Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:41:48 am

Author Topic: ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ moonie's vce journey  (Read 9133 times)

moonchild

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +29
ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ moonie's vce journey
« on: September 13, 2019, 04:36:09 pm »
+11
Hiii~
so, im very late to the party cos is nearing the end of term 3 now but hopefully its okay.
First of all i think i should do a little introduction ahaha ヽ(^Д^)ノ
I'm in year 11 this year with about a year and a bit left of my vce journey! This year, im studying bio 3/4, which is quite fun and i'm happy to have such a great teacher! I am also doing eng, spesh, methods, chem and computing (all 1/2s) in school and take a 1/2 language outside ᵔᴥᵔ
Outside of school life, im pretty much boring, im still working on finding a hobby that doesnt involve being on my phone ahaha.
I love wandering around, going to museums and any art galleries (so if anyone does find this pls hmu w/ new places to visit) and I also love taking photos!
I'm still working on myself and finding ways to study effectively for next year (although not very successful rn bahah) to get the best score that i can achieve ✩°。⋆⸜(ू。•ω•。)
thats all from me for now ヾ(^-^)ノ

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
Re: ଘ(੭*ˊᵕˋ)੭* ̀ˋ moonie's vce journey
« Reply #1 on: September 13, 2019, 04:38:43 pm »
+1
It's never too late in the year to start a journal! ;D Great to see yours pop up.

Awesome about Bio. What is it about your teacher that makes you like them? :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: September 13, 2019, 05:18:48 pm »
+1
Lovely to meet you moonchild! I love your username! Are you interested in astronomy or astrology? ;D

This year, im studying bio 3/4, which is quite fun and i'm happy to have such a great teacher! I am also doing eng, spesh, methods, chem and computing (all 1/2s) in school and take a 1/2 language outside ᵔᴥᵔ
How are you finding bio? Also, what language are you doing?

Outside of school life, im pretty much boring, im still working on finding a hobby that doesnt involve being on my phone ahaha.
Good luck! I feel like I'm always on my phone. Do you like to be creative?

I love wandering around, going to museums and any art galleries (so if anyone does find this pls hmu w/ new places to visit) and I also love taking photos!
Have you been to Heide? I have never been inside, but I love the sculptures. I turn 16 in December, so I'm planning to go sometime soon while my ticket is still free.
Also, The Dax Centre is awesome! Would totally recommend. I would also just love to read more about your experiences in museums and art galleries if you ever feel like sharing. I'm always looking for cool new places to go.

Look forward to reading more!

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #3 on: September 13, 2019, 05:31:40 pm »
+3
It's never too late in the year to start a journal! ;D Great to see yours pop up.

Awesome about Bio. What is it about your teacher that makes you like them? :)

I think makes them a good teacher is that they're always willing to explain, the teacher keeps us all motivated and keeps us engaged in the class (if that makes sense ahaha)! Ngl tho, last year i had a bad teacher and i think i wasnt expecting much, i also moved schools at the start of this year so i really had no idea abt the teachers and all, but im glad i got an great bio teacher this year!

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #4 on: September 13, 2019, 05:52:30 pm »
+4
Lovely to meet you moonchild! I love your username! Are you interested in astronomy or astrology? ;D
hiiiii~ and thank you, a bit of both but ngl its a song title that i hold close (moonchild - rm bts) ♡^▽^♡

How are you finding bio? Also, what language are you doing?
Good luck! I feel like I'm always on my phone. Do you like to be creative?

Im not gonna say i absolutely love bio as it hurts sometimes ╥﹏╥  but i will say that it is one of my favourite subjects that i actually enjoy at school! I do vietnamese SL! I don't think i'm very creative but i'm always willing to try i guess ahaha

Have you been to Heide? I have never been inside, but I love the sculptures. I turn 16 in December, so I'm planning to go sometime soon while my ticket is still free.
Also, The Dax Centre is awesome! Would totally recommend. I would also just love to read more about your experiences in museums and art galleries if you ever feel like sharing. I'm always looking for cool new places to go.

I havent been there yet! But it looks amazing, hopefully i can go sometime during the holidays!! (ᗒᗨᗕ)

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #5 on: September 13, 2019, 09:43:26 pm »
+2
omg moonchild! are you a joon bias?
i cant wait to read about he rest of your journey  :D

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #6 on: September 14, 2019, 04:54:23 pm »
+2
omg moonchild! are you a joon bias?
i cant wait to read about he rest of your journey  :D

i love them all equally (hehe ot7 here!), its nice to see an army on here! nice to meet you, hope you stay for this emotional ride ahaha ♡^▽^♡

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #7 on: September 17, 2019, 10:27:03 pm »
+6
Alright, welcome to ep.2 of moonie's journey!

