Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:32:26 am

Author Topic: UAC Question Thread  (Read 109202 times)  Share 

PiercingDallas

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: UAC Question Thread
« Reply #120 on: June 21, 2019, 11:07:07 am »
Hey! 
Does anyone know if a school sends a SRS (school recommendation scheme) application to a university (in my case Bcom at Maq), could they decline the application or is it likely to be offered an early entry offer.

liam.berkovsky

• Adventurer
« Reply #121 on: July 21, 2019, 02:14:38 pm »
+1
Hey! 
Does anyone know if a school sends an SRS (school recommendation scheme) application to a university (in my case Bcom at Maq), could they decline the application or is it likely to be offered an early entry offer.

It depends on your marks and your school's recommendation and MQ's Final Decision.

Although Bachelor of Commerce is a U level course (Least competitive level, easiest to get into), so your chances of being accepted aren't too bad depending on your marks and teachers comments.

Hope this help :)

PiercingDallas

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #122 on: July 26, 2019, 03:03:41 am »
It does, thanks alot! :)

DrDusk

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +130
« Reply #123 on: July 26, 2019, 06:09:39 pm »
It is very likely you will get in at Maq. At my school probably about 50 people applied and everyone got in. A lot made up their application too

Jkitchen

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #124 on: November 04, 2019, 03:32:01 pm »
Hey peeps,
I'm not intending to apply through UAC (I want to study overseas), will this cause any problems for me to get my ATAR from UAC?
And how do I 'log in' to get it if I don't have a UAC account?
Thanks!

Rohit Bhat

• Adventurer
« Reply #125 on: December 24, 2019, 09:04:49 am »
Hey guys,
So I am interested in going to UTS for business and engineering.I got above the selection rank on their website despite having it as my first preference I still did not receive an offer, so how likely am I to receive an offer from UTS in the later round.

Thanks,
Rohit

lace02

• Adventurer
« Reply #126 on: December 28, 2019, 12:07:24 pm »
Hey all!

So I have received an offer to study BSc at USYD for the first round of offers this year and I have already accepted the course however now I have received an email from USYD saying I must enrol in the course. So I followed their instructions and begin to fill in the multiple forms and information to enrol however I have just reached the 'Units of Study' part of the enrolment process and am being asked to select my majors and minors. So I was wondering if it is possible to change my majors and minor later if I just select anything right now because I have no idea which majors and minors I want to take as of now.

Also I was also wondering if there are certain units that are compulsory in BSc? Perhaps in the sciences (chem/phy/bio) and in maths? Because I want like to sit the GAMSAT later and require such knowledge for the exam. I'm asking because I am considering taking an economics major/minor in the course and knowledge from study of those units will not assist in the GAMSAT exam.

Also I know that with the first round you must accept your offers in 10 days so is the time limit for enrolling with the uni also the same or is it different?

Thanks in advance!!

RuiAce

• ATAR Notes Lecturer
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • "All models are wrong, but some are useful."
  • Respect: +2575
« Reply #127 on: December 28, 2019, 12:56:34 pm »
Hey guys,
So I am interested in going to UTS for business and engineering.I got above the selection rank on their website despite having it as my first preference I still did not receive an offer, so how likely am I to receive an offer from UTS in the later round.

Thanks,
Rohit
You may want to ask UTS for more about this.

To answer the question: In general, this may be because the selection rank was higher in 2020, potentially due to higher demand. It certainly does not rule you out for getting an offer in the next round. It should be a likely scenario, but again that's best left for the UTS team to answer.

Hey all!

So I have received an offer to study BSc at USYD for the first round of offers this year and I have already accepted the course however now I have received an email from USYD saying I must enrol in the course. So I followed their instructions and begin to fill in the multiple forms and information to enrol however I have just reached the 'Units of Study' part of the enrolment process and am being asked to select my majors and minors. So I was wondering if it is possible to change my majors and minor later if I just select anything right now because I have no idea which majors and minors I want to take as of now.

Also I was also wondering if there are certain units that are compulsory in BSc? Perhaps in the sciences (chem/phy/bio) and in maths? Because I want like to sit the GAMSAT later and require such knowledge for the exam. I'm asking because I am considering taking an economics major/minor in the course and knowledge from study of those units will not assist in the GAMSAT exam.

Also I know that with the first round you must accept your offers in 10 days so is the time limit for enrolling with the uni also the same or is it different?

Thanks in advance!!
Typically the answer to this is yes. You may need to search through USyd websites on how changing majors works, or email them about it. But usually there's no problem with changing.

The handbooks should outline which units are core, and certain electives you may take. Also, whilst I fully get the convenience of learning the precursory knowledge for GAMSAT throughout your degree, keep in mind there is also the alternate of gradually self-learning the content.

Your offer must be accepted within the 10 days, but usually once you've accepted it, the enrolment can be stretched out for a longer period of time.

therese07

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +17
« Reply #128 on: January 15, 2020, 06:06:20 pm »
Hi there!

