for the journal update El and I'm looking forward to seeing another one in the future!❤️️
I think House Music is my favourite. We have such a cute y11 squad who can actually rehearse and our song is really good and is sounding really nice after only a few rehearsals❤️️ I also love drama as we have lots of laughs and I am only in one scene which isn't much pressure ahaha. It is pretty hard to socially distance and you just forget sometimes but I am trying my best

I hope you have an amazing week ash🥰

Mini Update:
Yes I only updated yesterday but I am very excited to have actually dropped accounting so now I have more study periods which is GREAT :). Another fun thing my school has introduced is Free Dress Fridays going on for the duration of yr7-10 remote learning so yay for comfy clothes Fridays (no annoying shirt or uncomfy school shoes).

Eloise  :D
2021 - english language [45] | chemistry [36] | french [33] | physical education [44]
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !
2022 - bachelor of commerce and bachelor of politics, philosophy and economics @ the australian national university

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #49 on: August 09, 2020, 08:57:04 pm »
+8
Long time no see!

Hello everyone! Sorry for the long break and apologises for the probably messy update!

Methods 3/4
Ok so the SAC was pretty hard! At least that was general consensus and I answered every question so yay! Methods zoom is a nightmare but probability isn't too bad at the moment! I know it will get harder but I am surviving so farish. I want to go back to school SO BAD for the fact that methods needs to be taught in a classroom imo. Anyway, I want to start doing practice exams soonish to smash lots out before the exams! I actually feel pretty good score wise with this subject and I think I could possibly get maybe a 44?
Days until Methods Exam 1: 100
Days until Methods Exam 2: 101

Further 3/4
Networks is the death of me at times! I feel ok about the SAC and I am hoping that it isn't too hard. After this, I want to smash out the linear chapter and move onto practice exams to minimise mistakes and aim for that 50! (aiming high but expecting like 44 haha).
Days until Further Exam 1: 96
Days until Further Exam 2: 99

I have been so so busy these past couple of weeks omg! I have had lots of applications and other stuff and the whole lockdown just taking over me!

Spoiler
Not going to lie this lockdown has been pretty rough. I am such an extrovert and I need people to be energised. I hate being stuck in my own house with only my parents around me. When lockdown was announced I really did not handle it well but I realised its ok to not be ok. I am feeling a lot better and I have had a few friend group zooms and I went for a walk with a friend today (socially distanced and wearing masks of course :) )💙

Thanks for reading!
Eloise ❤️️

EDIT: I wanted to give a massive shoutout to the many new journals I have seen! I'm so so sorry that I haven't replied but I am very happy to see some more class of 21 journals ;D
« Last Edit: August 09, 2020, 08:59:41 pm by eloisegrace »
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

TigerMum

• Trendsetter
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #50 on: August 09, 2020, 10:23:49 pm »
+4
Hey El! Thanks for the update, awesome to see you're smashing your subjects and keeping well!  :)
Methods 3/4
Ok so the SAC was pretty hard! At least that was general consensus and I answered every question so yay! Methods zoom is a nightmare but probability isn't too bad at the moment! I know it will get harder but I am surviving so farish. I want to go back to school SO BAD for the fact that methods needs to be taught in a classroom imo. Anyway, I want to start doing practice exams soonish to smash lots out before the exams! I actually feel pretty good score wise with this subject and I think I could possibly get maybe a 44?
Well done on your SAC, you put in a lot of effort and did your best, so whatever result you get you should be proud of yourself.  :) Can relate with the practice exams, I finished the textbook a while ago but I haven't really started practice exams because I've been held up with SACs.

Spoiler
Not going to lie this lockdown has been pretty rough. I am such an extrovert and I need people to be energised. I hate being stuck in my own house with only my parents around me. When lockdown was announced I really did not handle it well but I realised its ok to not be ok. I am feeling a lot better and I have had a few friend group zooms and I went for a walk with a friend today (socially distanced and wearing masks of course :) )💙
Absolute MOOODD. I'm very extroverted as well and I can't stand being locked up at home; I'm constantly bugging friends to chat, I openly invited them to spam me with any maths questions they are having trouble with just so I can talk about something.  ;D It's good that you've been able to catch up with some people though, even if it's only briefly.
Do look after yourself and best of luck for the upcoming week!

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #51 on: August 21, 2020, 08:39:42 pm »
+7
TigerMum ;D
Thank you for replying! I hope you have done well in your SACs and let's get going on practice exams. It is so good to see people and I cannot wait until school is back again!

