Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:42:27 am

Author Topic: Music degree with 2 instruments?  (Read 7866 times)  Share 

memka

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
Music degree with 2 instruments?
« on: January 09, 2008, 06:41:03 pm »
Is it possible to complete a music degree using 2 instruments? Like maybe majoring in one, minoring in the other kind of thing?
I can't seem to find any info about it :(
2007: Psychology
2008: English, Methods, Biology, French, Music Solo        ENTER: 92.65
2009: Bachelor of Arts @ ANU

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
Re: Music degree with 2 instruments?
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2008, 07:13:21 pm »
Don't take this as gospel, but I don't think that can happen =/

As far as I know, you generally are admitted with the instrument you auditioned on. That, of course, doesn't stop you from learning another instrument independently and doing your ensemble work with said other instrument.

Again, I only did research into this in the Year 12 context - so don't take it as absolute gospel. That said, I can't think of any of my BMus friends who are doing two instruments as part of their degrees.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator

Markos

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +1
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2008, 10:09:10 pm »

As far as I know, you generally are admitted with the instrument you auditioned on. That, of course, doesn't stop you from learning another instrument independently and doing your ensemble work with said other instrument.

Again, I only did research into this in the Year 12 context - so don't take it as absolute gospel. That said, I can't think of any of my BMus friends who are doing two instruments as part of their degrees.

I'm pretty sure that's right. I THINK (not entirely sure) that you can use a second instrument to take part in ensembles as part of the ensemble requiremnt in the degree...

excal

• VN Security
  • Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Über-Geek
  • Respect: +21
« Reply #3 on: February 25, 2008, 02:40:22 am »

I'm pretty sure that's right. I THINK (not entirely sure) that you can use a second instrument to take part in ensembles as part of the ensemble requiremnt in the degree...

Whoops. Didn't realise you replied!

Yeah that, generally speaking, is the case for people who want to pursue two instruments.
excal (VCE 05/06) BBIS(IBL) GradCertSc(Statistics) MBBS(Hons) GCertClinUS -- current Master of Medicine candidate
Former Global Moderator