Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 11:22:44 pm

Author Topic: 3 years already: Katie needs to learn to drive!!  (Read 21446 times)

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +1151
Re: 3 years already: Katie needs to learn to drive!!
« Reply #45 on: October 02, 2019, 08:57:52 pm »
+8
The driving lesson went well but it was a bit frustrating because we mainly drove in a few streets around my area (& I was hoping to go the the test area). We worked on kerbside stops, reverse parallel parking, blindspots and exit indicators. It took a bit of time to get used to his car but by the end it was going ok. I've driven a few times since: home from clarinet lessons/band and the beach.

I have another lesson on Friday for 2 hours! This time I think we will drive around the test area. I feel like 2 hours is a really long time for a driving lesson but I'll see how it goes.

I definitely want my license by the end of the year so hopefully I can book the test soon! :)
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality
2018-2022: B Music/B Education (Secondary) [UNSW]

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #46 on: October 17, 2019, 08:18:59 pm »
+8
Had another 1 1/2 hr driving lesson on Tuesday. We mainly drove around my area but were working on a lot of stuff for the test. We kinda focussed on lane-changing, 3 point turns, kerbside stops, and reverse parking. I was definitely getting better toward the end of the lesson!!

One of the annoying things about this instructor is that he always gets really booked up. Next week he was full and then he's going on holidays so my next lesson is on the 12th of November. We're going to do a mock test then and I'm also going to book my actual test for the end of November!! Once I book my test, I'm pretty much going to try and drive everywhere we go (& a lot more around the test area)!! :D
« Last Edit: October 17, 2019, 08:20:49 pm by katie,rinos »
Class of 2017 (Year 12): Advanced English, General Maths, Legal Studies, Music 1, Ancient History, History Extension, Hospitality

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2019, 08:32:04 pm »
+3
How are you feeling about the test? Keen? Apprehensive?

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2019, 11:02:50 pm »
+10
How are you feeling about the test? Keen? Apprehensive?
Really nervous about the actual test. I think I'm kinda worried I'm going to make some stupid mistakes and fail. I haven't driven around the actual test area too much and last time I went I started making a bunch of mistakes as soon as I got there because I'm not as familiar with it.

Mainly, want my L's to be over now though. At the moment, I am able to drive by myself most of the time (my dad either tries not to do too many instructions or plays chess sometimes). I really want to be able to buy my own car soon and drive myself places. For placement at the moment, it's a 5min drive but some days I'm going to have to walk there or back which will take around 30min. It'll just be a lot easier to get to places (the station/clarinet lessons/band/work).  ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #49 on: October 22, 2019, 06:47:27 pm »
+8
Test booked for the end of next month!!

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #50 on: October 22, 2019, 06:54:05 pm »
+2
Test booked for the end of next month!!
That's fantastic!! Best of luck ;D

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #51 on: November 19, 2019, 10:35:36 pm »
+9
This time next week I would have done the driving test (and hopefully have my P's)!!  :D

I'm pretty anxious about it. I had a driving lesson last week and it didn't go as well as I was hoping. I hadn't had a lesson and a month and I honestly forgot how to properly reverse park/3-point turn when I did it the first time. I also still need to work on parking in car parks.

I drove around the test area with my dad last weekend and it ended up going really well. He's been making me drive everywhere at the moment to try and get more comfortable. I can drive safely and at this point I probably have close to 200 hours (we stopped writing them in). However, I'm a bit worried that I'm going to get nervous during the test, make a stupid mistake and fail.

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #52 on: November 20, 2019, 11:19:58 am »
+6
200 hours is huge. Awesome work, irrespective of whatever the test result is.

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #53 on: November 26, 2019, 12:55:49 pm »
+16
It's about time!!  ;D

Sine

• Werewolf
  • National Moderator
  • Respect: +2103
« Reply #54 on: November 26, 2019, 12:59:09 pm »
+5

r1ckworthy

• NSW MVP - 2019
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +305
« Reply #55 on: November 26, 2019, 01:09:39 pm »
+5
HSC 2019: English Advanced || Mathematics || Mathematics Extension 1 || Physics || Chemistry || Science Extension || Ancient History ||

Bachelor of Physiotherapy @ ACU

The Yr12 journey- a diary I "hope" to update... || Halfway through Year 12... lessons I've learned so far. || Check out my youtube channel!

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #56 on: November 26, 2019, 02:17:02 pm »
+5
Congratulations - that's really fantastic news. :)

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

katie,rinos

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
« Reply #57 on: January 19, 2020, 09:03:46 pm »
+8
I'm really excited because I'm buying a car next week!!  ;D

Someone from dad's work is selling a Holden Barina pretty cheap ($1000). I haven't actually been able to drive by myself too much because we only have 1 car for 6 people so I'm keen to be able to drive to the station/work/band.  :D

Coolmate

• NSW MVP - 2020
  • HSC Moderator
  • Forum Leader
  • 🚀🚀Secret to getting ahead: Get Started!
  • Respect: +456
« Reply #58 on: January 19, 2020, 09:08:56 pm »
+2
I'm really excited because I'm buying a car next week!!  ;D

Someone from dad's work is selling a Holden Barina pretty cheap ($1000). I haven't actually been able to drive by myself too much because we only have 1 car for 6 people so I'm keen to be able to drive to the station/work/band.  :D

🎉🎉That sounds great, well done katie! ;D
🤯HSC 2020:🤯
🔥Advanced Maths🔥 - 📚Advanced English📚 - ☄️Physics☄️ - ✌Biology✌ - 🙏SOR 1🙏 - 👨‍💻IPT👨‍💻

🎓University 2021 - 2025:
Bachelor of Science (Biology) / Bachelor of Information Technology (Cyber Security)

👊Need Motivation Click Here!💪         🌴Bio Marking and Feedback!

🧬Biology Guide:
🧪Module 5

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #59 on: January 22, 2020, 06:06:52 pm »
+1
Yay! We'll have to see a picture of you with your shiny P plates on your shiny new (old) car! ;D