Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:21:56 am

Author Topic: should i do viet for yr11 and potentially 12 ??  (Read 4442 times)  Share 

crazynam101

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
should i do viet for yr11 and potentially 12 ??
« on: August 06, 2019, 10:16:44 pm »
hey, I've done Vietnamese outside of school in years 1-9. my reading and writing are ok, not good not bad although I am better at reading. I think I can talk relatively well as I speak to my family and friends in Vietnamese. do you think I should do Vietnamese as a second language even though I haven't been trying outside of school? is vce Vietnamese hard? (my school offers vietnamese as a second language and first language; im doing it as a second language)

ashmi

• MOTM: June 20
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Living an illusion
  • Respect: +660
Re: should i do viet for yr11 and potentially 12 ??
« Reply #1 on: August 06, 2019, 10:26:34 pm »
+3
hey, I've done Vietnamese outside of school in years 1-9. my reading and writing are ok, not good not bad although I am better at reading. I think I can talk relatively well as I speak to my family and friends in Vietnamese. do you think I should do Vietnamese as a second language even though I haven't been trying outside of school? is vce Vietnamese hard? (my school offers vietnamese as a second language and first language; im doing it as a second language)

Have a go at it! You can always change if you don't like it or find the subject too demanding to deal with. It's better to give it a try than to regret not trying ;D. VCE languages can vary in difficulty, however, I recommend you check out the study design for Vietnamese second language so you have an idea on what you will learn if you haven't yet. I would try doing it in school and you still have plenty of time till Year 12 to make a decision if you want to pursue it as a unit 3/4. You never really know how you are going to go till you try out the subject. :D

crazynam101

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: August 07, 2019, 10:47:52 pm »
thanks ! while I'm on the topic of subjects, do you think there is anything specific I need to know to be able to do methods and chemistry next year? are there any major things that I should I know this year?

moonchild

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: +29
« Reply #3 on: September 11, 2019, 11:31:01 pm »
+2

Hi! I'm currently doing viet sl 1/2 this year and was in a similar position to you last year. I think you should do it if you feel like you are capable, I also recommend speaking to your current viet teacher as they can help guide you and help you improve in reading, writing and speaking during class. Personally, viet sl isn't too difficult but it does involve quite a bit of writing and comprehension work (as in listening and answering questions - similar to the things you do in year 10, especially in the work books). Other than that, I think give it a go and try your best this year!
« Last Edit: April 25, 2020, 01:53:13 pm by moonchild »

crazynam101

• Adventurer
« Reply #4 on: October 30, 2019, 01:52:28 pm »
do you go to vietschool outside of school ?