So, i have finally finished the last of my bio sac today! and idk if i should be excited or worried cause now i have to start exam prep ahaha
Luckily it's my only 3/4 this year, so i'm hoping to be able to put 120% effort into it! (if any one has any revising tips pls send thru). I've been reading through a whole lot of bio tips, exam revision and so on but i can't find myself to actually do them. I feel like i've sort of reached a point where I've got no motivation to do anything anymore (which is really bad) so yeah, um idk what i should do, but hopefully i can recover from this and study better than i am in this last week of school. I'm starting to feel the pressure now ahaha, let me tell you when i received the official paper, WHEN I RECEIVED THE OFFICIAL PAPER BOIII I WAS STRESSED ahahaha, it feels like its actually happening LIKE IM ACTUALLY GOING TO SIT THE EXAM IN 44 DAYS BUT ITSNOTLIKEIMCOUNTINGORANYTHINGAHAHAHA 

Also can i just say, oh boii is chem getting to me, i honestly am struggling so bad its not even funny anymore, i have a "sac" coming up in like 2(?) days and gosh i am stressed ahahah but hopefully it'll be okay, im gonna spend the whole of tmr and the morning before the class to cramming for chem (obviously a very good technique).

Honestly idk how to lay out these but, like im just gonna go for it bahaha

Um methods is alright, i dont think i have anymore assessments this term but my recent test wasn't the best - its alright though, i strangely don't feel like crying abt it yet ahaha which is not surprising at this rate. I will improve i promise... i hope

anyways thats this week's episode, maybe ill do one more on the last day of term, so the end of this week
SO STAY TUNED FOR THE NEXT EPISODE

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2019, 08:12:20 am »
+3
Good luck with chemistry! I find annotating chemistry formulas in my notes & doing practice questions useful.

I also did bio a year early & I definitely think that was a major factor in my overall VCE performance.

Btw, taking photos and visiting museums + art galleries sounds interesting to me - you don't need to discount these things as boring :)

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #9 on: September 18, 2019, 08:44:28 am »
+1
hey i just wanted to ask how much is the study load for bio 3/4 compared to the 1/2 anD WELCOME TO THE LATE GANG AYYY
taking a break.

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #10 on: September 18, 2019, 12:20:00 pm »
Good luck with chemistry! I find annotating chemistry formulas in my notes & doing practice questions useful.

I also did bio a year early & I definitely think that was a major factor in my overall VCE performance.

Btw, taking photos and visiting museums + art galleries sounds interesting to me - you don't need to discount these things as boring :)

Thank you for the tip! also i think i phrased it wrong, i meant that outside of school i dont do much ahah so it may be boring, but the excitement comes from going to museums and taking photos! i should have phrased it better

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #11 on: September 18, 2019, 12:25:21 pm »
+2
hey i just wanted to ask how much is the study load for bio 3/4 compared to the 1/2 anD WELCOME TO THE LATE GANG AYYY

Hii~ i think from 1/2 you can see that the workload is quite a bit as bio is one of the more heavy contented subjects. In comparison to 3/4 bio, 1/2 is more chill ig, cause for 3/4 there's a bit of content which you build on from 1/2 and lots of new concepts which you have to know! Also theres very specific terminology for bio so when studying make sure you use these words as often as possible  ♡^▽^♡ how are you finding bio so far? good luck!

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
« Reply #12 on: September 18, 2019, 06:45:59 pm »
+1
Hii~ i think from 1/2 you can see that the workload is quite a bit as bio is one of the more heavy contented subjects. In comparison to 3/4 bio, 1/2 is more chill ig, cause for 3/4 there's a bit of content which you build on from 1/2 and lots of new concepts which you have to know! Also theres very specific terminology for bio so when studying make sure you use these words as often as possible  ♡^▽^♡ how are you finding bio so far? good luck!

omg thank you so much thats really helpful and im finding bio pretty good rn, like some people make it seem like its really hard but i find it easy (pretty subjective lmao) and good luck to you too!!
taking a break.

moonchild

• Trailblazer
« Reply #13 on: September 20, 2019, 07:11:23 pm »
+5
welcome back again to another episode of moonie's vce journey ヾ(☆▽☆)
finally the holidays have come back around for the 3rd time this year! im glad that term 3 has finished, and to celebrate im gonna recap the term and see what i can improve on!
p.s this ones gonna be a bit lengthy but stick around ᵔᴥᵔ

1/ Rocky start to the term
So this term i had a bit of a rocky start, because i wasn't feeling confident with my abilities to do well in spesh, hence i switched to another subject for about two weeks and decided to change back into spesh because starting a new unit in a new subject was a bit difficult. The take away for this is that, even though a subject might seem difficult, if you have hope and faith in yourself, you can do it! I found that changing subjects for unit 2 was quite difficult. This is entirely my opinion and experience, but i found that when i jumped into unit 2 of a different subject from the one i was doing before, i felt lost and behind, it wasn't nice, and i felt worst about the whole subject changing thing (idek if im making sense tbh baahah) but i dont regret changing for the 2 weeks cause i was able to at least try something new.

2/ the end of bio content
as it was term 3, all the bio content was being wrapped up and for once i actually felt sad to receive my last booklet for the content block ╥﹏╥ actually it was pretty surprising how our whole class quickly became sad as our teacher was handing the last booklet out (ㄒoㄒ)
i didn't think i'd ever feel sad, finishing content for a subject but here i am ahaha, i think i found bio as one of my more enjoyable and fun subject. I really enjoyed learning all the things bio 3/4 had to offer and hope that i can do well for the end of year exam. definitely need to be more productive this holidays to study for bio!

