Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 03:24:33 pm

Author Topic: misconsiption of social life at unis  (Read 1004 times)  Share 

disone

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
misconsiption of social life at unis
« on: September 23, 2019, 02:01:01 pm »
hey everyone, i want to go to a good uni that also has a all round good social life i know it may seem a bit cliche but i want to be enjoy the environment that i study in. what i have heard recently is that Uom and monash dont have much of  a social life at there students are generally not cared for?
anyone who could comment on this or submit their opinion on unis that do have a good social life would be great?
thanks guys

hums_student

• MOTM: SEP 18
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +520
Re: misconsiption of social life at unis
« Reply #1 on: September 23, 2019, 02:49:13 pm »
+2
I can only speak from personal experience for UoM but the community here is amazing. If you join the major clubs, then your social life is pretty much taken care of for the rest of the year. To be frank, a lot of people find the atmosphere to be *too social*. Can't speak for Monash, though from what I've seen their clubs are pretty lit too (just check out MCCC).

From what I hear, most universities have a pretty vibrant social atmosphere as long as you're willing to put yourself out there to participate in things.
2019-21: Bachelor of Arts (Politics & Int'l Relations / Economics)

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: misconsiption of social life at unis
« Reply #2 on: September 23, 2019, 03:12:06 pm »
+4
hey everyone, i want to go to a good uni that also has a all round good social life i know it may seem a bit cliche but i want to be enjoy the environment that i study in. what i have heard recently is that Uom and monash dont have much of  a social life at there students are generally not cared for?
anyone who could comment on this or submit their opinion on unis that do have a good social life would be great?
thanks guys
You can have as much or as little of a social life as you want at university (regardless of whether it is Monash, melbourne, deakin, RMIT etc).

It is really up to you on whether you take up the opportunities available to you and seek clubs/events that are appealing to you because you will have an overload of chances to have a strong social life.