Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:30:02 am

Author Topic: Pros and the Con: angewina_naguen's Journey Waddling Through Uni  (Read 18028 times)

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Musical Theatre Tragic And Ultimate Pun Generator
  • Respect: +1026
Re: Pros and the Con: angewina_naguen's Journey Waddling Through Uni
« Reply #30 on: February 24, 2020, 10:04:50 am »
+8
24/02/2020

Hey, everyone!

I'm currently on the train only a few stops away from the station for my first day of second year  ;D I'm in high spirits and really excited for a semester of learning to come about. I've already finished up my tutorial prep for tomorrow's ClassRom class (spent three hours analysing the CPE Bach sonata we got assigned, goodness) and the reading for Fundamentals so I'm feeling quite good overall.

My week's looking busy with rehearsals for a charity concert next Monday. We're doing Haydn's Requiem in C Minor which is quite funny considering we're doing Mozart's Requiem for Choir this sem too! The similarities between them are insane. I will also be doing a small audition for BarberSoc but will have to make a final decision on whether joining another society is a smart idea amidst everything else. There is quite a bit I've got to do this week for uni to settle in nicely too so I'm hoping to manage my time well for everything to run smoothly  :D

And finally, my first article for Honi Soit has been released! I chose to interview QUART-ED, some great friends of mine at the Con who are a string quartet of music educators. You can check it out here!

That's all for today's entry. Will catch up at the end of the week  ;D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-
Bachelor of Music (Music Education) at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #31 on: February 28, 2020, 05:17:30 pm »
+11
28/02/2020

Hey, everyone!

Week 1 of uni is over! It technically finished for me yesterday (loving the Fridays off as always) but man, has it been a ride.

To kick things off, I came in with a really positive attitude this semester and I'm hoping my energy and excitement will carry me through. I've found a lot of joy what I'm studying so far, particularly ClassRom which has been a thrill. I have David Larkin for my tutor and he's exceptional (I also am here at the Con partially because of him so to be studying his unit is quite something else). I had so much fun doing the tutorial preparation questions and even managed to finish a few of the further readings recommended too. My education subject is also shaping up to be a good time; I was a bit apprehensive by the great emphasis there seems to be on the set readings, especially since my education units last year were very hands-on, but they're proving to generate some really interesting class discussions about pedagogy and the nature of teaching and learning. I'm not too keen on Harmony and AP already because the content we covered was a bit intense for first week back so I'm determined to work a little harder in them.

Now here's where things get a little more interesting. To my greatest shock, my ex is in my East Asian music class this semester. The class size is under 30 so it was not hard to spot him. I felt my stomach drop seeing him and was really not looking forward to doing the class. I spent the first half of the tutorial honestly contemplating dropping the subject for another. However, I decided that I've moved well on and shouldn't have to give up studying a subject I want to do just because of him so I'll be staying in it. I also have my friend with me in the class who made a good effort to cheer me up so I'm going to stick it through and smash the unit. I'm not letting this little spanner in the works ruin my motivation to do well this year  :)

And finally, I'm potentially singing tenor this semester! There seems to be a shortage this year in choir and I've volunteered to try it out  ;D My voice actually sits in a tenor range quite nicely too; the only challenge I've found so far is sight reading the music which is written in the same clef as the alto part and then having to mentally translate it an octave lower. I'll keep everyone posted on whether I end up staying here (if there are more tenors joining, I'll move back to alto)!

That's all for this week. Hope everyone has a great weekend  :D

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2020, 08:50:55 am »
+10
04/03/2020

Hey, everyone!

Bit of an earlier update than I had planned but just wanted to check in since I've had an eventful few days  :D The charity concert was a success; I was so surprised at the turn out considering all the COVID-19 fears and the fact that it was on a Monday night but it was really heartwarming to see a good crowd show up  :D Since I already miss rehearsing and singing, I also decided to join Barbersoc this semester which will be a once a week commitment. I'll be singing Alto 2 (female bass) in the SSAA choir which is really exciting because I can finally put my insanely low range to good use  ;D

Keeping up to date with uni work has already proven to be a bit tricky but now that I don't have choir anymore, I can use my Thursdays and Saturdays to get work finished  :) I'm hoping things will settle over the next week and that I can get on top of things before assessments swoop in like bin chickens and steal what's left of my time  ::) Keen to see how things unfold and will check in with another entry soon.

