Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 02:12:58 am

Author Topic: Are the atar notes 1/2 course notes good for studying?  (Read 1571 times)  Share 

EmmaAnne986

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Are the atar notes 1/2 course notes good for studying?
« on: November 19, 2019, 04:30:00 pm »
Hi, does anyone have the biology unit 1 and 2 complete course ATAR notes? Just wanna know if I should
get them im studying for a biology exam and im really stuck I just need some help :) Thanks!

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Victorian Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
Re: Are the atar notes 1/2 course notes good for studying?
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2019, 12:38:16 pm »
+2
I never used them for 1/2, and I personally wouldn't. This is my opinion, but I find that what schools teach for 1/2 units really varies compared to 3/4, so I don't think the notes would be that helpful as schools are really different in their content. I would recommend finding free online notes from here, and using those to see if any of them can help you.

Good luck with your exam.
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2019, 05:13:15 pm »
+3
I found that 1/2 notes super helpful for bio! As it was my first ever 1/2 subject, I was really glad to have access to as many different resources as possible.

However, the body systems your school does in U1 AoS2 will vary (meaning that there are no notes about any systems in the AN book). The specific genetic diseases your school looks ay will also vary (in U2 AoS2) meaning that the AN notes can only do so much for you there.
AoS3 (both units) is completely run by your school, so there are no notes about any of that either.

For everything they did contain, they were quite brief, as it is just a summary. However, the language was super easy to understand so they were just what I needed to consolidate things in my head.

I think that with that information, you should make your own choice as to whether or not you think they'd benefit you. ;D

Also, if you are considering getting a couple of books, have you looked at EdUnlimited (where you get access to all the course notes and topic tests).

Laura ;D

EmmaAnne986

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #3 on: November 25, 2019, 09:33:20 am »
Thanks for your help :)