Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 17, 2024, 12:23:27 am

Author Topic: Psych exam TOMORROWW!!!!!!!!!  (Read 1126 times)  Share 

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
Psych exam TOMORROWW!!!!!!!!!
« on: October 31, 2018, 12:48:12 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

Tomorrow's the big day. This year went like so fast. Whos ready? I think I'm not coz I think I haven't prepared as much as I should have. .procrastinated a lot. Do y'all think the exam is gonna be really long this year coz it's like 40 pages whereas last year's was about 36 pages. What da y'all think the 10 mark question will be? I hope it's not that hard. Anyways good luck to everyone WE CAN DO THIS!!!!!!! I JUST WANT THIS EXAM TO BE OVER AND DONE WITH!!!!!!!!!! LIKE IM STRESSIN OUT SO BAD I FEEL LIKE MY ANSWERS STILL ARE VERY BAD AND HAVEN'T REACHED THAT VCAA STANDARD YET

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Psych exam TOMORROWW!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 31, 2018, 01:07:34 pm »
+3
Hey,

My guess is that you'll have a decent amount of reading in there & there'll be less 1 mark questions and more higher mark questions. I think this is good, because it means that it's less about correctly predicting what 1 or 2 points they are looking for, and more about demonstrating your understanding. My guess is that the 10 marker will be related to MH and/or stress but who knows! It'll be interesting to see what they come up with.

When answering your questions if you're feeling really lost try to follow this:
- Terminology : if you've got no idea what the question is on about look for psych jargon and explain what it means
- Evaluate: What do you think is going to happen or did happen based on the info provided
- Scenario: Make sure you mention the person's name and/or otherwise link to the specific scenario
- Topics: How does the information link to topics in the course
This might not get you full marks for all qs, but if you have nothing else it should help you get some

Remember that no ones is expecting you to get 100% and that you have already passed. Nothing now can make you fail, as it's only your SACs that determine pass/fail. In the end this is one number. A useful number, but one that you probably won't care about this time next year.

There's going to be a bunch of cues in there that help you retrieve your memories & if you panic you can stop to breathe for a bit. It'll be ok, no matter how you go :)

Edit: fixed a typo
« Last Edit: October 31, 2018, 07:34:37 pm by miniturtle »

headsup

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +53
Re: Psych exam TOMORROWW!!!!!!!!!
« Reply #2 on: October 31, 2018, 06:26:36 pm »
Best of luck with it.....  :)
So close to the end!!!!
MY SCHEDULE
18th - English P1
19th - English P2