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: March 04, 2020, 02:34:27 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #33 on: March 11, 2020, 10:01:37 am »
+9
11/03/2020

Hey, everyone!

Here's a mid-week update as I'm on the train to uni. I've had a crazy start to the week but I think it's worth sharing what happened over the last two days in particular because I've learnt something really important from it.

I woke up Monday morning with a soaring fever and felt absolutely terrible. It had come out of nowhere, though I suspect my sister's flu must've passed on to me some time in the previous week, but I had never experienced such a bad one. Within an hour, it was completely gone and I was making my way up to uni fine. I got through my two classes for the day feeling okay and had thought little of what happened in the morning; it was almost as if it had never happened at all.

It wasn't until I was heading back to Circular Quay station that things went south. I was heading towards the gates of the station when I suddenly began to lose consciousness and almost completely collapsed to the ground. I tried calling out to people around me for help but either I wasn't calling loud enough or nobody came to help me at all. I was luckily able to get myself to a nearby seat and had a drink of water before giving Oliver a ring to come grab me. I was literally just sitting there on the bench for about twenty minutes fanning myself because my temperature was rising and I needed to remain awake.

Eventually, Oliver found me, got me on the train and home safe. I got changed into lighter clothes and basically was knocked out for a solid five hours at home. On top of all of this happening, my whole family has been in and out of the restroom with stomach problems so we reckon it's probably food poisoning of some kind that's managed to affect all of us.

As for what happened yesterday, I took the whole day off to recover. I missed out on four classes and my acapella society rehearsal but will be making steady attempts over the next few days as I regain health to catch up. For those who don't know, I reallyyyy hate being away and to have to miss out on my busiest day of the week (of which three out of the four classes have participation marks) was a total living nightmare for me.

However, I've learnt something really valuable from all of this and it's that pushing myself beyond my personal limits is only going to result in catastrophe. I am always someone who works above and beyond and I think I've always been afraid to admit if I'm exhausted, burn out or stressed. I saw my doctor yesterday and after he prescribed me medicine and wrote up my certificates with uni, he looked me in the eye and said "please take care of yourself, in every way." I've heard this from a lot of people but I also am aware of how quickly dismiss it because of how well I think I know my limits. This was all bound to happen at some point; the food poisoning, weather changing and overall situation just pushed it into full gear.

I hope this entry can be a reminder for myself of the consequences of not taking time off when needed, of overestimating my abilities to manage multiple commitments and to always prioritise getting rest during hectic periods of my life. With major assessments coming up in the next two weeks, I'm really going to have to pace myself well and come to terms with the fact that I shouldn't always be pushing myself, and that's okay.

That's all for today. Hope everyone has a great week!

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: March 11, 2020, 12:27:22 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
« Reply #34 on: March 11, 2020, 06:18:36 pm »
+2
Ollie told me you were sick on Monday but I didn't realise it was that bad!! Hope you feel heaps better soon!
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #35 on: March 11, 2020, 11:04:09 pm »
+2
Ollie told me you were sick on Monday but I didn't realise it was that bad!! Hope you feel heaps better soon!

You're too cute  ;D I'm feeling much better now but will definitely keep taking things easy over the rest of the week to make sure I recover well  :)
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #36 on: March 18, 2020, 04:13:22 pm »
+10
18/03/2020

Hey, everyone!

Instead of being on a train home from uni right now, I'm instead writing this entry from home. The COVID-19 situation has resulted in some interesting changes and repercussions for the rest of my semester (and year more broadly) which I'll summarise here.

Firstly, USYD is officially no longer holding face-to-face classes on campus. The Con has already transitioned to online classes for all our subjects so I actually didn't come into uni today and won't be going for an indefinite amount of time. For some subjects like Harmony and Analysis, this shift doesn't really change much but for others like Fundamentals of Teaching which is built on group work, it will be a challenge to facilitate a lot of the activities we usually do and have been taking for granted. I'm curious to see how this will all play out (especially Choir; apparently Liz has big plans so I'm trusting in her!) but I can already see there being lots of issues arising from the nature of all of this.

