Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 05:44:45 am

Author Topic: Less than 25 study score for Methods  (Read 2866 times)  Share 

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Less than 25 study score for Methods
« on: November 22, 2021, 06:28:20 pm »
Hi! If I get less than 25 in Methods, is there any way I can still get into or move into a course which has that score as a prereq?

Thank you!
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Snow Leopard

• MOTM: SEP 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +196
Re: Less than 25 study score for Methods
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2021, 08:52:58 pm »
+3
Hi,
I personally don't know, but you can try contacting the uni's for the most accurate info or even VTAC: +613 9926 1020 (Available 9:30am-5pm Melbourne time, Monday to Friday)

After you get your results if you don't get the required pre-reqs you can also contact the Post Results and ATAT service (PRAS):
7am – 5pm Thursday 16 December
9am – 5pm Friday 17 December
10am - 4pm Saturday 18 December
10am - 4pm Sunday 19 December
9am – 5pm Monday 20 December

(03) 9637 3877 (metropolitan callers)
1800 653 080 (free call)
You can email PRAS ([email protected]) between 16 December and 20 December and responses will be provided during the opening hours.
« Last Edit: November 22, 2021, 09:10:23 pm by Snow Leopard »

AngelWings

• Victorian Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: Less than 25 study score for Methods
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2021, 05:18:42 pm »
+3
Hi! If I get less than 25 in Methods, is there any way I can still get into or move into a course which has that score as a prereq?

Thank you!
Snow Leopard has already given a great response, but I thought I’d add in my two cents.

Normally (especially pre-COVID), institutes used to have a relatively hard rule on the 25+raw SS or you wouldn’t get in, unless you had extreme circumstances like a tonne of SEAS backing you up and you were very close e.g. got a 24 raw. These days, I’m not so sure, so you’ll need to do your research.

The other ways you can get in include:
- get into a similar course without the prereq and transfer into the desired course (some places will ask you to take an equivalent unit, so please check with interested institutes) - preferably transfer courses within the same uni, as internal transfers generally fair better than external transfers.
- take a Methods bridging course (where available) and subsequently get into the desired course after passing.
- take the desired course at a postgrad level instead and study an undergrad that doesn’t have the prereq and will fulfil the entry requirements for the postgrad course.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread