Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 06:47:57 am

Author Topic: Struggling With Year 11 English  (Read 318 times)  Share 

smr23

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Struggling With Year 11 English
« on: June 05, 2020, 09:55:28 pm »
Hi all,

I'm really struggling with year 11 english and worrying about my marks in the future. English has always been my worst subject and I'm usually getting a C-D grade for each of my SACs and past scores, all of my other subjects I maintain very high marks. I have difficulty even reading a book, my mind wanders every time and I just cant concentrate on the book properly or wrap my head around the plot usually. My teacher has told me to try listen to e-books at the same time but that doesn't work for me.

I also struggle to ask my teacher for help and end up having terrible panic attacks which makes me unable to focus in class and extremely anxious ,  or to do the work. I usually get distracted a lot too  :(

I have a loss of motivation in doing the set work, and usually get very behind. I have a SAC on Macbeth soon which I haven't studied for or done any of the work in class.

Just thinking about my bad grades makes me upset and about how I will keep getting them in the future which makes me worry about it more

I usually learn best from visual explanations or videos. Is there any resources that may help me out ?

I appreciate the help :)