A few of the things I had planned both short term and long term have also been cancelled. I had a gig this Saturday that's now been postponed, my AKC registration has been refunded (no Kodaly this year  :( ), my Barbersoc rehearsals have been called off indefinitely and, while I haven't heard confirmed news, it's looking like Bali is out of the picture too. I'm more disappointed about these events being cancelled than I'm letting on but I also know it's for the betterment of public health and to keep myself, as well as others, safe during these times.

All of this aside, I am hoping to keep spirits up and to work hard  :) I will continue tutoring with TS as usual, tuning into my classes for uni at the scheduled times and hopefully enjoying more time for myself at home now that I don't have to travel to and from uni anymore for a while. I'm keen to upload a ukulele cover sometime this week too which I'll link in my next entry and will be writing lots for the newspaper, like I have for this recent edition here . While life is strange and uncertain, I think it's always important to remind ourselves of what is stable and that, for me, is my optimism for everything I do  :) Hope everyone is having a good week, staying safe and will keep you all posted with more fun things in this space soon!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #37 on: March 25, 2020, 12:04:06 am »
+8
24/03/2020

Hey, everyone!

Late night post but felt it was fitting before I head to bed to announce that I had just overcome possibly one of the biggest assessment hurdles of the semester  ;D From Friday until just about two hours ago, I had three assessment tasks due one right after the other, alongside my regular ongoing assessments for Aural Perception and Harmony, to submit. With the new situation adding an unexpected extra amount of work on top of all of this, I almost thought I was going to have to, for the first time ever, hand in an assignment late. To some, it might not be the end of the world but for me, it means everything to be on time. I'm just really glad I made it through and can finally have some lighter work this week (except not really with about seven of my students' papers still to mark and a lot of homework to video and send off to my lecturers)  :)

I've found being motivated to study, or at least focused enough on the task at hand, at home a lot harder than I thought it would be. During one of my Zoom tutorials, I was alternating between the lesson and an article I decided last minute to add to my assignment but if I was at the Con, I definitely would've been entirely attentive to the work. I think the temptation of being able to do something potentially more productive (whether or not it actually is depends entirely on circumstance) is what's really going to prove a challenge. My sister and I also share a room and now that she's home too, I'm having to do my online lessons in the room with slightly worse Internet. All of this aside, I'm interested to see how I'll navigate these obstacles over the foreseeable future and hopefully integrate more things I've been wanting to do like exercising, learning more of the bodhran and getting some reading that's NOT a prescribed text in  8) I even managed to find a bit of down time today before the final grind for my assignment to upload an overdue uke cover so expect lots of entertainment from me soon  :)

Hope everyone's staying safe and finding fun things to do amidst everything! Will check in with another update soon  :D

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #38 on: April 02, 2020, 01:54:15 pm »
+10
02/04/2020

Hey, everyone!

I feel like the first thing I need to say straight off the bat is that I officially hate online learning. Uni has never been more of a challenge than now. I had a mid-sem test on Monday which was so stressful to complete online because there was no reading/listening time and I only had a minute to check my answers (of which 30 seconds was spent just scrolling through everything). I have particularly found Aural Perception a pain to do online because I would much rather just be in class, sing the homework wrongly but get it over and done with, than spend almost two hours like I did this week re-recording the excerpts until I was satisfied with them. I thought this would be a benefit because it meant I could really practise it but it ended up making me lose my voice for the rest of the day and just feeling exhausted overall. The whole zoning out of tutorials more frequently problem is still a problem and I've even been getting distracted in ClassRom which is arguably my favourite subject right now. Basically, studying music and education from my laptop is incredibly flawed and I'm getting more concerned by the day at how much longer this might have to be the norm. It hasn't stopped me from doing my best (I got HD's for both ClassRom, Fundamentals of Teaching and am on a HD average for Harmony atm ;D ) but it's certainly become harder and more draining to achieve these results with everything else going on in the background.

How I've been managing to cope with it beyond maintaining a rigid schedule for myself is taking time to meditate before bed each night. I think it's been really grounding reminding myself of how, despite the insaneness of all of this, fortunate I am to have a roof above my head, Internet that cooperates when it needs to, a supportive family that are willing to give me an hour of total silence if I ask for it just to record homework for university. It's kept me in a good headspace at the end of the day and I think it's something anyone who is struggling with the whole COVID-19 situation should try  :)

On a totally different note, I posted another uke cover this week but instead of just sharing it on Instagram, I also posted it on my Facebook. This was a really big move for me because I have a few family members overseas who still aren't really supportive of my career choices and have largely been the reason why I have avoided posting more of my creative projects on the platform. I was really surprised by the overwhelming amount of compliments and praise I got in the comments which I think gave me the confidence booster I needed to consider doing more of it. I'm currently working on two new songs as we speak  ;D

I look forward to posting again next week hopefully with a lighter start but until then, hope everyone has an amazing week :D

Toodles,

Angelina
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #39 on: April 10, 2020, 12:31:15 pm »
+11
10/04/2020

Hey, everyone!

