Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 12:45:48 am

Author Topic: Relaxing subject?  (Read 4304 times)  Share 

90+FTW

Re: Relaxing subject?
« Reply #15 on: June 24, 2015, 03:39:34 pm »
Depending on what you want to do re postgrad/employment, I know that some places, be they universities or employers, will look at your grades (0-100). The higher the better is the norm. One of my friends told me that their high grades were largely responsible for their selection for an internship (which led to employment). Food for thought.

Well, I haven't gotten ANYTHING below 90 in any subject (ridiculous amount of hard work though) so I'm trying to give myself a break, one that still allows me to maintain my high average. The last thing I want to do is some breadth that will bring me down, cause my undue stress (which is the last thing I need in my personal life at the moment) and force me to lose my mind. After all, I'm striving for the JD...
I haven't got the luxury of kicking back unlike others, if the LSAT proves to go badly for me I MUST rely on my undergraduate marks and my application statement to pull me through. *deep breath*

Everyone's suggestions have been very kind and helpful. I appreciate all your advice!
« Last Edit: June 24, 2015, 03:44:40 pm by 90+FTW »

90+FTW

Re: Relaxing subject?
« Reply #16 on: June 24, 2015, 03:50:03 pm »
+1
It actually appears on the transcript as 'Completed', instead of where it would otherwise say 'First Class Honours' or 'Pass' etc, abbreviated as CMP in the grade section (as opposed to H1 or P), and the mark column is simply left blank (where it would normally contain a number). This should make it fairly clear that it is a subject marked on a pass/fail basis and not simply 'only a pass'. Also, as I'm sure you already understand, the subject is simply ignored for the purposes of calculating a GPA and weighted average. I might also mention that the music sung in Choir 1/2 is generally classical choral works (such as music by Mozart). I highly recommend you take it up, if not just for the reduced stress it offers, but for the opportunity to actually sing some wonderful music  ;D.

Ah, thank you! Sorry, I needed the clarification :/
Well, it seems like I will DEFINITELY be doing Choir 1/2 at some point. What a relief (luckily I do love Mozart -  Lacrimosa would be nice and it's in Latin. WIN WIN)