Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 02:11:00 am

Author Topic: procrastination anyone?  (Read 1324 times)  Share 

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
procrastination anyone?
« on: June 07, 2008, 01:41:29 pm »
i have no idea what i should be doing to prepare for the exam?
i keep putting off studying and i should be doing alot of it.

ive been doing prac essays but i havent been getting like 100% or anything so i dont see the point in doing that, there clearly not helping.

im not sure wether im better to write out notes or do prac questions or what to make the best use of my time as there are still some things i do not quite understand.
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

daniel99

Re: procrastination anyone?
« Reply #1 on: June 07, 2008, 01:48:57 pm »
I would review your notes and go over the things that you are not understanding or losing marks on the exam with.

Identify your weak areas and try to improve them or read the text book and so on!!! There is only 5 days left so do anything, but start today!

psychlaw

« Reply #2 on: June 07, 2008, 01:51:14 pm »
ummm.... practise essays in psychology???

you mean exams right?

/0

• Victorian
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +45
« Reply #3 on: June 07, 2008, 02:18:03 pm »
Yeah this is what happened to me in the mid year exams this year... then it turned into a kind of indifference about my exam results... weird.
Picking up the book is the first step, go to the summary sections of each chapter and identify things you can't do. This is also the function of practice exams. Learn by your mistakes.

cathtacular

• Victorian
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: 0
« Reply #4 on: June 07, 2008, 02:25:30 pm »
yeah i meant exams, opps.

yeah i might go over the exams ive done and check where ive lost marks, thanks heaps guys. :)
2008:
English
Art
Psychology
Legal studies
Vis Comm

daniel99

« Reply #5 on: June 08, 2008, 11:53:58 am »
You could even go over the dot points in the study design a few times and then see what areas you are having trouble with through that.

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #6 on: June 08, 2008, 05:07:40 pm »
You could even go over the dot points in the study design a few times and then see what areas you are having trouble with through that.

Good point. You can also use the study design as a reference in another way. Try writing out each dot point in the study design and without looking at your books, write down as many points as you can about each dot point. It's a good way to identify your weaknesses and test your knowledge.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne

daniel99

« Reply #7 on: June 08, 2008, 10:20:47 pm »

Good point. You can also use the study design as a reference in another way. Try writing out each dot point in the study design and without looking at your books, write down as many points as you can about each dot point. It's a good way to identify your weaknesses and test your knowledge.

Thats what I did! How did you revise before the exam nick?

Nick

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +6
« Reply #8 on: June 08, 2008, 10:41:16 pm »

Thats what I did! How did you revise before the exam nick?

Excellent- it's definitely the best way to revise for sure! In terms of studying, I studied my summaries pretty intensely and thoroughly.

I learnt a majority of the key definitions associated with the study design dot points. As discussed earlier, I used the dot points of the study design as prompts to determine how well I had learnt and understood the content.

I did truck loads of exam questions, read my summaries some more and then did more exam questions lol.
Bachelor of Arts (Psychology) @ The University of Melbourne