Fun times up ahead! With the long weekend coming up AND mid-semester break next week, I'm hoping to have some time to rest and recover before things kick back into gear. I'll also be officially back on the forums! I was taking some self-care leave over the past few weeks (which is why I've been a little slow on the English boards responding and moderating) to just focus on the rest of the things I have going on in my life and it's helped me find my footing amidst this whole situation. I got news today that my AMEB exam is officially postponed until further notice which totally sucks but also means more time to rehearse and perfect my program. Now that I've also finished the Poetry text guide (shoutout to Lauren for being so supportive and flexible with me in the project), I have an exciting English Standard lecture to prepare coming up and some catchup marking for my students. Basically, I'll be busy but I'll also be less hammered  :)

I found some time yesterday to have a play around with my bodhran which has been fun! It's so much harder than it looks and it took me a solid half an hour just to hold the stick properly. I'm keen to really make some progress with it though and hopefully to start playing along to some tunes over the next few months  ;D

Beyond all of this, I just wanted to express my gratitude towards this forum space. I've been on the forums for good amount of time now but I always find new things to love about the community. I'm pumped to keep contributing and look forward to seeing more lovely posts from you all as we navigate through these challenging times together. I would really like for this journal to be more interactive so if you have any questions about me, anything I've got going on or about how I'm finding studying in particular, feel free to reply to this thread  :D I'd love to discuss more!

That's all for my update today. Hope you all have an amazing Easter break!

Toodles,

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: April 10, 2020, 12:33:34 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #40 on: April 17, 2020, 12:11:14 pm »
+8
17/04/2020

Hey, everyone!

I've come to my last day of my mid-sem break and feel two things. Firstly, I have been incredibly unproductive and secondly, that I am okay with that. One big thing that really affected my morale in first year was this constant feeling of guilt that I wasn't as motivated, as organised, as put together as I was in my HSC. Instead of getting assignments done a week before, I was starting them a week before they were due. Instead of having good rest and sleep, my sleep schedule was totally out of whack. Instead of just overall being productive, I felt like university was paradoxically both draining the life out of me but also that I was never doing enough. I really made an effort this year so far to take babysteps with studying and managing all the other crazy commitments I've got going on. Since  this break was meant to be my first week of AKC training which has now been cancelled for the year, I decided to take a proper week off to invest a lot of time in my assignment and to rediscover some of my other passions.

I've made lots of progress with the bodhran! It's still taking some time to get used to but I recorded my part for the Irish Music Ensemble piece we've been working on as a social distancing project. I'm still struggling to sustain rhythms over longer periods but am finding it easier as I keep practising. I'm excited to see the final collab come together  ;D

I also pitched in with my boyfriend to get Disney+ which was probably the best decision I've made in a long time. Oliver has Netflix with his family that we use to watch some shows together but I personally watch a lot of animation shows and films so this was an investment that I've really been holding off for a while. It's already paid off so much though  :D My sister and I made time to watch the first season of Amphibia, I have finally caught up with Ducktales and am now working through Legend of the Three Caballeros and Big City Greens. It's been so much fun rewatching parts of Gravity Falls and while I could go on about all of this, I think I'll do a dedicated post to my love for cartoons another time.

As for what's coming up with uni, I have lots to do and catch up on. I really need to get started on this fugue assignment which is worth a good amount of my harmony mark. I also need to record four videos for choir which is going to be a nightmare (one video usually takes me half an hour to record and another half an hour to upload). My biggest task first though is that I have a presentation on Tuesday with a script that needs finishing but the slides are looking amazing  8)

Overall, I feel incredibly refreshed and pumped for the rest of semester! I'm really glad I took this break as a chance to just embrace other parts of my life and personality. It also made me more grateful that I have been fortunate enough to have all these options available to me during quarantine. I know some people out there who are struggling with this situation and while I've spent a good amount of time complaining about how much I despise online learning, I'm recognising more how I am ultimately in a better position than a lot of people and that should make each day count.

