Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 01:22:38 am

Author Topic: BLAA 2019: Results Announced!  (Read 7576 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
BLAA 2019: Results Announced!
« on: December 02, 2019, 10:16:08 am »
+20

Hey everybody!

Recently, voting closed for the BLAA 2019. For those who don't know, the BLAA (bangali_lok Annual Award) represents everything good about ATAR Notes. Selflessness, empathy and a willingness to help. A sense of genuine community, of trust, and of passion.

It is awarded to the member or members of the community judged - by the community - to best encapsulate those characteristics. To best encapsulate the ethos of ATAR Notes.

The award is named after long-time National Moderator, heids (previously bangali_lok). Heidi has been an integral part of ATAR Notes for a long time. She has invested hundreds and hundreds of hours into building this community, and much of how ATAR Notes is now is directly attributable to her.

In 2018, the inaugural winner was now-administrator Bri MT. Today, we release the 2019 results! Before we do, I'll just say:

ATAR Notes is, of course, more considerable than the sum of its parts. This community is only the way it is because so many - countless - members contribute, have an influence and reflect the qualities listed above. For that reason, any number of users would be worthy. And, indeed, voting reflected that. Dozens and dozens of users received votes, from dozens and dozens of voters. The top five or six users were very close in the votes. There are also users who have come extremely close both this year and last year, but who haven't been named.

Thank you to everybody who has made 2019 great so far. There's a lot more to come!

2019 RESULTS

As I mentioned, this was a very close-run thing, which is testament to the quality of community we have at the moment. Any number of posters could have ultimately won, and there were some (very exciting) lead changes throughout, particularly near the end.

But, in the end there is always one winner.

... or is there?

Spoiler
IT'S A TIE!

After very many votes, two users couldn't be split, finishing on precisely the same number of votes after the final voter had voted. Please join me in congratulating our joint winners of #BLAA2019:

laura_ and PhoenixxFire!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
Re: BLAA 2019: Results Announced!
« Reply #1 on: December 02, 2019, 10:27:15 am »
+16
🏆🏆CONGRATULATIONS LAURA_ AND PHOENIXFIRE!!!🏆🏆

Both of you have been fantastic around the forums, contributing with advice, assistance and creating a positive atmosphere. You guys are very deserving winners, I can't wait to see the forum continue to flourish from the positive impact you both have made! ;D ;D

Coolmate 8)
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 10:50:17 am by Coolmate »
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #2 on: December 02, 2019, 10:36:55 am »
+14
Woohoo! Congratulations guys!
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2019, 12:07:50 pm »
+16
CONGRATS! Definitely no surprise- this community would never be the same without you guys  ;D

EDIT:
SPEECH
« Last Edit: December 02, 2019, 12:29:07 pm by r1ckworthy »
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2019, 12:57:18 pm »
+15
Congratulations!  :D

Both very well deserved

and also great to know that so many different users received votes this year

brothanathan

« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2019, 02:31:20 pm »
+14
Outstanding commitment from you two! [insert clapping emoji]

Congratulations!

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2019, 03:44:01 pm »
+18
Well this is really cool.

Awesome to hear so many people voted and were voted for! That this is a tie really goes to show just how many people there are on AN that are willing to help others which is quite incredible.

SPEECH
I think I've done enough speeches recently hahah @laura this one is all yours :p
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #7 on: December 02, 2019, 04:45:18 pm »
+9
Congrats to both - super deserving and it's been great seeing your contributions this year <3
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #8 on: December 02, 2019, 05:14:04 pm »
+13
I think I've done enough speeches recently hahah @laura this one is all yours :p

The only two speeches I could find were 3000 posts and 2 years. Given that you're now almost 3 years an AN-er I don't think that counts as recent :P

Regardless, it's fantastic to see both pf & laura being awarded the BLAA. On one hand, you have a uni student who has been deeply contributing to bio for the past 3 years (including staying up all night the day before the exam to answer last minute questions - despite having their own exams the next day) and has gotten more involved in other areas like general discussion and journals as time has progressed. On the other hand, you have a year 10 student who despite having only made an account March 28 this year already has over a thousand posts and is just about the keenest supporter of journey journals and will gradually be able more able to get into the academic side of things as they progress.

Both amazing and truly AN-ers, neither currently working towards the ATAR. Really goes to show that despite the name, the community is about lot more than just a number.

PhoenixxFire

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Honorary Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • They/them/theirs
  • Respect: +3102
« Reply #9 on: December 02, 2019, 06:00:04 pm »
+11
The only two speeches I could find were 3000 posts and 2 years. Given that you're now almost 3 years an AN-er I don't think that counts as recent :P
If it takes me more than 10 minutes to write it counts as a speech & one long one is plenty, I don’t know enough words for more than that :p

On one hand, you have a uni student On the other hand, you have a year 10 student
Yeah this is very cool! Impact isn’t determined by age/year level/atar/scores/etc. and it’s really awesome to see that reflected in this award.
2019: B. Environment and Sustainability/B. Science @ ANU
2020: Just Vibing
2021: B. Paramedicine/B. Nursing @ ACU Canberra

ArtyDreams

• MOTM: Jan 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Fly against the wind. Not with it.
  • Respect: +599
« Reply #10 on: December 02, 2019, 06:24:50 pm »
+12
Yay Congrats Laura_ & PhoenixxFire!!

Both of your work across the forum NEVER goes unnoticed by me, and I truly appreciate all the help you have both given to me and other forum users!!

If I was to be specific,

Laura_, I LOVE seeing all the contribution you give to everyones Journals. Your kind words and support mean so much to me and so many others!! I always love reading all your comments that you leave on everyones journals, and you always brighten up my day!

PhoenixxFire - so many posts across the forum that I am so appreciative of! You are so positive and such a help, but if I was to be specific, particulalry through exam period whilst you were predicting everyones SS. You made all of us just that little bit more relieved, and I am so appreciative of the amount of time you took to help others :)

Congrats Both! Cant wait to see all your future contibutions  ;)

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #11 on: December 02, 2019, 07:55:03 pm »
+14
Wow guys! I am stunned. I think that many of the previous comments have captured exactly what makes this community so enticing, the way that it welcomes everyone, no matter what stage of their journey they're on, into a positive and friendly place that has so many different facets. A year ten winning a community award is just one example of that, as is a tie for the award, showing just how many amazing people in our community there are! I am so grateful for all of the friends thatI've made in this community and all of the people I'm sure that I'll continue to get to know better. I appreciate all of the wonderful people in this community, especially all of the banter and supportive DMs. ;D

PF, thank you so much for all you do for the community. Personally, I appreciate your positivity and presence all over the forum! Thanks again for sharing so much of yourself, your wisdom and your empathy.

And thanks so much to everyone who contributes to this community, both big and small. I can think of so many other wonderful people who totally deserve an award like this. Your contributions are certainly not unnoticed! ;D

<3 <3

TigerMum

• Trendsetter
  • Master Procrastinator
  • Respect: +86
« Reply #12 on: December 02, 2019, 09:20:40 pm »
+8
Congrats to laura_ and PhoenixxFire, very well deserved!

I don't post too often on the forum, but I just want to say that your work around the boards does not go unnoticed; I am truly grateful for the amount of assistance, support and guidance you have given me and everyone here, often indirectly when replying to someone else or in a simple comment on someone's journal. Thank you so much!   ;D