Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 18, 2024, 04:13:57 pm

Author Topic: Didn't get the ATAR for Access Melbourne/Monash guarantee?  (Read 11712 times)  Share 

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Didn't get the ATAR for Access Melbourne/Monash guarantee?
« Reply #15 on: December 15, 2018, 12:01:17 am »
hi. I applied for seas category 2 and 3 (financial difficulties) but for some odd reason i did not get a text or email from Access Melbourne. I got one from Monash but I dont know why melbourne uni hasn’t accepted my eligibility???? I am well below average regarding my financial state so it makes me more than eligible in a way. Can someone please help me out? I gave unimelb a call and they said they cant see whether I am eligible or not, So should i go to the university myself or contact vtac?? thanks :-\
It could've been that Melbourne didn't accept it or it could've been a mistake. I guess it might be better to go contact VTAC at this rate.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

Zahraalhaloob

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #16 on: December 15, 2018, 12:20:05 am »
It could've been that Melbourne didn't accept it or it could've been a mistake. I guess it might be better to go contact VTAC at this rate.
I agree. Would you think a mistake like this can be fixed?? Or is it too late because they have sent out emails already...

Livthomas

• Trailblazer
« Reply #17 on: December 15, 2018, 09:47:19 am »

I applied for 3 categories and not even monash or melbourne has accepted it which is absurd because I know tons of people who have lied in their applications and got accepted, which I did not. Does SEAS still apply in this case, like will they still consider my SEAS adjusted ATAR or only if I get melbourne access?

Maya24

• MOTM: OCT 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +114
« Reply #18 on: December 15, 2018, 11:29:29 am »
I missed the Monash guarantee atar by 3.5 atar points. What is the chance of me still getting accepted?

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #19 on: December 15, 2018, 11:33:16 am »
I missed the Monash guarantee atar by 3.5 atar points. What is the chance of me still getting accepted?

I'd recommend using the Monash SEAS caluculator and calculating any subject bonus points you might receive for the courses you're interested in, to get the best idea.

Hope this helps :)

Onyx

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: -1
« Reply #20 on: December 15, 2018, 03:45:50 pm »
I'd recommend using the Monash SEAS caluculator and calculating any subject bonus points you might receive for the courses you're interested in, to get the best idea.

Hope this helps :)

How does Monash determine how high or low the difficult circumstance is?

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #21 on: December 15, 2018, 04:22:26 pm »
+1
How does Monash determine how high or low the difficult circumstance is?
I'm just guessing here so don't take this as fact - I'm not aware of the information on their process being available.
For something like financial disadvantage (for example), it's normally judged on centerlink payments. The amount of these payments varies depending on a number of factors, mostly income. I'd imagine that people who are receiving the maximum centerlink payment would be deemed to have higher disadvantage than those who are also receiving a payment but are receiving less payment. This is just my theory though.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

Zahraalhaloob

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #22 on: December 16, 2018, 06:12:13 pm »
I spoke to unimelb on the phone and asked them why they haven't accepted my Access melb request, and they said that my application was still under review due to the high demand... So they're still sending out emails. Is this the same response others are getting from Unimelb?

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
« Reply #23 on: December 16, 2018, 06:50:13 pm »
I spoke to unimelb on the phone and asked them why they haven't accepted my Access melb request, and they said that my application was still under review due to the high demand... So they're still sending out emails. Is this the same response others are getting from Unimelb?
Not in Year 12 (2018) so I can't answer that question, but it seems that Melbourne (and, to a lesser extent, Monash) are still sending them out.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

ykna

• Adventurer
« Reply #24 on: December 17, 2018, 12:27:05 am »
Hello (:

So from reading a few posts from this thread, I should leave my preference for BSc at Melb uni in first? I really want to do it and I'm just 2 points below Access Melbourne (which i have been notified that i do qualify for) And I've also fulfilled all the prerequisites. Just looking for some encouragement to alleviate some of my anxiety.

Lear

• MOTM: JUL 18
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +328
« Reply #25 on: December 17, 2018, 12:29:55 am »
+1

Hello (:

So from reading a few posts from this thread, I should leave my preference for BSc at Melb uni in first? I really want to do it and I'm just 2 points below Access Melbourne (which i have been notified that i do qualify for) And I've also fulfilled all the prerequisites. Just looking for some encouragement to alleviate some of my anxiety.

There’s nothing to lose. Definitely leave it there.
2018: ATAR: 99.35
Subjects
English: 44
Methods: 43
Further Maths: 50
Chemistry: 46
Legal: 40
2019: Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine @ Monash

ammeamme

• Adventurer
« Reply #26 on: December 18, 2018, 10:29:27 pm »
Does anyone know if confirmation of your eligibility for Access Melb means that unimelb will grant you SEAS points?
I'm ineligible for Access so now I'm worried unimelb might also not approve my SEAS application (category 1).

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #27 on: December 18, 2018, 10:34:14 pm »
+1
Does anyone know if confirmation of your eligibility for Access Melb means that unimelb will grant you SEAS points?
I'm ineligible for Access so now I'm worried unimelb might also not approve my SEAS application (category 1).
If you qualify for Access Melbourne then you will also qualify for SEAS however you can be eligible for SEAS without getting access Melbourne.

I think that access Melbourne is just for financial disadvantage/rural given that’s what the text we got said, however I’m not entirely sure.

It’s possible you might get SEAS even if you don’t qualify for Access though.

ammeamme

• Adventurer
« Reply #28 on: December 18, 2018, 10:46:52 pm »
If you qualify for Access Melbourne then you will also qualify for SEAS however you can be eligible for SEAS without getting access Melbourne.

I think that access Melbourne is just for financial disadvantage/rural given that’s what the text we got said, however I’m not entirely sure.

It’s possible you might get SEAS even if you don’t qualify for Access though.

Yup you're right - that explains why I qualified for Monash Guarantee due to living in a low socio-economic area but not for Access. I called unimelb and they did say that the university grants SEAS points on a case-by-case basis, which leads me to believe that if Access excludes residence in low-socioeconomic area then perhaps unimelb refuses to grant SEAS points for that category altogether. :(

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
« Reply #29 on: December 18, 2018, 10:53:36 pm »
There’s some more info about access Melbourne here that may help. From the look of things, financial, rural, and indigenous will get you a guaranteed place (the reduced atar requirements) and the others will just give you seas points.