Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:45:31 pm

Author Topic: How do I catch up and get ahead?  (Read 1177 times)  Share 

1ne

How do I catch up and get ahead?
« on: April 11, 2012, 03:58:00 pm »
hey guys I've started school late.. and therefore am really behind in psychology.. I want to catch up with my class and get ahead as soon as possible possible have a month to do practice exams.. should I:

What would be a better method to catch up:
- Read everything and summarise into notes skipping the L.A questions..
or
- Once I have summarised and read everything for each chapter.. I go through the notes.. and start doing Checkpoint questions on each topic?

I have done Chapters 2, 3 and a little bit of 4 for Psychology. How long would it take to finish Chapter 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8? I know some people have finished the course already so wanna know how long would it take.

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +65
Re: How do I catch up and get ahead?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2012, 09:08:16 pm »
hey guys I've started school late.. and therefore am really behind in psychology.. I want to catch up with my class and get ahead as soon as possible possible have a month to do practice exams.. should I:

What would be a better method to catch up:
- Read everything and summarise into notes skipping the L.A questions..
or
- Once I have summarised and read everything for each chapter.. I go through the notes.. and start doing Checkpoint questions on each topic?

I have done Chapters 2, 3 and a little bit of 4 for Psychology. How long would it take to finish Chapter 1, 5, 6, 7 and 8? I know some people have finished the course already so wanna know how long would it take.

Go through the chapters with a highlighter, write some notes and then do the relevant checkpoints questions before moving onto the next section. Chapter 1 is quite lengthy so you might wanna start that soon, chapter 5 is quite short as is chapter 7+8.. Chapter 6 is quite long too. You still have time to catch up with this subject, but I'm warning you now, if you don't start immediately it'll be very hard to get ahead and get a high mark on your exam. So, go for it! :) I think if you work solidly for the rest of this break you could finish all the chapters by the time you get back to school!
2010 ATAR: 98.35 - Psychology [50] Media Studies [47
2011-'13: Bachelor of Biomedicine [Neuroscience Major] at Melbourne Uni 
2014-'17: Doctor of Medicine (MD) at Melbourne Uni 

1ne

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2012, 09:21:57 pm »
I only got a few days left till school? You really think it's possible to do all them?

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2012, 09:26:29 pm »
You could, BUT if I were you I'd finish chapter 4, then do chapter 5 and then go back to chapter 1 and learn that properly before school starts again. I think you can get that down if you really knuckle down and work hard.

That should put you in a good position heading back to school. And most classes probably haven't really gotten to memory yet (CH 6,7,8). But once you start school again make sure you work solidly on chapters 6, 7 and 8. There's so much content in this subject if you don't work a bit ahead in the lead up to mid years it'll make it quite hard to do really well.

1ne

« Reply #4 on: April 11, 2012, 09:29:24 pm »
Ty. Do you recommend doing the L.A questions, or would it be better just going through Checkpoints, writing notes, etc?

Slumdawg

• Victorian
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #5 on: April 11, 2012, 09:35:25 pm »
+2
Ty. Do you recommend doing the L.A questions, or would it be better just going through Checkpoints, writing notes, etc?
Checkpoints + writing notes.

From what I've seen, most of the L.A. questions aren't that great, I tell most of my students to avoid doing them if they can... I think the end of chapter questions are much better if you're gonna do any textbook questions :)