Long time no see 2.0

Hello everybody! I hope everyone has had a wonderful week. This week has been very busy for me and I sure think it has been the same for all of you :)

Methods 3/4
I'm very excited to say that we have almost finished the content! About halfway through the Normal Distribution, so we will hopefully finish it by next week. I don't like probability but I feel as though the questions are not as challenging (esp. extended response questions). We also got our SAC 2 (Calculus) back and I got 85% which I was extremely surprised with and so happy with  ;D My school makes very hard SACs because we are a very high achieving school and they need to separate the ranks. I'm not sure about my rank but I feel as though I am top 5 out of 50. I think I am on track to getting a 40 and hopefully a 45? Anything about 40 I am happy with. With two very good SAC results (A+ and 85) I believe anything is possible  :)

Further 3/4
Finished the content! I need to write my bound reference for linear and relations and then start on practice exams! Further is definitely my favourite subject at the moment :). The Networks SAC was very good and even though I felt the least prepared going into it it was the best SAC. I got my result back a couple of days ago and I got 100%. A good ending and hopefully this has helped me maintain or raise to a good rank.

Eng Lang 1/2
Nothing much happening in this subject at the moment. I have a SAT next week which I need to start studying for but I have somehow been getting very good marks in English this year so I'm not too :)

Chemistry 1/2
This subject is very interesting at the moment. Yes it is getting a lot harder but I'm glad my marks haven't been going down. I got 92% on a test for solubility and concentration :). Today we even did a prac at home! It was a pretty simple experiment about pH but it was fun haha.

French 1/2
Year 12 me is going to regret the little amount of work I do for this subject. It's pretty boring on remote but I did another Outcome and got another 86.7% hahaha. I have another one next week so let's hope I can still do pretty well :)

I hope this entry was an enjoyable read!

Eloise 8)
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

Chocolatemilkshake

• MOTM: JAN 21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +371
« Reply #52 on: August 22, 2020, 06:08:03 am »
+4
Loved the update El! And wow, CONGRATULATIONS on your incredible results that’s awesome!  8)

Good luck for the French outcome and the next few weeks, can’t wait to see more updates soon!
2021-2025: BMedSci/M.D @ Monash

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #53 on: August 22, 2020, 08:18:10 am »
+4
Hey El!! Literally binged your journal and I loved it. You're so positive and bright, and when I read this journal I get such positive vibes! Amazing job on your tests (I can only dream of being in the top 5 in Methods). I'm already wishing there was more updates ahahah! All the best for French  ;D
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

J_Rho

• MOTM: MARCH 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +756
« Reply #54 on: August 23, 2020, 10:44:03 am »
+4
El!
Congrats on your Methods (and FURTHER, and Chem AND French!!!) SAC scores! you. are. SMASHING. it!!
IM SO HAPPY FOR YOUUU!!!!!

I hope you had an enjoyable weekend ❤️️
— VCE —
English 30, Further Maths 33, Biology 33, Legal Studies 27, Psychology 32

— University —
Bachelor of Nursing @ Monash
Bachelor of Counselling & Psychological Science @ ACAP

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #55 on: September 07, 2020, 08:05:47 pm »
+8
CM 🍫
Hey Choco! I am glad that you enjoyed the lil update and thank you for your nice words ;) Nothing can beat your 50 and prems in bio ahahaha but hoping for the best ;D
homeworkisapotato 🥔
I can't believe you binged this ENTIRE journal haha thankyou! I try to be as positive on here  :) Here is the update you wished for hopefully you like it!
J_Rho🥰
Omg a reply from J_Rho Thank you so much!! That gif brings me so much joy haha. I hope you are doing well x

Hello everyone... I don't want to say long time no see 3.0 but I would be lying if i said anything otherwise 😂. I am SO sorry for not being very active on this journal recently, I thought I was going to have a relaxing end of term but this term has proven otherwise. I have done so much that I can't tell you as of yet and of course VCE!! In the holidays I want to be super active on here and hopefully that will continue into term 4 :)

Positive Update: I have been doing really well these past couple of weeks  ;D My mental health wasn't too flash hot for a lil while but now I am back to an even happier Eloise ❤️ I am so fortunate to be able to still get a great education and use social media to catch up with my friends and even see a couple in real life. I hope everyone is doing well  :D

Now onto subject specific stuff:

