Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:31:15 pm

Author Topic: ATAR notes phone app confusing  (Read 1406 times)  Share 

strawberriesarekewl

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
ATAR notes phone app confusing
« on: February 23, 2017, 02:08:25 pm »
I am just genuinely curious to know but who else here is getting confused using the ATAR notes phone app or is it just me? Like I have no idea how to multiquote and when I want to look at replies to my post I dont know how to do that (other than when it says in the notification section that someone quoted me and such)

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
ATAR notes phone app confusing
« Reply #1 on: February 23, 2017, 02:15:26 pm »
+1
I am just genuinely curious to know but who else here is getting confused using the ATAR notes phone app or is it just me? Like I have no idea how to multiquote and when I want to look at replies to my post I dont know how to do that (other than when it says in the notification section that someone quoted me and such)

Hey! Multiquotes aren't a feature on the phone app - You can single quote simply by tapping the post you'd like to reply to :)

Edit: Woops, sorry, this is in the new version! Tap the post, click MORE, then Multi Quote should be an option!

If you slide the toolbar to the right and go to Participated, that shows you the conversations you have participated in (by order of most recent post) - That's the place to see people who've replied to you, because they'll be at the top of that list :)

Would love to hear any other feedback you have - I've always loved the iPhone app for quick check ins with the site (which I do a lot), I think it offers a nice (but definitely simplified) way to interact with the site ;D
« Last Edit: February 23, 2017, 03:46:03 pm by jamonwindeyer »

strawberriesarekewl

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: ATAR notes phone app confusing
« Reply #2 on: February 23, 2017, 03:55:45 pm »
Hey! Multiquotes aren't a feature on the phone app - You can single quote simply by tapping the post you'd like to reply to :)

Edit: Woops, sorry, this is in the new version! Tap the post, click MORE, then Multi Quote should be an option!

If you slide the toolbar to the right and go to Participated, that shows you the conversations you have participated in (by order of most recent post) - That's the place to see people who've replied to you, because they'll be at the top of that list :)

Would love to hear any other feedback you have - I've always loved the iPhone app for quick check ins with the site (which I do a lot), I think it offers a nice (but definitely simplified) way to interact with the site ;D

Alright so now I'm on the computer and on ATAR notes on the phone

On the ATAR notes computer website there is a "show unread posts since last visit", "show new replies to your post" and "show unread HSC posts since last visit" how do I view that on the phone. I only have "unread" on the phone and it is in red

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: ATAR notes phone app confusing
« Reply #3 on: February 23, 2017, 07:23:02 pm »
Alright so now I'm on the computer and on ATAR notes on the phone

On the ATAR notes computer website there is a "show unread posts since last visit", "show new replies to your post" and "show unread HSC posts since last visit" how do I view that on the phone. I only have "unread" on the phone and it is in red

Show Unread Posts = Unread
Show New Replies = Participated
Show Unread HSC = Not on the Phone

I can understand that missing 'Show Unread HSC' could be a little frustrating, but the app is a simplified offering of the website. Normally if I want Unread HSC posts, I just use Unread and scroll through to find the threads I want to see :)