Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 04:45:15 am

Author Topic: A Spoonful of Sugar- insanipi's PharmSci journey  (Read 61682 times)

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
Re: A Spoonful of Sugar- insanipi's PharmSci journey
« Reply #135 on: June 04, 2019, 08:57:13 pm »
+10
Hey hey!
It's SWOTVac, the time of the semester where I seemingly stress out the most over exams. This semester's a little weirder, I only have a single exam to worry about, but 3 reports to hand in- eek!

The end of semester has been hella busy- I had several assessments due on Friday, which was a pain, but I got through that*!
*With a little help from a verycute sweet Rui who was down for a couple of days, which was probably my high point of the semester <3

Analytical Methods wrapped up with LCMS and an 8% report, which was done pretty quickly! I have to go over everything from the past semester though as this is the exam unit!

Biotech: My group report on patisiran is due in a couple of weeks, but it's nearly half done, I'm excited to get this one out of the way asap!

Industrial formulation: WE HAVE RESULTS AND A PROPER FORMULATION!!! I'm so excited over that! I also started writing up the 10-page group report today. Oh boy I have a feeling that we'll have to cull heaps. What makes me scared about this is that we have an oral and the report due on the same day, so there goes 70% of my mark haha :')

Product formulation: We finished the report on tablets and the cream video I ranted about last week ahah! I now have to write up a report worth 25% on my own and I'm terrified for it as I have NO IDEA what I'm meant to include in this report!

My to-do trello board currently looks like this for uni, I hope I won't be in a mad dash to everything last-minute! I'm nearly done for the semester, so keen for a little bit of a break haha!

Catchya on the flipside :D
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Ionic Doc

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +212
« Reply #136 on: June 04, 2019, 10:05:11 pm »
+1
Hey hey!
It's SWOTVac, the time of the semester where I seemingly stress out the most over exams. This semester's a little weirder, I only have a single exam to

Hi  :)

Nice update ( have fun stressin about exams  :P )

anyways I was just curious to know what is SWOTvac ? I've been seeing it pop up all around the forums. . . What's it stand for?

2019/2020 - Psychology | Biology | Chemistry | Methods | Further | English
2021 - Science @ Melbourne University

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #137 on: June 04, 2019, 10:13:43 pm »
+3
Hi  :)

Nice update ( have fun stressin about exams  :P )

anyways I was just curious to know what is SWOTvac ? I've been seeing it pop up all around the forums. . . What's it stand for?

Hey, thanks haha

SWOTVac stands for study without teaching vacation- it's a study week haha :)
(Some other unis refer to it as Stuvac- study vacation) :)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
« Reply #138 on: June 22, 2019, 01:03:42 pm »
+3
heyy it's been a while since your last update I hope you're doing well ;D
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #139 on: June 22, 2019, 09:05:42 pm »
+4
heyy it's been a while since your last update I hope you're doing well ;D
Hey hey! It has been a while, but I'm doing okay!

I had my only exam for the semester on Thursday night, and I've been living my best bookish life since I finished- I started (and am currently about 100 pages into oops) my 4th book since Thursday!

Uni-specific updates:
Industrial Formulation: This was a stressful unit around submission and oral presentation time- half of my group literally didn't finalise their slides until 5mins before our 20% presentation. We also submitted our 50% report a couple of mins late... and I wasn't exactly happy about that (and I may have broken down), but it's over now, what is done is done I guess. I think we did okay though! (I'm also praying the unit coordinator doesn't dock half our report marks for being 2.5 mins late though -nervous laugh-)

Product formulation:
I finished my really colourful excel template with fancy features and I'm really happy with it! However, I had a creams report for this unit due the night after the industrial one, and I think I could've done a little better, but I think I did enough to get myself a mark I'd be happy with, given the feedback for a report we did a couple of weeks before was given to us a day before it was due, it was a pain to fix up a good 25 pages before due time!

Biotech:
I'm feeling really, really good about this unit! My group and I fixed and finished our final group report and submitted it a good 8 hours before it was due! Safe to say, I kinda did sleep for that extra 8 hours haha :') I'm placing bets that this is going to be my top subject this semester haha!

Analytical methods:
I was so confused about my exam- we had 2 hours, it was open book, and we had 2 'cheat sheets' we could bring in. Yet it was only worth 20 marks. Otherwise, I think I'm glad to be done with this unit, I don't want to see yet another 3-hour-long moodle quiz in my life :') I may however be in the lab during winter if my unit coordinator lets us do our induction on Monday haha- using the HPLC machines are fun!

On the clubs front, it's a little quiet, given it's still exam time/winter break!

