Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 25, 2024, 02:31:31 pm

Author Topic: Monash General Chat  (Read 1422900 times)  Share 

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +2103
Re: Monash General Chat
« Reply #5250 on: September 04, 2017, 07:31:05 pm »
Double post LOL

got my MTH2010 MST on wednesday. For people who have done it in the past e.g. sem 1 how did you find it// what sort of difficulty do you think it was?

achre

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +72
« Reply #5251 on: September 10, 2017, 04:19:10 pm »
+1
IMPORTANT PUBLIC SERVICE ANNOUNCEMENT FOR ALL CLAYTON STUDENTS

student elections are on in week 9 from the 18th – 21st of September, and this year, for the first time since 2013, there’s actually a team running who have a good shot at defeating what Lot’s Wife called in 2011 Go!: The Evil Empire. They’ve been in power for 12 years and have made some incredibly shifty fiscal decisions over time. They were responsible for selling the union building to monash uni who renamed it the “campus centre” and have successively installed more and more chain restaurants to the point where Sir John’s is now running at an annual loss of about 100k. They were the people who donated 50,000 dollars worth of student money to a company run by Labor party members and coincidentally the people who made that decision wound up with cushy NUS jobs afterwards. They were the people who found a way to make the purchase of a Toyota Corolla cost the union $54k. They’re the party who run deceptive feeder tickets like "24 Hour Libraries" and "Free Beer" to trick students into voting for them. They’re the party who every year treat the accomplishments of national student movements and development and lobbying by Monash Centrale as if they were their own achievements (see: “Go! defeated 100k degrees”, “Go! brought you the 601 bus”, “Go! introduced x number of parking spaces”, "Go! reduced the minimum age of centrelink allowances", etc. etc.). Please, please do not put these ladder climbing CV stackers back into power for a 13th year, I'm not sure the MSA can survive it. They don’t care about what the MSA can do for students, they care about what the MSA can do for their future political careers. Vote for Together for an MSA that’s transparent and that students actually notice/care about.

/PSA, hope everyone doesn't hate me for shilling, peace out.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5252 on: September 17, 2017, 01:27:53 pm »
how does CATME scaling impact your marks? My unit coordinator hasn't been transparent about it: "MAY be used to moderate marks"

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +278
« Reply #5253 on: September 17, 2017, 06:22:40 pm »
+1
how does CATME scaling impact your marks? My unit coordinator hasn't been transparent about it: "MAY be used to moderate marks"
I'm assuming this is the BMS1042 oral? From my understanding, 4 of the 36 marks for the presentation is dedicated to be an "individual mark", so I'm assuming this is the team assessment part?
VCE 2015-16
2017-20: BSc (Stats)/BBiomedSc [Monash]

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5254 on: September 17, 2017, 06:26:49 pm »
+1
I'm assuming this is the BMS1042 oral? From my understanding, 4 of the 36 marks for the presentation is dedicated to be an "individual mark", so I'm assuming this is the team assessment part?
yes that is correct.

I'm pretty sure the 4 out of 36 marks is upto the tutor/assesor but unsure about how the CATME "scaling " will impact the overal grade.
My group was really good and worked well together we also somewhat agreed upon giving everyone the highest score on CATME so I'm thinking that means everyone gets a weighting factor of 1 in this instance (given no snakes in the team). i.e. no change in score.

How did your oral go?

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5255 on: September 17, 2017, 06:38:35 pm »
yes that is correct.

I'm pretty sure the 4 out of 36 marks is upto the tutor/assesor but unsure about how the CATME "scaling " will impact the overal grade.
My group was really good and worked well together we also somewhat agreed upon giving everyone the highest score on CATME so I'm thinking that means everyone gets a weighting factor of 1 in this instance (given no snakes in the team). i.e. no change in score.

How did your oral go?
Oh I see, I was under the imression that the 4 marks was related to the CATME team member review, since some of the criteria would be quite difficult to judge as a tutor for every single student in their class.

I'd like to think we had a good attempt at answering all of the questions, but ended up going about 2 minutes over time   :-\ (I'm pretty sure every group in my tute did as well... ???). Other than that, I think it went relatively well (although we probably could've done with more rehearsal time, but ran into trouble since the 1062 midsem was the day before, and coordinating timetables of 5 people is awfully hard  ::)). How was yours?  :)
VCE 2015-16

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5256 on: September 17, 2017, 08:21:47 pm »
+1
Oh I see, I was under the imression that the 4 marks was related to the CATME team member review, since some of the criteria would be quite difficult to judge as a tutor for every single student in their class.

I'd like to think we had a good attempt at answering all of the questions, but ended up going about 2 minutes over time   :-\ (I'm pretty sure every group in my tute did as well... ???). Other than that, I think it went relatively well (although we probably could've done with more rehearsal time, but ran into trouble since the 1062 midsem was the day before, and coordinating timetables of 5 people is awfully hard  ::)). How was yours?  :)
i'm not too sure tbh ahah because the tutor wouldn't really know what happened beyone during the presentation.

yeah 1062 MST was day before too so didn't have much time to rehease, got to uni early to practice ahah. Thankfully ended up finishing within the timeframe and I think my tutor was happy with it ;D

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5257 on: September 18, 2017, 06:45:22 am »
+3
Exam timetable's up- anyone else have night exams- or am I just a poor soul? xD
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #5258 on: September 18, 2017, 07:13:17 am »
+2
You're a poor soul. :P

Both of my exams are at 2:00 PM, one on the 9th, and the other on the 14th.

The other one is a take-home exam on the 3rd. :)

VanillaRice

• Forum Leader
« Reply #5259 on: September 18, 2017, 07:21:03 am »
+1
Me too! :(
Other than that, my exams are pretty spaced out (31/10, 2/11, 9/11, 13/9), so it shouldn't be too stressful  :-X

VCE 2015-16

sweetiepi

• National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • "A Bit of Chaos" (she/they)
  • Respect: +3589
« Reply #5260 on: September 18, 2017, 07:37:43 am »
+1
Me too! :(
Other than that, my exams are pretty spaced out (31/10, 2/11, 9/11, 13/9), so it shouldn't be too stressful  :-X
Mine are all spaced out haha-
31/10, 9/11, 15/9
I only have 3 exams this sem (my 4th unit's grade is determined by 3 oral presentations haha) but all are 6pm starts ahaha 😂
2017-2019: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Formulation Science)
2020: Bachelor of Pharmaceutical Science (Honours) Read my uni journey here!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5261 on: September 18, 2017, 07:59:00 am »
+2
Written exam is 1/11, I believe my anatomy exam will be 3/11, and my OSCE will be sometime the week after. Not too bad! And exactly the same structure as last semester haha.

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5262 on: September 18, 2017, 11:10:06 am »
+4
2nd, 7th, 9th and 14th two night exams LOL

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #5263 on: September 18, 2017, 06:24:35 pm »
+3
If student election stuff is happening at Clayton atm, does this mean I'm gonna have to be super careful about avoiding campaigners when I go there on Wednesday?

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
« Reply #5264 on: September 18, 2017, 06:38:03 pm »
+4
If student election stuff is happening at Clayton atm, does this mean I'm gonna have to be super careful about avoiding campaigners when I go there on Wednesday?
yes, was a nightmare today LOL (although i don't know when voting ends or even starts for that matter)