Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 08:59:44 am

Poll

What should I do (read below)?

Focus on your 10 units
5 (83.3%)
Study for modern too
1 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 6

Author Topic: Help please!  (Read 582 times)

emilyyyyyyy

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: 0
Help please!
« on: September 26, 2019, 11:09:47 am »
So I'm doing 12 units, but I'm really struggling w modern history and haven't studied all year for it, and i don't think i'll be able to do well now. Should I just focus on my 10 units (bc there's subjects like maths and eco that I'm going to need to dedicate more time to), or should I still try for modern history? Thanks!

meerae

• MOTM: JAN 19
  • Trendsetter
  • wack.
  • Respect: +86
Re: Help please!
« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2019, 01:31:55 pm »
So I'm doing 12 units, but I'm really struggling w modern history and haven't studied all year for it, and i don't think i'll be able to do well now. Should I just focus on my 10 units (bc there's subjects like maths and eco that I'm going to need to dedicate more time to), or should I still try for modern history? Thanks!

Hiya!

I think you still have nothing to lose if you give modern a little bit of attention (especially because its soon after English), you never know it might surprise you!

But just don't prioritise it over subjects you want to count as your 10 units. You made it this far for modern, might as well finish the race!

Hope this helps!
meerae :)
2018 hsc; mathematics
2019 hsc; english adv english ext 1&2 math ext 1 legal studies economics

HSC w/ a stresshead {class of'19}

owidjaja

• National Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Bibliophile. Stationery addict.
  • Respect: +1010
Re: Help please!
« Reply #2 on: September 26, 2019, 02:55:35 pm »
Hey there,

To add on meerae's answer, I'd suggest spending a bit of time on Modern. Just simple things like useful terminology. While I do get what you're saying about doing 12 units and just focusing on the 10 units, I would use Modern as your backup in case things go wrong with your other subjects in the HSC.

Hope this helps!
2018 HSC: English Advanced | Mathematics | Physics | Modern History | History Extension | Society and Culture | Studies of Religion I

ATAR: 93.60

2019: Aerospace Engineering (Hons)  @ UNSW