Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:05:36 am

Author Topic: Call the Midwife  (Read 1276 times)

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
Call the Midwife
« on: October 24, 2018, 02:11:02 pm »
+5
Thought I'd just throw it out there to see if anyone else has watched the SBS series 'Call the Midwife'?

I have only recently just come across it, so I binge watched the seasons on Netflix. (And now currently watching the later seasons borrowed from the library aha). Not usually the type to watch historical/ medical shows, but what really fascinated me was learning about the health and disease research of the 1950s/1960s. I was literally able to consolidate my knowledge from my Biology module: Search for Better health, and thinking about the different infectious diseases anecdotally really helped to me to remember all the info. I needed to know about these, including their dates of vaccination programs.

Apart from the biology study bonuses, I just think it is a really unique series. I love being transported into an older time period 60 years earlier than my own, and learning about their society, culture, what it would have been like.

Keen to discuss the series if anyone else has watched it - if not, perhaps this thread may inspire you to do so.  :)
2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
Re: Call the Midwife
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2018, 04:32:47 pm »
+3
Call the Midwife is one of my guilty pleasures! I've seen all the episodes :) What are you up to atm?

kauac

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +291
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2018, 05:43:20 pm »
Call the Midwife is one of my guilty pleasures! I've seen all the episodes :) What are you up to atm?

Season 6 ep 4 I think... I'm hoping Chummy comes back because she hasn't appeared since season 4  :'(.

Ooh, since you are a Call the Midwife 'veteran', do you have a favourite season?

2018: HSC

2019: Gap Year

2020-2024: B Science / M Nutrition & Dietetics @ USYD

TheAspiringDoc

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2018, 07:05:35 pm »
Are we still waiting for the next season? I haven’t checked in a while!

Spoiler: they don’t know they’re about to give birth!

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2018, 07:52:43 pm »
+1
Season 6 ep 4 I think... I'm hoping Chummy comes back because she hasn't appeared since season 4  :'(.

Ooh, since you are a Call the Midwife 'veteran', do you have a favourite season?
So hard to pick! I'll have to get back to you on that one haha

Are we still waiting for the next season? I haven’t checked in a while!

Spoiler: they don’t know they’re about to give birth!
Season 8 is still yet to come but they have released season 7 a little while ago if that's the one you're asking about?