Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:15:42 am

Author Topic: Help on writing conclusions!  (Read 1486 times)  Share 

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
Help on writing conclusions!
« on: September 12, 2018, 06:07:27 pm »
Hey,
can anyone plz explain how to write a conclusion if they ask a question like "write a conclusion for this experiment" on the exam possibly. also, what would be a conclusion that would earn me full marks? thx!

Mod edit: refrain from duplicate posting in future (you made two threads with identical content (and title). Please also refrain from using all-caps for thread titles. I understand that getting advice is probably important to you, but all-caps will not get you a faster response.
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:13:39 pm by miniturtle »

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Help on writing conclusions!
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2018, 06:10:17 pm »
+1
This would depend on the exact question, but generally, ask yourself these questions:

- related to aim (was the hypothesis supported?)
- to what groups, if any, can this be generalised to?
-  what real-world repercussions does this have?
« Last Edit: September 12, 2018, 06:14:00 pm by miniturtle »

lleeea

• Trendsetter
  • dont judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2018, 06:20:29 pm »
This would depend on the exact question, but generally, ask yourself these questions:

- related to aim (was the hypothesis supported?)
- to what groups, if any, can this be generalised to?
-  what real-world repercussions does this have?
hi miniturtle, that didnt exactly answer my question. i want an example of a sample really good conclusion. but still thanx for ur meaningful input

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2018, 06:35:12 pm »
hi miniturtle, that didnt exactly answer my question. i want an example of a sample really good conclusion. but still thanx for ur meaningful input

hi lleeea, the reason I didn't give a sample is because what's really good varies depending on the question. Eg. Sometimes including real-world applications is a waste of time, but sometimes it's what separates a "good" response from a "really good" response. The best way to learn this is by trial and error comparing your responses to the examiners report.

There's a very difficult question in one of the VCAA exams around this topic, I don't want to spoil the exam for you, but when you come across it I would recommend thoroughly reading the examiners report and seeing how this is different to the types of conclusions you usually write in class