Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:31:15 am

Author Topic: Are you pickin' up what i'm Putin down? - strawberries' university journey  (Read 19034 times)

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +416
Re: Are you pickin' up what i'm Putin down? - strawberries' university journey
« Reply #30 on: September 24, 2017, 11:11:23 pm »
+5
weekend 23/9-24/9
- ugh, spent most of the weekend working and being sick so I haven't had much time let alone feel well to get much/any work done :(
sucks after a fairly productive Friday
- I have so much shit due this week, I really don't know if I can finish it (well yes, I've finished but I could improve them a lot more)
- idek if I should ask for an extension. Personally don't like the idea of extensions but idk...(was my fault to work but couldn't help getting sick)

EDIT: Also have essays due in 4-5 weeks which I haven't started. :) :) :)
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 11:17:31 pm by strawberries »
VCE '15
don't let dreams be dreams

K888

• VIC MVP - 2017
  • National Moderator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • Respect: +2877
« Reply #31 on: September 24, 2017, 11:39:10 pm »
+6
- idek if I should ask for an extension. Personally don't like the idea of extensions but idk...(was my fault to work but couldn't help getting sick)
Speaking from experience strawbs, sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and apply! The worst that can happen is you get knocked back :) But if you've been sick, it's impacted your ability to work to your best ability in regards to uni stuff, so you should seriously consider applying.

I got an extension for my major assignment (worth 20% of semester mark) and like, it still doesn't sit well 100% with me, but (deep down) I know that I did actually need it, and it was a smart idea to apply.

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2017, 09:59:23 pm »
+7
Speaking from experience strawbs, sometimes you just have to swallow your pride and apply! The worst that can happen is you get knocked back :) But if you've been sick, it's impacted your ability to work to your best ability in regards to uni stuff, so you should seriously consider applying.

I got an extension for my major assignment (worth 20% of semester mark) and like, it still doesn't sit well 100% with me, but (deep down) I know that I did actually need it, and it was a smart idea to apply.
ended up applying for the extension and she gave me 2 days :) I feel kinda bad tho haha :/

so today (26/9)
- had an IPE tutorial. really should've gone to the previous lecture and I probably would've paid more attention
- had a pretty good and interesting lecture on weapons of mass destruction and nuclear weapons in IR today (I'm really grateful I did most of the readings though!)
- in the evening/night I continued to write my polsci essay...but I really feel like it's going nowhere
I realize how far behind I am :(
VCE '15

EEEEEEP

• New South Welsh
  • Forum Leader
  • Resource Writer
  • Respect: +543
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2017, 10:03:13 pm »
+3
ended up applying for the extension and she gave me 2 days :) I feel kinda bad tho haha :/

so today (26/9)
- had an IPE tutorial. really should've gone to the previous lecture and I probably would've paid more attention
- had a pretty good and interesting lecture on weapons of mass destruction and nuclear weapons in IR today (I'm really grateful I did most of the readings though!)
- in the evening/night I continued to write my polsci essay...but I really feel like it's going nowhere
I realize how far behind I am :(
Putin more effort +). Step at a time ~

You can get through this and catch up :D

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #34 on: September 28, 2017, 11:23:44 pm »
+6
28/9

just going to rant on my journal...

I just can't finish this essay. Got this extension and it's due in a few hours...I just can't >:( :( :'(

I've spent so much time on this essay and I feel like it'd be wasted if I don't get a good mark
« Last Edit: September 28, 2017, 11:25:56 pm by strawberries »
VCE '15

Jigsaw

• Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +97
« Reply #35 on: September 28, 2017, 11:53:38 pm »
+3
28/9

just going to rant on my journal...

