General Discussion > Creative Corner

Poet's Artsy Things!

(1/26) > >>

Poet:
Hey all!

So, looks like I've finally started a thread for my work! ^-^

I've been threatening to do so for about a week, so here it is. Tell me what you think. :)

I'll begin by putting up some of my works from 2017, and then put in my more recent works. I'll aim to put at least one work into my collection weekly. So, here's my first one, called 'Wings'. I did this when I first took an interest in drawing people, so the hands, face and feet aren't very detailed at all.
Not the best works by any stretch of the imagination, but they're little pieces of who I am, my thoughts and my dreams. Some have little poems with them. 'Wings' has this little one:
Spoiler"So I dance
With wings that cannot fly
Beautiful, useless wings.
But though I am grounded
Imagination soars
I will touch the stars."Sorry the image is sideways. :P

Hope you guys like them!

Poet xx

P.S. PM me anytime if you have any questions about what I'm up to art-wise. I love to talk about exhibitions and artists! 💕

*pokes Joseph41* Look, I did it, just for you.

Spoiler

Mada438:

--- Quote from: secretly_a_poet on March 18, 2018, 06:16:33 pm ---Hey all!

I've been threatening to do so for about a week, so here it is. Tell me what you think. :)

I'll begin by putting up some of my works from 2017, and then put in my more recent works. I'll aim to put at least one work into my collection weekly. So, here's my first one, called 'Wings'. I did this when I first took an interest in drawing people, so the hands, face and feet aren't very detailed at all.
Not the best works by any stretch of the imagination, but they're little pieces of who I am, my thoughts and my dreams. Some have little poems with them. 'Wings' has this little one:
Spoiler"So I dance
But though I am grounded
Imagination soars
I will touch the stars."Hope you guys like them!

Poet xx

--- End quote ---
Yessssss love it!!  ;D ;D ;D

Yertle the Turtle:

--- Quote from: secretly_a_poet on March 18, 2018, 06:16:33 pm ---Hey all!

Spoiler"So I dance
But though I am grounded
Imagination soars
I will touch the stars."Hope you guys like them!

Poet xx

P.S. PM me anytime if you have any questions about what I'm up to art-wise. I love to talk about exhibitions and artists! 💕

--- End quote ---
Great start Poet, keep it up! Really looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Poet:
So this isn't me putting up work on the forum, but I have some art news! 💕

I entered my year 12 finals from last year into an exhibition called the Creative Minds Exhibition, and I was accepted. It's my first ever public display, and we're bumping in my works on Wednesday!!! ;D ;D ;D
The exhibition itself officially opens on the 24th of March (this Saturday) at 2 pm.
I have two works, one I'm selling for $800 (a collection of skulls and bones I've decorated) and another I'm putting up for $400 (some rocks I've done designs on).
I doubt anyone will make an offer, but it's an achievement for me.
I'll try to get some photos up here at some point, but for now, I just can't wait!

I'm so excited! ;D

P.S. Love you guys, you're so encouraging and honestly the best!💕💕

Poet:
Hey lovelies!💕
I went to the opening of the art exhibition today, and it was really good. I met a couple of friends (@technodisney haha) and it was fun. The artwork is amazing!! It inspired me to put up some more of my work in here...
So, here's another one! It's a tribute to Project Semicolon that I drew a while ago. I found this a really encouraging Project, and so instead of getting a tattoo, I've drawn a picture:

Hope you like it. :)
Spoileredit: I forgot to add - I've written "your story is a work of art" for this one. Not a poem, just a little encouragement. :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version