Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 09:32:18 am

Author Topic: did I mess up my atar?  (Read 2752 times)

candyblue

• Fresh Poster
did I mess up my atar?
« on: February 17, 2022, 01:27:30 pm »
hey guys,

I did pretty bad in year 11 and got low 30s for bio and accounting.

do you still think it is possible to get into undergraduate medicine or get a 99+ atar? asking for a friend.
this is really demotivating for me because my friends around me who are looking to get into medicine did really well, and I just feel stupid :/

thanks <3

Commercekid2050

• Trendsetter
Re: did I mess up my atar?
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2022, 03:04:35 pm »
hey guys,

I did pretty bad in year 11 and got low 30s for bio and accounting.

do you still think it is possible to get into undergraduate medicine or get a 99+ atar? asking for a friend.
this is really demotivating for me because my friends around me who are looking to get into medicine did really well, and I just feel stupid :/

thanks <3

Hi Cnadyblue,
First welcome to Atar Note!

Well for starter do not think what your friend got, think how you can improve. The minute you start comparing your performance with others it is a porblem. You should see how you can improve and what other way you can study which might help you better understand the content.

Now I am not sure if you can do medicine or get 99 atar but what I can say is to not give up try your best. Sure your ss for bio and accounting is not the best but that is not a problem as these subject could be your bottom two thus 10%

And lastly ATAR does not define you it is just a number. Plus even if u can't get to do medicine you can always transfer.

That is it hope it helps and best of luck for year 12
2021 VCE- English, Math Method, Further Math,Accounting and Economics

2022-2026 Bachelors in Business (Taxation) and Accounting in Monash

Marin Kitagawa

• Adventurer
« Reply #2 on: April 04, 2022, 12:47:33 pm »
Yes you can. These low 30s study scores for bio and accounting will be your bottom 2. If you focus hard this year your spesh, methods and language will scale and potentially get you a 97-99 ATAR to get into medicine

jmas123456

• Adventurer
  • .✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*..✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫*..✫*゚・゚。.★.*。・゚✫
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2022, 10:48:53 pm »
hey! i went through this pain, still going through it.

y11 scores do not mean anything when it comes to y12. results have to do with SOOO many different aspects of life.
if you really want to do medicine there are ALWAYS options. you do not need a 99+ to get into med
also - the loudest in the room will boast and shout, but they are not the only ones in the room. there are people who would be thrilled to achieve the scores you did, and even atarnotes is a biased sample.  ;D

do not put yourself down and do not let anyone else make you feel any lesser.
life is much more than atar. even if you achieved raw 30 on everything else next year, you could still get into medicine easily with some looking and consideration to other options

getting a 99+ doesnt mean youll be a good doctor either. you seem lovely! whatever you do, pursue ur dreams
✫彡