Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 23, 2024, 11:51:08 pm

Author Topic: Increasing efficiency  (Read 639 times)

clovvy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +44
Increasing efficiency
« on: August 04, 2018, 08:13:44 pm »
Hey guys, as most are aware I am not in the best head as usual and trials are approaching, though this time I am approaching it differently...

I am not going to ask about if there is possibility of getting xxx atar or xxx marks, but rather the efficiency... The reason many did well while they cram must be the effectiveness of that cramming...  (Lika Jake)...

Now,  I am struggling with anxiety and it has been detrimental throughout my yr 12, part of me wish I knew sooner, part of me just want to get out ASAP, part of me felt that I am not ready for life outside of school just yet .. The thing is an hour worth of work can potentially take me half a day due to anxiety that can go out of control,  over the holidays before trials I almost break my houselamp for forcing myself to study under anxiety.. I am seeing a psychiatrist and I will see them again 2 weeks from now.... So far I don't even know how to make my study as efficient as possible because if I allocate less time I get almost none done, when anxious I pretty much froze and couldn't do much... Or I forget content I learn the day before... This is tremendously frustrating and even more annoying is that I felt this year is wasted for nothing because I am not enjoying yr 12 at all, all because of anxiety and I have tried to control it as best as I can.... What usually works to increase efficiency?
2018 HSC: 4U maths, 3U maths, Standard English, Chemistry, Physics

Bells_123

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +9
Re: Increasing efficiency
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2018, 12:44:11 am »
Whenever I'm feeling anxious and unfocused whilst studying (which does happen quite a bit) I try to take regular breaks between study periods. I like to use an app called 'tide' sometimes which makes you study for 25 mins and then take a 5 min break after, which is much more effective and efficient for concentration in my opinion rather than having a 3 hour straight session. Sometimes switching between different study methods like flashcards, subject summary writing, videos etc. are good as well - if you're feeling exhausted a short video on a specific topic is good to watch for revision. I find subject summaries to be the most time-consuming and I like to watch short videos when I'm tired or don't have much time, but it does depend if you're a visual/kinesthetic/auditory/written learner on which method you prefer :)

I have a friend who experiences bad anxiety as well and they get special considerations for exams (like longer exam time), they seem a lot more relaxed now and I think doing hobbies helped them a lot so don't feel guilty if you need free time - it's probably best for your brain!

Those are a couple tips for efficiency, hopefully it helps in some way  :D
Class of 2018

Subjects:
Chemistry | Biology | Economics | Advanced English | Advanced Maths | Extension Maths

"Always remember than you are absolutely unique, just like everyone else." ;)