That's all for today's update. Have a great weekend, all  ;D

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: April 17, 2020, 12:12:56 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #41 on: April 28, 2020, 01:58:49 pm »
+7
28/04/2020

Hey, everyone!

Currently listening to a lecture recording as I'm typing this entry up  :) I usually try to keep my attention fully focused when I'm doing university work but this lecture has more listening examples, rather than new content.

Online learning is starting to become more exhausting by the week. I've been keeping my spirits up the best I can but it really does drain the life out of you. I've been trying to identify the key reasons why I'm feeling so down about everything and thought I'd share it here. Firstly, having to submit work in some shape or form every day has made it difficult for me to find down time and to do practice questions or extra study because I'm spending that time instead perfecting and uploading a 2 minute recording. I also think my mark for the latest Harmony assignment has taken a bit of a hit on my motivation for the subject, only barely passing it. I completely misinterpreted the task and it took a big blow to my current grade average. The last major thing was the recent education assessment I handed in.  I almost couldn't believe that the task was 40% for two lesson plans, rationales and a marking rubric. I've submitted lesson plans before as part of assessments but to have them actually being the assessment was really challenging. I was so indecisive about which cohort to choose, what lesson to deliver and was constantly second-guessing myself. I eventually just handed it in once I felt like it was complete and I had proofread it through because it was stressing me out.

Despite all of this, I'm well aware that it's also just that point in the semester for me. It was around this time in my first year that I was just done with uni work and getting by bit by bit. I'm really excited for Special Projects Week next week because I've been waiting for a chance to make more music and relax. I also hope it'll provide me a chance to catch up on my notes for a few of my subjects and to get ahead with others  :D

Another thing that I've been facing is a big case of writer's block, in part because of my editor. I haven't proposed any new pitches to Honi Soit since my last article. Before its publication, I faced some of the harshest criticism I've ever received for it. My editor basically had me rewrite the entire first draft and while it ended up with a much better final product, some of the things he wrote stuck with me and brought my entire mood down for that week (and still affects me now in complete honesty). Since then, I haven't had the courage to write anything new. I've dumped every pitch I've brainstormed and it's been eating away at all this confidence I thought I had in my writing.

The whole situation has made me more grateful that I've had a good foundation with a supportive writing community as a student and been given the space to freely explore my ideas. I have always been careful with my expression when delivering feedback to my own students because I couldn't imagine making them ever feel this way about their work. I'm sure he didn't mean for it to come across in a mean way but it's definitely left a sour taste. I tried just forgetting about it but every time I've come close to submitting a pitch, I've deleted it because of this incident. I hope to have a chat with him about it some time this week so I can move past this and hopefully have another article up soon  :)

That's all for this week! Hope it wasn't such a dampening read but I'm doing my absolute best to look up from here  :D I look forward to checking in next week with more positive news  ;D

Angelina  ;D

« Last Edit: April 28, 2020, 02:00:57 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #42 on: May 05, 2020, 04:36:09 pm »
+6
05/05/2020

Hey, everyone!

Second day of Special Projects Week and I'm feeling really refreshed! I've finished my lesson slides for this coming week for TS, completed my Harmony assignment that's due next week and am working towards an informal assessment for Monday  8) Having this week to recollect and focus on revising for some of my practical subjects like Choir and Aural Perception has already proven helpful!

I'm also really glad the Con is still running things during this week despite nothing being on campus. I'm attending a How to Run a Schools Musical webinar tomorrow and the Musicology Graduate Symposium on Friday over Zoom. I've definitely missed seeing people from my uni so this is going to be a great chance to see what people have been up to during quarantine and learning something new along the way  ;D

I'm aiming to continue getting back on track after a bit of a slump last week with motivation and to get lots of music-making in before I'm back to it next week for the remainder of the semester. Keen to also start a new show on Disney+ (maybe binge watch a whole season if I'm feeling up to it) so I'll provide my reviews here. Hope you've all had an awesome start to the week yourselves and will update some time on the weekend on my progress!

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #43 on: May 12, 2020, 11:26:31 am »
+11
12/05/2020

Hey, everyone!