So I’m stuck in a dilemma in which I feel like there’s no win win situation. Initially, I was planning to do my first preference of international studies at UNSW and internally transfer into the international studies/law course because I did not sit the LAT. However yesterday, by sudden impulse, I decided to change my first preference to arts/law for Macquarie. Today, I got an email saying that I am eligible for an offer for arts/law as long as I keep it as one of my top preferences. Now I did some prior research and UNSW Law faculty is 3rd in Australia and 14th in the world. UNSW is my dream law school to attend, however I’m worried that even if I do get good grades, I might not even get into UNSW law, therefore, regretting my chances of not taking up arts/law at Macquarie. My main concern is that if I go to Macquarie, I will limit my chances in employment later in the future and opportunities that UNSW could have offered. I’m also worried that the university you do go to, can affect your chances of employment, especially with law rankings coming into place, with big law firms. If I do stay at UNSW and continue to do the international studies course, I don’t know how attainable getting good grades is, and if I can maintain it to get into the law course. I’ve considered UNSW Law a good faculty because of the all the connections the head of dean has stated on open day, with different law firms as well and I’m not sure if it’s the same with Macquarie. Especially with these UNSW statistics that are making me paranoid where if I don’t go to their uni, I’ve basically lost all access to a stable job in the future. Any advice is appreciated, because I don’t want to regret my decision, whatever choice I’m inclined to. Thank you!
2020: Bachelor of Arts/Bachelor of Law @ Macquarie University

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #129 on: January 15, 2020, 09:33:34 pm »
Hi there!

So I’m stuck in a dilemma in which I feel like there’s no win win situation. Initially, I was planning to do my first preference of international studies at UNSW and internally transfer into the international studies/law course because I did not sit the LAT. However yesterday, by sudden impulse, I decided to change my first preference to arts/law for Macquarie. Today, I got an email saying that I am eligible for an offer for arts/law as long as I keep it as one of my top preferences. Now I did some prior research and UNSW Law faculty is 3rd in Australia and 14th in the world. UNSW is my dream law school to attend, however I’m worried that even if I do get good grades, I might not even get into UNSW law, therefore, regretting my chances of not taking up arts/law at Macquarie. My main concern is that if I go to Macquarie, I will limit my chances in employment later in the future and opportunities that UNSW could have offered. I’m also worried that the university you do go to, can affect your chances of employment, especially with law rankings coming into place, with big law firms. If I do stay at UNSW and continue to do the international studies course, I don’t know how attainable getting good grades is, and if I can maintain it to get into the law course. I’ve considered UNSW Law a good faculty because of the all the connections the head of dean has stated on open day, with different law firms as well and I’m not sure if it’s the same with Macquarie. Especially with these UNSW statistics that are making me paranoid where if I don’t go to their uni, I’ve basically lost all access to a stable job in the future. Any advice is appreciated, because I don’t want to regret my decision, whatever choice I’m inclined to. Thank you!

Hi!

Firstly, congratulations on your acceptance to International Studies! It’s a great degree :-)

I’ve also checked out the internal program transfer for law, and in your case, you’ll have to:
a) not fail any courses, and
b) have completed your first year.

International Studies courses are honestly not that hard to pass, but I think that provided you keep up a distinction WAM, you should be good.

Also, I don’t think going to MQ would limit your chances at employment. As long as you take advantage of all opportunities that come your way, there’s no saying that you won’t get a job at X law firm. At the end of the day, both universities will award you with the same law degree. You can also transfer to MQ if you don’t think UNSW is right for you. :-)

Go with your gut with uni - you have so much time to change your mind anyways! Feel free to ask us any questions you may have!
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

sunflowah

• Adventurer
« Reply #130 on: January 17, 2020, 06:38:43 pm »
+1
 :) Hello all,

(not sure if this question is appropriate for this discussion group but)

Is there a list/document/website outlining all the early entries for different uni's? (in particular for 2020 high school graduates)
« Last Edit: January 17, 2020, 06:41:26 pm by sunflowah »

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #131 on: January 17, 2020, 06:52:58 pm »
+1
:) Hello all,

(not sure if this question is appropriate for this discussion group but)

Is there a list/document/website outlining all the early entries for different uni's? (in particular for 2020 high school graduates)

Hey sunflowah! ;D

I'm not sure if this helps, but this is the new UAC guide for all university + entry schemes, and could entail of early entry information:

https://www.uac.edu.au/assets/documents/uac-guide/uac-guide-2019-20.pdf

Hope this helps!
Coolmate 8)
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

DamnDhruv

• Adventurer
« Reply #132 on: February 06, 2020, 08:28:15 am »
Hey Guys!
I have got an offer from WSU for bachelor of engineering/bachelor of business and one from Macquarie for the bachelor of engineering/ bachelor of commerce. I originally wanted to do this course in unsw or usyd but didnt get a high enough atar. Any suggestions on which I should choose?

ThunderDragon

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +110
« Reply #133 on: July 25, 2021, 09:09:37 pm »
+2
Hey guys

Just did my UCAT today and I'm quite disappointed in my results. I got 2790 which is the 81st percentile according to 2020 data but it's highly likely that percentiles will go up and my score will probs drop to somewhere in the 70s percentiles. Is there any point in applying for Undergrad Med at UNSW and if so, does anyone know anyone who got interviews with a mid 70s percentiles UCAT score (my guess of where my score will drop to)?
2019 - Geography [41]
2020 - English, Methods, Chem, Bio and Psych [39]
2021 - 2023 Bachelor of Science at Monash

ThunderDragon's Journey to Med

Currently offering tutoring in 3/4 Psychology for 2022. PM if interested!

Barnowl

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #134 on: September 17, 2021, 05:56:52 pm »
Hi,
I am very confused. Does anyone know how we are meant to put in our course preferences without knowing our ATAR? Because if ATARs come out on the 20th Jan, and I think the deadline for changing courses that is not early entry is in October maybe, how does it work?
Sorry if this is a stupid question, I just don't understand why we would only be able to apply to courses before knowing what our ATAR will be. There is one course I would love to do but the ATAR is very high and it's very unlikely that I will get the required ATAR, is it still worth putting it as my N.1 preference? 

Thank you to anyone who replies.