Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:18:06 am

Author Topic: .  (Read 1480 times)

vikasarkalgud

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
« on: June 25, 2018, 07:14:14 pm »
« Last Edit: August 06, 2019, 08:48:48 am by vikasarkalgud »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Loss of motivation
« Reply #1 on: June 25, 2018, 07:48:23 pm »
+6
J41 comes to the rescue, having (re)posted these links recently on motivation. (Click here and here for them.)

Now, back to the issue. Anger doesn't usually resolve issues; people tend to rest on their laurels as soon as they achieve their supposed goal. I believe this might have been what has happened to you. I think the difference you need to make is not necessarily focusing on what others are doing, but beating your own personal best. Got a Rank 1, but a 93%? Try to get 94% (or more) and refrain from mistakes next time. Got a perfect score? Try to get that again. Doing this puts the competition upon yourself to do better (or repeat it) and won't be as easy. It'll be a constant competition against yourself. Who better to beat past you than present you? The best thing about personal bests is that it doesn't matter the mark you got beforehand; you just want to beat your previous 'best'. This will work whether you're the best or the worst in the class and won't be influenced by external forces (your classmates).   

Hope that helps.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
Re: Loss of motivation
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2018, 12:52:25 pm »
I would say, remember that fire that urged you to get where you are. How you felt when you wanted to be where you are now. Feel motivated that now that you've paved a really difficult path and surpassed others, now you have to maintain a steady speed. I felt the same way that you did! But I give myself a set amount of tasks each day and force myself to do them, and it's so satisfying to be able to relax and know that you've done everything you need to do.  :)
2018 HSC