Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 07:24:02 am

Author Topic: The frames  (Read 3682 times)  Share 

dcesaona

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +24
The frames
« on: October 09, 2018, 03:39:46 pm »
If you were to get a question in Section 1 that asked you to use the structural frame, can I bring in a bit about the subjective, cultural and postmodern frame as well? For instance, I did a question that asked about Banksy's practice and I talked about his use of materials and things (structural) but then I also talked about his practice of challenging the viewer and their beliefs in their own environment, as well as the feelings and emotions evoked as a response to his practice? Is this correct or is it safer to just stick wholeheartedly to the structural frame? - I just worry that I don't have enough to talk about if I stuck just to that one frame.

2018 HSC

beatroot

• HSC LECTURER
  • Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1566
Re: The frames
« Reply #1 on: October 09, 2018, 04:32:21 pm »
+1
If you were to get a question in Section 1 that asked you to use the structural frame, can I bring in a bit about the subjective, cultural and postmodern frame as well? For instance, I did a question that asked about Banksy's practice and I talked about his use of materials and things (structural) but then I also talked about his practice of challenging the viewer and their beliefs in their own environment, as well as the feelings and emotions evoked as a response to his practice? Is this correct or is it safer to just stick wholeheartedly to the structural frame? - I just worry that I don't have enough to talk about if I stuck just to that one frame.

Hey!

It's fine to talk about the other frames if the question asks for one specific frame. Though, make sure in your response that the specific frame makes 80% of your response. Usually when they ask for a specific frame, they would ask for either the cultural or post-modern frame- very rare if they ask about the structural and subjective frame. But just familiarise yourself with all four frames just to be safe :)
Which will hold greater rule over you? Your fear or your curiosity?

Please note that I am no longer active on the forums.
If you need any assistance, please message an admin or a natmod instead.