Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 10:23:14 pm

Author Topic: rip internal marks  (Read 667 times)

hannahle22

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
rip internal marks
« on: December 20, 2019, 01:56:32 am »
I’ve just gotten my Ancient History exam back and I found that I came last out of 35 people. I knew I would get a bad result because I completely blanked out during the exam. Everyone tried to tell me that I would do well and that I was overthinking it purely because I came first in Ancient History in yr11 lmfao. I’m so disappointed in myself and I know the teachers are too. I’m also worried that my atar will be dragged down because of this. So i’m asking if it possible to get in the top 10 if i do well on the other internal tasks ???? and for tips to improve in exams especially with time management and not blanking out. 😭

thank you

sunbunbri

• Adventurer
  • 好好学习,天天向上!Study hard & you will improve!
  • Respect: +10
Re: rip internal marks
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2019, 08:29:43 am »
+3
Hey there, friend. There is no need to worry or fret, I promise you that. It’s just one exam and I assume, probably your first internal assessment for year 12. I didn’t do so well on my first internals either; overwhelmed by the weight of year 12 it was hard to focus and juggle it all. For advanced English my first internal was an 85, I graduated first in all 4units of English with my final advanced assessment getting a mark of 97. I promise there is still time to improve and that one not-so-incredible assessment is not going to ruin that for you. Also, your teachers are in no way shape or form disappointed in you. They see this every year and the detriment year 12 stress can have. Take a break over the New Years to recuperate and relax and then come back to Ancient, like all your studies, with a fresh set of eyes and a new mindset. I promise it’ll all be okay and you will get where you want to be in the end, even with these hiccups along the way. <3
HSC 2019: Adv Eng (89), Ext Eng 1 (46), Ext Eng 2 (44), Modern History (86) Society & Culture (95), Chinese Continuers (89) & Chinese Ext (43).

ATAR:   94.30

2020: Bachelor of Education (secondary) & Bachelor of Arts - English & History @ USYD