Methods 3/4
Methods oh methods. How I love and hate you. We have officially finished the content and are ready to commence some solid exam revision on the holidays. We did a probability test that I didn't study for (I had so many other more important things at that time) and I got one off full marks! And the mistake I mad was I couldn't subtract fractions in my head (didn't even look over my paper I just turned it in and left because I was stressed about this other thing ahahah). I am planning to get around 20 Exam 1s done and about 30 Exam 2s (I'm not sure if i am being over ambitious but with lockdown it could be possible?) but after early October I want to stick to VCAA to get the best study. I am really proud of how far I have come in methods but I won't be too sad when it is finished in 72 days :)
happyish rant
So we had parent teachers and I was talking to my teacher about methods (way to state the obvious eloise) and my mum asked what rank I was. I don't think she was supposed to tell me but she said I was just "pipped at the post" for the subject award (dux before vcaa exams) which is annoying but also good ?! This means I am rank 2 or 3 in a strong cohort and my teacher said she thinks that I will get at least a 40 which i am so happy about because that was my long term goal. I just want to know who beat me for dux hahaha  ???

Further 3/4
Further has been super chill as always haha. We have started practice exams and I have done about 6 so far but for some reason I am making lots of silly mistakes? This isn't good for further lol but I hope it will improve with practice but this little rocky start to revision has hindered my confidence ever so slightly. I really want to get a 45 in this subject and there is still a possibility I could get dux (my teacher wouldn't say anything but I exceeded his expectations especially because I entered the course so late). I hope to do around 25 of each Exam which hopefully isn't too ambitious but I hope to get a solid chunk done in the holidays.

English Language 1/2
Oh English how I wish you were not compulsory. We had our SAT on the history of English and I think I went ok (two of the questions I left for the last 5 minutes and made up rubbish but hopefully I will get some marks haha). We haven't gotten our results back but my teacher told me at parent teacher interviews that I got within the A/A+ range like my other assessments which is good. I really hope I get the same teacher next year as I really think she will boost my SS to fingers crossed a 40!

Chemistry 1/2
Acids and Bases and Redox will be the death of me! I have my AOS1 test tomorrow and I didn't start studying early so I have basically been cramming content and spamming practice questions. Those who are on the study checklist page will see my long lists of chemistry. I am still enjoying this subject overall but boy oh boy acids and bases and redox are challenging. It's annoying they are in 3/4 but I think I have a decent understanding of them after strenuous study.

Mundane Life Update: My mouse on my MacBook Pro just disappears every 10 seconds and the only way I can get it back is to right click which is SO ANNOYING. Any tips would be greatly appreciated xo

I hope you enjoyed this segments of eloisegrace's busy life!

I am so appreciative of all 4000 of you readers🥰

Eloise 🤪☀️🌈
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #56 on: September 07, 2020, 09:31:38 pm »
+4
WOO another update!
It's great your mental health is positive again, you're such an inspiration. AMAZING JOB in methods, god imagine even being runner up in methods! What a queen. Nothing is too ambitious, what stops us from achieving great things is us, so you can do it and finish 50 exams and get a 45! All the best and can't wait until the next update  ;D
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

bluebird

• Forum Regular
  • (she/her)
  • Respect: +43
« Reply #57 on: September 16, 2020, 06:06:35 am »
+3
wowie eloisegrace i binged your journal and i absolutely love it. it's so inspiring reading through it and i can't wait to see what mine will look like next year. hopefully i can bring the same amount of positivity and inspiration you do. good luck for your exams and revision, i'm sure you will be great for them, bc from what i can see ur positivity and dedication will definitely break through. all the best  :D
- maria
« Last Edit: September 16, 2020, 10:39:09 am by almaria »
VCE 2021: Biology | HHD [50]
VCE 2022: Methods | Chemistry | Literature | English Language

eloisegrace

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #58 on: October 06, 2020, 09:42:57 pm »
+5
~ Update 107 (jks) ~

Hello everyone! Welcome to my little messy journal and welcome back for the real ones who have been following my journey for a while now :). I am so sorry for not updating for like a month, it has been such a busy month and my life has been a hectic one!

potato 🥔
Thank you so much for reading my journal and ALWAYS updating 🥰. Your positivity and comment really did make my day and help motivate me. I wish you the best for biology and I am certain you will get 45+, heck even a 50! 8)
almaria
Hey almaria, thank you so much for binging this ENTIRE journal :) :). I cannot wait to follow your journey and I'm glad you like my positivity, i try ❤️

