Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 11:35:10 pm

Author Topic: Legal Studies 3/4 vs Revolutions??  (Read 9271 times)  Share 

quecola

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Legal Studies 3/4 vs Revolutions??
« on: November 22, 2019, 07:13:29 pm »
I think it would be best to start this by saying I'm very indecisive.
I did Units 1/2 Legal Studies and Twentieth-Century History this year and really enjoyed both. I didn't do too well in both subjects because I had a bit of a tough year and just became apathetic about school. However now I'm better again and school is a priority, especially since it's my last year. I've talked to my teachers from both subjects this year, and the consensus is that "I would do very well if I tried." I averaged about 60 in both classes this year, but I completely disregarded my legal exam and probably failed it (thanks breakups.)  I'm interested in both subjects, perhaps history slightly more, but the content in Legal next year is very similar to this year's, and one of my friends did it as an advanced placement, and she also said there isn't much difference. I really want to get this right, as I'm scared of becoming a failure so I want to do well in my final year so I can get into a good uni. If anyone has done both subjects, what would you pick? Also if anyone has any suggestions for other subjects that I could consider (as long as they don't require 1/2, I'm all ears)

Jimmmy

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +154
Re: Legal Studies 3/4 vs Revolutions??
« Reply #1 on: November 22, 2019, 08:22:27 pm »
+1
Hey quecola!

I did Legal Studies, but didn't do Revs (despite having many friends who did), so take my opinion for a grain of salt as I'm probably slightly biased towards Legal!

I loved Legal, and the content from 1&2 was VERY similar in Unit 3, and somewhat different in Unit 4. I'd say if you like the more analytical side of things, and want to do *better* utilising your 1&2 knowledge, then I'd go for that. The common downside I hear people complaining about with Legal is that it's 'boring', or that it is a great amount of content. In terms of content, I'd agree, it is a lot. However, as long as you go over all the theory you're pretty much set for SACs and Exams.

Revs is a little bit tougher. Legal requires a quick hand to write, but Revs is next level. Probably a little more memory-based, and you need to be a better writer through writing essays mainly, which isn't a skill you have to deal with in Legal.

Where do you feel your strengths lie?
2018 - 2019 (VCE): English Language, Maths Methods, Legal Studies, Global Politics, Business Management (2018), Philosophy
2020 - 2024: Bachelor of Laws (Honours)/Bachelor of Commerce @ Monash University