Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 12:13:44 am

Author Topic: Luna Park HSC Physics Depth Study  (Read 1489 times)  Share 

mashal hameed

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Luna Park HSC Physics Depth Study
« on: October 12, 2019, 02:36:42 pm »
Hi all,

In year 11 I had to do a depth study based on the safety/excitement of a rider at luna park and conduct an experiment that was like modelling a force on the ride at school so I did the coefficient of static friction and put a block on different fabrics and slid it down a ramp and like the lowest coefficient would be more exciting for the rider .. etc.

For my year 12 depth study it is similar however I have to conduct a practical at Luna Park, it can really be on anything physics related. I have a few ideas but I'm unsure on doing the practical at the park because there are few variables you can really change or test because you are restricted by the ride and other safety precautions.

Please let me know if you can see some obvious flaws in my ideas or any areas of improvement. Any pointers on conducting a practical and keeping is valid/accurate/reliable would also be very helpful ;)

My current ideas are:
How does the weight of the ride effect the impact / recoil on dodgem cars? - was planning on doing 3 different weights and y8 is also going with us so I could before hand find some one and use my friends and maybe bring weights (keep in locker) to do even increments of 40kg, 50kg, 50kg and if i video it there is a program to measure how far the person goes etc

How does the shape of the slide affect acceleration?? seems basic

- Mashal xx