3/ bad time management + chemistry = the worst of the worst
ngl, this term had been one of the hardest for chem, i dont think i spent my time effectively in class - having spend all my time revising last minute for my bio sac in chem classes. i feel like result wise, this term i havent produced the best work i could've for chem, especially yesterday when i had my test, i completely freaked out and could not do the test to the best of my abilities  - i feel reason for panicking during the test was because i didn't feel prepared at all, i was completely drained from all the other assessments and just felt like i couldn't do anything. For term 4, im hoping to change that - i would really like to finish the year off well and achieve the best i can, i think i should improve my time management and really step up my game.

4/no motivation - burn out
i dont know if this is what it feels like to be burn out, but during the term on many occasions, i was completely drained, i couldn't focus on anything, couldn't get any work done effectively. i felt no motivation to do anything but had to power through because of the countless assessments/tests/sac
im really glad the term has concluded and hope to use the holidays effectively and recharge my energy for term 4 - cause i know it'll be the hardest most fast paced one (ㄒoㄒ) definitely will be attending some AN lectures and hopefully complete all the work i want to this holidays (pls send tips and help for  how i should use my time this holidays, much appreciated!!)

I think im gonna end the recap off here cause its getting very lengthy, but i hope that term 4 will be better - this term has been hard and time is just flying! this term really has been hard but it's okay! im glad the holidays are here, gonna spend it resting, recharging, having fun but also seriously studying ~ (^▽^)
i hope everyone has a lovely holiday ~ rest up, eat lots and do something fun! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

blueycan

• MOTM: AUG 19
  • Forum Obsessive
  • she/her
  • Respect: +244
« Reply #14 on: September 20, 2019, 08:12:39 pm »
+1
welcome back again to another episode of moonie's vce journey ヾ(☆▽☆)
finally the holidays have come back around for the 3rd time this year! im glad that term 3 has finished, and to celebrate im gonna recap the term and see what i can improve on!
p.s this ones gonna be a bit lengthy but stick around ᵔᴥᵔ

1/ Rocky start to the term
So this term i had a bit of a rocky start, because i wasn't feeling confident with my abilities to do well in spesh, hence i switched to another subject for about two weeks and decided to change back into spesh because starting a new unit in a new subject was a bit difficult. The take away for this is that, even though a subject might seem difficult, if you have hope and faith in yourself, you can do it! I found that changing subjects for unit 2 was quite difficult. This is entirely my opinion and experience, but i found that when i jumped into unit 2 of a different subject from the one i was doing before, i felt lost and behind, it wasn't nice, and i felt worst about the whole subject changing thing (idek if im making sense tbh baahah) but i dont regret changing for the 2 weeks cause i was able to at least try something new.

2/ the end of bio content
as it was term 3, all the bio content was being wrapped up and for once i actually felt sad to receive my last booklet for the content block ╥﹏╥ actually it was pretty surprising how our whole class quickly became sad as our teacher was handing the last booklet out (ㄒoㄒ)
i didn't think i'd ever feel sad, finishing content for a subject but here i am ahaha, i think i found bio as one of my more enjoyable and fun subject. I really enjoyed learning all the things bio 3/4 had to offer and hope that i can do well for the end of year exam. definitely need to be more productive this holidays to study for bio!

3/ bad time management + chemistry = the worst of the worst
ngl, this term had been one of the hardest for chem, i dont think i spent my time effectively in class - having spend all my time revising last minute for my bio sac in chem classes. i feel like result wise, this term i havent produced the best work i could've for chem, especially yesterday when i had my test, i completely freaked out and could not do the test to the best of my abilities  - i feel reason for panicking during the test was because i didn't feel prepared at all, i was completely drained from all the other assessments and just felt like i couldn't do anything. For term 4, im hoping to change that - i would really like to finish the year off well and achieve the best i can, i think i should improve my time management and really step up my game.

4/no motivation - burn out
i dont know if this is what it feels like to be burn out, but during the term on many occasions, i was completely drained, i couldn't focus on anything, couldn't get any work done effectively. i felt no motivation to do anything but had to power through because of the countless assessments/tests/sac
im really glad the term has concluded and hope to use the holidays effectively and recharge my energy for term 4 - cause i know it'll be the hardest most fast paced one (ㄒoㄒ) definitely will be attending some AN lectures and hopefully complete all the work i want to this holidays (pls send tips and help for  how i should use my time this holidays, much appreciated!!)

I think im gonna end the recap off here cause its getting very lengthy, but i hope that term 4 will be better - this term has been hard and time is just flying! this term really has been hard but it's okay! im glad the holidays are here, gonna spend it resting, recharging, having fun but also seriously studying ~ (^▽^)
i hope everyone has a lovely holiday ~ rest up, eat lots and do something fun! ( ̄▽ ̄)ノ

make sure you rest and recover this holidays so you can come back fighting !
do you have any plans for the break ?  :D