General Discussion > Creative Corner

Bea's Films

(1/13) > >>

beatroot:
Hey!

My name is Bea. I've been making films/edits since Year 8 and eventually became the main photographer and videographer at my school during Year 11 and 12. I've done mostly films for my school but have done random edits just for the lols. Seeing that I will be studying film from 2018 to 2020, I might as well share my films during my uni years. But I will also share previous edits that I've made in the past ;D

In this thread, I'll link you guys to my films and edits. Hope you guys enjoy them! :)

LINKS: Facebook page, Instagram, Youtube Channel

films & editsArtists Anonymous - 2018 (Editor and script supervisor)
ATAR Notes NSW Lecture Team Promo - 2018 (Producer, cinematographer, editor and colourist)
Clean - 2016 (Editor)
DOGUE Lookbook 2019 Video - 2019 (Cinematographer and editor)
Donut Envy - 2016 (Dolly grip, camera operator and editor)
Ensemble Muse Concert Promo 2019 - 2019 (Editor, sound mixer)
Ida v.2 - 2018 (Cinematographer and editor)
Interview with Jamon - 2019 (Cinematographer, director, editor, colour grader, post-sound edit)
Jack - 2020 (Writer, editor, sound designer)
Just Relax! - 2018 (Co-producer, writer, director and editor)
PARACHUTE; - 2018 (Producer, writer, director, cinematographer and editor)
Memento Mori - 2018 (Writer, director and editor)
UNSW MathSoc Integration Bee 2019 Highlights Reel - 2019 (Cinematographer, editor and colourist)
VARK - 2018 (Actor, editor and second assistant camera)
What's Your Flava? 2020 - 2020 (Series Producer, Marketing)

beatroot:
Film: Donut Envy
Link: [X]
Date made: October 5, 2016 - October 7, 2016
Filmed: this other guy who was in my group
Edited: by me!

Plot: One boy becomes envy of another boy's donut.

** sorry for the terrible audio editing. It was my first time using Adobe Premiere Pro and I didn't know what I was doing half the time.

Behind the Scenes/Personal AnecdoteI took a three day course at AFTRS called 'HSC Video Intensive'. Throughout the course, we learnt how to gather film ideas, work on set and edit. Our tutor put us into groups and I was the only girl in the group of three boys. We were asked to do a film based on an emotion and the boys decided to do envy. A boy in the group was craving for a donut while we were making our storyboard so that's why we included it in the film. We created a "very convincing" office set. There we had the two boys as the actors, this other guy as the director/cameraman and I was stuck on boom and was also the clapperboard person. Took about 3 to 4 hours to film whilst editing took around 5 hours.

This film isn't the best film I've been involved in but this film had a lot of firsts. First time using a proper camera. First time filming in a studio. First time using studio lights. First time using a book mic. First time editing with premiere pro. And it was my first film course at AFTRS. This film course made me realise that I should study film. I had reassurance that this was definitely the thing I wanted to do as a job in the future. I knew I wanted to study at AFTRS for my tertiary studies.

Thanks 'Donut Envy' for being a memorable film. A year and a few months later, I finally secured my spot at AFTRS. I'm so excited to create more films in the future.

alchemy:
You're account is private, but I requested to follow...keen to see your folio  :)

sudodds:
SO KEEEEEEENNNNNN!!!!!

beatroot:
Edit: Clean
Link: [X]
Date: January 6, 2016
Edited: by me!

A visual representation of what I would like the 'Clean' music video to look like

Video credits all go to TSwift and her team :-)

SidenoteI've been a huge fan of the song 'Clean' from Taylor Swift's 1989 album. TSwift never released a video for it so I edited one instead. **This isn't a film. It's more of an edit.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version