Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:28:15 am

Author Topic: Question about VET Language  (Read 1612 times)

milky.cookies73

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Question about VET Language
« on: November 27, 2020, 04:28:20 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I've just completed the VET Applied Languages Cert II in Indonesian, and I am interested in doing VET Applied Languages Cert II in Japanese next year, but I was wondering what the total benefits I will be getting by completing the Cert II  in Japanese.

I believe that I received 3 VCE credits by completing the VET Applied Languages Cert II in Indonesian, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but will I receive another 3 by completing the Cert II  in Japanese?

My other option is to continue through with the Cert III in Indonesian, instead of doing Cert II  in Japanese, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the total credits I will get from doing the VET Applied Languages Cert II and Cert III in Indonesian?

Which option will be more beneficial? Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!  :D :D

MEH0010

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
Re: Question about VET Language
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2020, 04:28:17 pm »
Hello Everyone!

I've just completed the VET Applied Languages Cert II in Indonesian, and I am interested in doing VET Applied Languages Cert II in Japanese next year, but I was wondering what the total benefits I will be getting by completing the Cert II  in Japanese.

I believe that I received 3 VCE credits by completing the VET Applied Languages Cert II in Indonesian, and please correct me if I'm wrong, but will I receive another 3 by completing the Cert II  in Japanese?

My other option is to continue through with the Cert III in Indonesian, instead of doing Cert II  in Japanese, and I'm wondering if anyone knows what the total credits I will get from doing the VET Applied Languages Cert II and Cert III in Indonesian?

Which option will be more beneficial? Sorry for the confusion!

Thanks!  :D :D

Hi! I also did VET indonesian cert II. It contributes three units to your VCE. If you continue to cert III, you can obtain a 10% increment to your ATAR - so contributing to your bottom 2. The 10% is from your fourth subject. If you go on to do Japanese cert II, you will obtain another three units, however won't receive an increment, as cert III is required for an increment. If I was you, i would continue indo as you will get an ATAR contribution and an extra three units to your VCE. But, at the end of the day, choose the subject that interests you the most. Hope this helps. :)