This lockdown has been hard, it's been bloody long (at least 9 weeks but no one is counting..... right) and I cannot wait to finally see my friends tomorrow, most of which I haven't seen in real life since school locked down (we love when your friends live super far away). Mental health has been a little bit rocky but I have really been working on self care in the past couple of weeks 😊. Life has been going so slow yet so fast (I can't believe there is only 1 more term left until I am in year 12  :o). I also cannot believe that my first exam is in 38 days !!!!! AHHHHHHHHH

Onto my subjects:

Methods✰
Content ✅ SACs ✅ Bound Reference ✅ (ish, still needs examples but close enough) and now onto practice exam questions. Exam 1s are going ok, I have been making a lot of stupid mistakes but I haven't done any under timed conditions. Exam 2s are kicking my butt though (Ashmi, how did you say that you enjoyed these... please teach me your ways). My marks range so so much on these but again I hope to improve with timed conditions. I've done like 20 exams so far (all as like worksheets) and I need to really go through and target my weaknesses. For Exam 1 I am getting around 80-95ish on each and For Exam 2 I am getting around 70-85ish. Pretty good, I need to improve for a 44 but I feel like I will scrape a 40 at least with my high SAC ranking.

Any methods exam revision tips would be appreciated :)

Further✰
My one true love, further maths. Doing exams is kinda therapeutic if I'm gonna be completely honest, because I understand all the content really well (a lot better than methods if I'm gonna be honest). Again, lots of stupid mistakes but I have noticed a reduction in them so I am hoping for them to go down to 0 before the actual exam in 38 days  >:( ???. I've done like 20 exams again so far and only a few under timed conditions and I am getting around 85-95 for each exam. I really want a 45+ (deep down a 47) but right now I'm more tracking towards low-mid 40s. Gotta keep on grinding for that high score :)

Any further exam revision tips would be appreciated :)

English Language✰
Not much to say for this, I got a 93% on my last SAT and I have an essay due next week that I need to finish (only 1/3 through and I've had the essay for a month, whoops!) Not really enjoying this subject but it is bareable so yeah  :P

Chemistry✰
Gives further a run for its money for my favourite subject. AOS 1 was a success, I really enjoyed the acid-base and redox topic in the end and I got a 97% on the final test so go me! AOS 2 is a bit more boring but I'm getting through it thankfully. Chem has been the best subject online I think but I'm super glad to get back to school and maybe do some pracs!

French✰
French has been a struggle recently, I have been SUPER unmotivated and honestly considered dropping it at one point. I want to put more effort into my French studies next year (haven't I said this in every update, yes I have). I got 80% on my last outcome which is again not too bad considering the amount of effort I have been putting in (aka none)

Mundane Life Update: I am not looking forward to the GAT. At all. I did a practice GAT and I thought I did horribly, actually didn't do too bad, but I want to do a heck of a lot better on the real thing tomorrow. No one knows how the GAT will be used this year and I don't want my scores being affected negatively, especially because I am riding for my two 3/4s (further and methods) to be high in my top 4 because I am stronger in them than my other subjects. I haven't really done any targeted revision other than a bit of a practice GAT and watch and read some advice, but I am just hoping for the best.

I hope you all have a great week, good luck on the GAT to my fellow year 11s and year 12s and let's hope I actually update on here more 😂🥰

Eloise🤪😊
ATAR - 98.75
my vce journey !

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
« Reply #59 on: October 06, 2020, 10:37:01 pm »
+5
Hey El!!🥰

Great to see a journal update🤩

Exam 1s are going ok, I have been making a lot of stupid mistakes but I haven't done any under timed conditions. Exam 2s are kicking my butt though (Ashmi, how did you say that you enjoyed these... please teach me your ways).

Exam 2 is so much FUN!🥰 Sometimes, I just laugh at the funny questions they have in the extended response. [It is so exaggerated and I love it. Take the time to appreciate it]. I'm the opposite, please teach me your ways for E1 :o. You are doing a terrific job so far and don't worry, you can only go up from here.

Any further exam revision tips would be appreciated :)
Don't spam the practice exams and really understand. Like REALLY understand what you are doing. It will make your life so much easier I promise!

Also, amazing progress with all of your subjects El! You are doing a fantastic job and keep up the great work ;D. Don't worry too much about the GAT, I'm sure everything will work out in the end 8)

Thanks for the journal update El and good luck for the GAT tomorrow! I know you will smash it and be totally fine 8)