Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:05:09 pm

Author Topic: literally FAILING methods  (Read 1766 times)  Share 

sillybilly123

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
literally FAILING methods
« on: May 18, 2019, 04:09:53 pm »
hello,
so we recently got our first methods sac back which i literally failed and got 38% for.
apparently the average was around 50% and i know people who just passed with 40% (because the pass mark at our school is 40%, i dont know if thats the case for all schools).
this means that my unit 3 grade is a UG, as this is the only sac for unit 3 that we have.
my teacher said she will give me another test just so i can get an S on the unit but im really stressed out that my unit 3 grade is a UG and that i cannot do anything about it.
does anyone know if there's anyway that my chort/exam can help me get that score to at least a D as obviously failing a sac already ranks me really low in the cohort.
hoping someone can help a stressed out child over here hahaha

S_R_K

• MOTM: Feb '21
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +58
Re: literally FAILING methods
« Reply #1 on: May 18, 2019, 07:41:24 pm »
+1
hello,
so we recently got our first methods sac back which i literally failed and got 38% for.
apparently the average was around 50% and i know people who just passed with 40% (because the pass mark at our school is 40%, i dont know if thats the case for all schools).
this means that my unit 3 grade is a UG, as this is the only sac for unit 3 that we have.
my teacher said she will give me another test just so i can get an S on the unit but im really stressed out that my unit 3 grade is a UG and that i cannot do anything about it.
does anyone know if there's anyway that my chort/exam can help me get that score to at least a D as obviously failing a sac already ranks me really low in the cohort.
hoping someone can help a stressed out child over here hahaha

SAC marks are moderated by exam results. What matters is your SAC ranking, not your percentage.

dashnog

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +2
Re: literally FAILING methods
« Reply #2 on: May 19, 2019, 02:48:27 am »
You can of course improve this. As you said, this is your first SAC. Plus, the class' average wasn't all that high anyway, so probably 1/3 of the class failed. Take the redemption SAC, make sure you get that S and learn from your mistakes for future SACs and the exam. There's no point fretting over what's already been done. Keep going.
Bachelor of Biomedical Science (Scholar's Program) at Monash (2021-2023)

ATAR: 94.XX
2019: VCE Biology & VCE Psychology
2020: VCE Extended Investigation, Chemistry, Music Performance, Methods, Literature