I didn't end up updating on the weekend because I got super into research for my major essay coming up at the end of this semester! Although I did major works in my HSC that had way higher word counts to work with, I've never written a 3000 word essay before and doing it within two months seems almost like an impossible task right now. I'm hoping that starting early will pay off long term!

This week back at uni has been quite well! I think my tutors are starting to pick on me a lot more since I seem to be one of the only eager people left in the classes I'm doing (everyone looks visibly drained out and/or have admitted honestly to not being as on top of their tutorial preparation as they should be). I managed to get my presentation for Fundies finished early so while I was shook for being picked on first, it was nice hearing my lecturer comment on how prepared I was and that I had set the standard high for the class. I feel a lot more recognised for the work I'm putting in for uni work this semester and it's keeping me motivated to continue  :D

Yesterday, I spent four hours going through the Prelude and Act I of Wagner's Tristan und Isolde to analyse it, read further into academic writings on it and completed the prep questions until the later hours of the night. A lot of my friends have been confused about why I would spend so much of my time investing into tutorial prep and I feel like it's enough for me to say it's literally because I enjoy doing it  :) While it might seem a bit excessive, I've really loved ClassRom as a subject this semester. I don't see the prep as a requirement, but as guiding points for understanding the set works and exploring their musical significance further. It's helped make my notes more extensive and studying something fun again! I also think my lecturer can see this so he's picked on me for some of the trickier questions each week (this morning, he called on me five times). I owe a great deal to this subject and am definitely going to give it a top review here on the forums at the end of the semester  ;D

I also had the courage to finally raise my feelings about the way my article was received by Honi Soit and my editor was really apologetic in how the tone of the feedback must have been interpreted from my end. My latest pitch has been approved for first week back next semester so I'll be working hard on it alongside getting everything else done for the rest of uni  ;D I'm glad they took my feedback seriously and hopefully this will lead to a more encouraging vibe from the newspaper society overall.

That's all for today's update! Hope you all have an amazing week  :D

Angelina  ;D
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-

angewina_naguen

• HSC Lecturer
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #44 on: May 19, 2020, 01:44:51 pm »
+10
19/05/2020

Hey, everyone!

Hope your week has started off well  :D This is my second last week of semester before STUVAC and then finals! A lot of us are feeling drained at this stage. In my tute this morning, we only had 10 people compared to the actual class size of 24 so the end-of-sem blues really are starting to kick in. I'm also hyper-aware of the immense amount of assessments I have coming up in tandem with my weekly homework to complete. My major assessments for the remainder of this semester are as follows:

Final Assesments
- Harmony and Analysis 3: Chorale harmonisation assignment, final exam.
- Aural Perception 2: Final exam.
- Fundamentals of Teaching: Online learning resource assignment.
- Choir 3: Choir warm-ups rehearsal plan assignment.
- Music of the Classical and Romantic Eras: Major essay, final exam.
- Understanding East Asian: Major essay.

Of these, the biggest challenges will be the major essays for ClassRom and East Asian (5000 words in total!) and the final exams for AP2 and Harmony 3  :-\ I hope this week, I can get through my homework quick so I can get as much done ahead of the busy assessment period as possible.

I thought as an additional fun thing to do in this journal would be to share a slice of all the delicious music I listen to! Although I'm a classical music student at the Con, my music taste is insanely extensive  :D I wasn't sure whether I should start a whole thread in the Music child board here on the forums but I'm more than happy for my journal to become a space to share some great tunes as well! Today's featured artist is in love with a ghost. I listened to a lot of playlists that had artists like in love with a ghost in my HSC as background study music. They have some of the most idiosyncratic titles and very chill vibes. I would highly recommend this playlist which has some of their most well-known songs!

Before I finish this entry, I want to give a huge shoutout to blasonduo for running Werewolf again in the Forum Games and Chat section  ;D It's been a nice side activity in this otherwise intense period with uni. Although I was lynched in Day 2, it has been heaps of fun playing and now spectating as a ghost poet  ;) I'm hoping the NSW forum users can have a meet up soon once restrictions are lifted here so we can all hang out again soon!

That's all for today. Have an awesome week, all!

Angelina  ;D
« Last Edit: May 19, 2020, 01:46:41 pm by angewina_naguen »
-HSC 2018-

-ATAR-

-UNI 2019-2022-