Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:20:49 am

Author Topic: i go to macrob AMA  (Read 14210 times)  Share 

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
  • Respect: +60
Re: i go to macrob AMA
« Reply #30 on: May 24, 2019, 09:11:13 am »
Yes, I was just about to ask the same question :)
Hi, do you remember what time the exam starts and what time it finishes ?
Thnx

i dont remember exactly but like im pretty sure it was 9am to noon or a bit after
taking a break.

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #31 on: May 26, 2019, 08:09:01 pm »
Hey, got any tips for revising in these last few weeks? I can't believe there are only three weeks left! What do you think I should go over and how should I do it? When you took the test did you have some kind of schedule where you did one thing on a day and then something else after?
sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #32 on: May 27, 2019, 09:44:48 am »
Hey, got any tips for revising in these last few weeks? I can't believe there are only three weeks left! What do you think I should go over and how should I do it? When you took the test did you have some kind of schedule where you did one thing on a day and then something else after?
sorry if I'm asking a lot of questions

HAHHAHAHAHA THREE WEEKS LEFT MY BROTHERS GONNA DIE. anyways go over what you have already been revising and find some practice exams or tests online on a specific topic, regardless of where the test is from. I didn't really have a schedule i tried to cover as much as possible during a set time but you should focus on maybe two or three topics a day and then do the rest of them another. ive some friends who in fct took a week off of school to study for the exam. in fact, that was everyone trying out except for me (i had to have good attendance to keep my scholarship). if you think thatll help, talk to your parents and go for it. otherwise you dont HAVE to
taking a break.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #33 on: June 07, 2019, 10:21:08 am »
HAHHAHAHAHA THREE WEEKS LEFT MY BROTHERS GONNA DIE. anyways go over what you have already been revising and find some practice exams or tests online on a specific topic, regardless of where the test is from. I didn't really have a schedule i tried to cover as much as possible during a set time but you should focus on maybe two or three topics a day and then do the rest of them another. ive some friends who in fct took a week off of school to study for the exam. in fact, that was everyone trying out except for me (i had to have good attendance to keep my scholarship). if you think thatll help, talk to your parents and go for it. otherwise you dont HAVE to

lmaooooo!! thank god we have monday off next week. tbh i suggest that maybe u take one day off school to study for the exam as this time is precious and you wont get this oppurtunity again... I'm taking off next wednesday oopsssss

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #34 on: June 07, 2019, 02:07:31 pm »
lmaooooo!! thank god we have monday off next week. tbh i suggest that maybe u take one day off school to study for the exam as this time is precious and you wont get this oppurtunity again... I'm taking off next wednesday oopsssss

do what you want but look at your situation. for example:

1. do you have a scholarship or academics at risk? my issue was is that i had a scholarship at risk if i took a few days off to study
2. will you actually do work if you do take those days off? so many people i know took days off but apparently couldn't work for half the day.

good luck to all of you and i wish you the best. if you do not get in, you can make and find your own way no matter what <3
taking a break.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #35 on: June 12, 2019, 09:40:35 am »
do what you want but look at your situation. for example:

1. do you have a scholarship or academics at risk? my issue was is that i had a scholarship at risk if i took a few days off to study
2. will you actually do work if you do take those days off? so many people i know took days off but apparently couldn't work for half the day.

good luck to all of you and i wish you the best. if you do not get in, you can make and find your own way no matter what <3

Yeah that is true. Do you have any tips for stress and how to basically not panic on the day? lowkey feel like imma have a panic attack on the day lmao

for_icarus

• Forum Regular
  • stay with me... 真夜中のドアをたたき :)
  • Respect: +2
« Reply #36 on: June 12, 2019, 09:46:25 am »
Yeah that is true. Do you have any tips for stress and how to basically not panic on the day? lowkey feel like imma have a panic attack on the day lmao
Me too, I feel like I’m going to mess it up by not keeping calm and just being too scared.
my goals
⎡Y10⎦ ✧  Methods 1/2 ⚬ Physics U2 
⎡Y11⎦ ✧ MM 3/4 ⚬ Phys 3/4 ⚬ Chem 1/2 ⚬ SM 1/2 ⚬ Eco 1/2 ⚬ Lit 1/2
⎡Y12⎦ ✧  Goal {98.00-99.95}
⎡UNI⎦ ✧  Ivy League

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #37 on: June 12, 2019, 10:31:50 am »
Me too, I feel like I’m going to mess it up by not keeping calm and just being too scared.
IKR!! Like I'd be intimidated by the thousands and thousands of people there and would loose focus on my own test ahhh im so scared already

ProbotMelbourne

• Forum Obsessive
« Reply #38 on: June 12, 2019, 05:02:00 pm »
IKR!! Like I'd be intimidated by the thousands and thousands of people there and would loose focus on my own test ahhh im so scared already
meh tbh I couldn’t care less if I don’t get in, it’s just that my parents r pressurising me lol.

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #39 on: June 13, 2019, 08:31:03 am »

my thing is is that on the day of the exam, i didnt care about getting in or not because i did so many practice exams just like the actual exam. one way i like to not panic tho, is to think of my happy place (what id like to do youkno) and control my breathing. i sometimes have panic attacks and this does help me but you will only be scared before your first exam, after everyone just calms down.
taking a break.

rakshanaraj06

• Forum Regular
« Reply #40 on: June 15, 2019, 07:56:28 am »
+1
my thing is is that on the day of the exam, i didnt care about getting in or not because i did so many practice exams just like the actual exam. one way i like to not panic tho, is to think of my happy place (what id like to do youkno) and control my breathing. i sometimes have panic attacks and this does help me but you will only be scared before your first exam, after everyone just calms down.

Yeah, that is true. I am just very desperate to get into schs and I get really nervous just thinking about what would happen if I didn't get in :((
But, anyways, good luck to everyone and I am sure you all will do amazing and get into the school you want to :))

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #41 on: June 16, 2019, 08:44:09 pm »
hey guys the exam is over!!! apparently the format's changed you poor unfortunate souls. hopefully you all get in and if you dont, you can make your own destiny. sorry for being cringe sjhjkdlksd <3
taking a break.

gasha1920

• Adventurer
« Reply #42 on: July 07, 2019, 09:11:32 pm »
Hey, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for resources to study on?

kjistsehrtot

• Trendsetter
  • pew pew. (>‿◠)
« Reply #43 on: July 09, 2019, 11:24:12 am »
Hey, I was wondering if you have any suggestions for resources to study on?

hi, i dont remember exactly what resources i said i used but heres a list (ones with asterisk is ones i havent used for selective but only for scholarships for private schools):
- james an
- year 9 and 10 maths textbooks (pearson, jacaranda, cambridge)
- reading comprehension (purple book from pearson??)
- novels* (stephen king etc.)
- random worksheets (google them, theres a crap ton and ill put some links later on)
- writing prompts* (from an)
- umat practice questions*

if theres anymore that come to mind ill let you know <3
taking a break.

gasha1920

• Adventurer
« Reply #44 on: July 20, 2019, 09:49:04 pm »
+1
hi, i dont remember exactly what resources i said i used but heres a list (ones with asterisk is ones i havent used for selective but only for scholarships for private schools):
- james an
- year 9 and 10 maths textbooks (pearson, jacaranda, cambridge)
- reading comprehension (purple book from pearson??)
- novels* (stephen king etc.)
- random worksheets (google them, theres a crap ton and ill put some links later on)
- writing prompts* (from an)
- umat practice questions*

if theres anymore that come to mind ill let you know <3

Thank you soooo much this will help alot!!!