Even though I don't go back until 29th July, I've had a look at the cohort timetable, looks like my days of double lab at uni are over, which is a relief, but it'll be hard going back into 7-8 hour lab days for placement during weeks 5-9! (I'm not sure where my placement will be still, but I'm very nervous about it!)

Books read so far haha
The Paper & Hearts Society (Lucy Powrie)
Lily's Just Fine (Gill Stewart) (Advanced Copy!!!)
Legend (Marie Lu)
Shadow of the Fox (Julie Kagawa) (currently reading)
Spoiler
More excited about finishing this one in the next day or so because I'm going to see Julie Kagawa at Readings Kids on WEDNESDAY and I've been internally squealing all week about this.

unrelated but related book things
I'm also going to another book launch on Friday night, and a YA Bookfest in August. I haven't shut up about either to my parents in the past week, and I'm driving them NUTS aha :')

Til next time,
Lou ^-^
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 09:15:03 pm by insanipi »

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #140 on: June 22, 2019, 10:08:31 pm »
+1
aaah it's good to hear that you're doing well! It seems like you're cruising through all your subjects... other than creams, what else do you create in the lab?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #141 on: June 22, 2019, 10:31:04 pm »
+1
aaah it's good to hear that you're doing well! It seems like you're cruising through all your subjects... other than creams, what else do you create in the lab?
Other things I've done in lab this semester include my industry project (body wash) and tablets. I have made aspirin and other drugs in organic labs in the past as well!

Most other labs are analytical- titrations and HPLC; I haven't had any biotech labs, even though that stuff is cool 😍

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #142 on: June 22, 2019, 10:55:32 pm »
+1
Other things I've done in lab this semester include my industry project (body wash) and tablets. I have made aspirin and other drugs in organic labs in the past as well!

Most other labs are analytical- titrations and HPLC; I haven't had any biotech labs, even though that stuff is cool 😍
That's really cool! I'm considering going in this pathway in the future. What career are you hoping for? Research and Development? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really intrigued!

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #143 on: June 23, 2019, 12:23:26 pm »
+3
That's really cool! I'm considering going in this pathway in the future. What career are you hoping for? Research and Development? Sorry for all the questions I'm just really intrigued!
It is pretty cool haha! I'm really glad you're considering it! I'm leaning towards the research and/or development, or clinical trials side of things atm, but that may change, who knows haha! :)

Don't be sorry for asking questions, I'm way more than happy to answer!!! ^-^

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #144 on: June 30, 2019, 04:36:04 pm »
It is pretty cool haha! I'm really glad you're considering it! I'm leaning towards the research and/or development, or clinical trials side of things atm, but that may change, who knows haha! :)

Don't be sorry for asking questions, I'm way more than happy to answer!!! ^-^
oooh would you be looking into the medicinal drugs side or the make-up side? Apparently Vic has a lot of pharmaceutical industries!

brothanathan

« Reply #145 on: June 30, 2019, 05:27:30 pm »
Noice a Trello user. Have you tried Notion before?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #146 on: June 30, 2019, 07:18:06 pm »
+3
oooh would you be looking into the medicinal drugs side or the make-up side? Apparently Vic has a lot of pharmaceutical industries!
I'm looking towards more the medicinal side of things, personally! (That may be influenced by why I chose the course in the first place haha :) )
Also true! We have quite a few pharmaceutical companies around Melbourne/in the leafy east! :)

Noice a Trello user. Have you tried Notion before?
I've heard of it, but it seems too cluttered for my liking. I'm a uni student, I don't need more clutter in my life :)

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #147 on: June 30, 2019, 07:22:04 pm »
I'm looking towards more the medicinal side of things, personally! (That may be influenced by why I chose the course in the first place haha :) )
Also true! We have quite a few pharmaceutical companies around Melbourne/in the leafy east! :)
I've heard of it, but it seems too cluttered for my liking. I'm a uni student, I don't need more clutter in my life :)
I love the leafy east! tbh more pleasing to the eye than the west. Did you choose the course so you can help make medicines better/ safer?

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
« Reply #148 on: June 30, 2019, 07:55:18 pm »
+3
I love the leafy east! tbh more pleasing to the eye than the west. Did you choose the course so you can help make medicines better/ safer?
Same, but I do live in the south-west aha :') I chose pharmsci as I've been surrounded by medicines and doctors and stuff ever since I was little, as mum was sick. I've always been interested in the science behind them, so it lead me to here! ^-^

brothanathan

« Reply #149 on: June 30, 2019, 11:19:24 pm »

Even with the current updates and templates, I guess so. Not all can convert.