I just can't finish this essay. Got this extension and it's due in a few hours...I just can't >:( :( :'(

I've spent so much time on this essay and I feel like it'd be wasted if I don't get a good mark

2017: | Business Management [47] |
2018: | Legal Studies [50] (Premier's) | English [48] | Accounting [41] | Japanese SL [38] | Maths Methods [32] |

ATAR: 99.40 2019 Onwards: Laws (Hons)/Arts @ Monash

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #36 on: October 09, 2017, 08:24:24 pm »
+5
haven't updated in a while but yeah

so over the weekend (including Friday) I literally spent no time on schoolwork because I was working like full days + I suck.
today...I literally woke up at midday and spent 2 hours doing chores and thought I might start in the afternoon but I spent like almost 2 hours looking up exchange programs
i'm currently writing an essay, but I don't know which side I should take.

week 10, exams in just over a month and I cbf already
VCE '15

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #37 on: October 09, 2017, 08:38:42 pm »
haven't updated in a while but yeah

so over the weekend (including Friday) I literally spent no time on schoolwork because I was working like full days + I suck.
today...I literally woke up at midday and spent 2 hours doing chores and thought I might start in the afternoon but I spent like almost 2 hours looking up exchange programs
i'm currently writing an essay, but I don't know which side I should take.

week 10, exams in just over a month and I cbf already
What places have you decided for your exchange or are you still looking?

Ahh, exams at least you have time to not cbf, I can't mine are in 2 weeks times :(.
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #38 on: October 09, 2017, 09:13:16 pm »
+3
I spent like almost 2 hours looking up exchange programs
Story of my life. :P

Where are you thinking of going? <3

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #39 on: October 09, 2017, 09:21:53 pm »
+3
What places have you decided for your exchange or are you still looking?

Ahh, exams at least you have time to not cbf, I can't mine are in 2 weeks times :(.
good luck to you! :)
We had a 2-week midterm break so we're only at week 10 haha :/ whereas others are at wk11
Story of my life. :P

Where are you thinking of going? <3
We get to pick 5 preferences. So far, I'm thinking somewhere in America (all really competitive), probably Europe like Germany or France, or even like Asia (e.g. China/HK/Singapore). UK is also in consideration. Soooo many options but can't decide!

I think you said you were considering the UK right? Were you considering anywhere else? :) <3
« Last Edit: October 21, 2017, 07:44:24 am by strawberries »
VCE '15

Coffee

• Forum Leader
  • Respect: +322
« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2017, 09:34:18 pm »
+4
good luck to you! :)
We get to pick 5 preferences. So far, I'm thinking Sciences Po or George Washington University (both are uuuuber competitive though), so if not, probably Germany (Konstanz) or Netherlands (Leiden) or Charles University in Prague. UK is also in consideration. Soooo many options but can't decide!

I think you said you were considering the UK right? Were you considering anywhere else? :) <3
The U.S. sounds so amazing, I'd love to do a study tour there!

You're lucky! We only get two preferences. :P I've definitely decided on the UK, but I'm in the same boat as you, there are so many options and I can't decide either. My first preference is also incredibly competitive, so my second preference needs to be a 'safer' one.

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #41 on: October 26, 2017, 05:41:18 pm »
+3
haven't updated in a while

but I have an essay due in a few hours
I suck :)
VCE '15

zofromuxo

• Forum Leader
  • Everything you want is on the other side of Fear
  • Respect: +203
« Reply #42 on: October 26, 2017, 05:44:15 pm »
haven't updated in a while

but I have an essay due in a few hours
I suck :)
Come on strawbs. I believe that you can do better then that. I look forward to another "proper" entry. :)
Jack of all trades, master of none.
Hence why i'm in all these different threads and boards.

strawberries

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
« Reply #43 on: November 10, 2017, 07:02:49 pm »
+5
haven't updated this in forever but...(this is a really weird journal entry)

I haven't had a single exam yet. I've been spending like ~6-7hours each day for the past few days "studying" and eating takeout excessively.
I also keep sleeping in till 8/9 -_-
I don't even know how to feel.
I'm not even gonna bother studying for IR...especially as it's an open-book online essay-writing exam
Political Science...I think I'm screwed.
IPE - I really don't know.
I really don't know for any of my subjects if I'm studying "too much" of certain areas - I haven't done the readings for like 80% of the topics
Crappy marks for the whole year means that I have need like super high marks to get HDs :/

In a way, I am screwed...but...I don't know? :'( :'(
I don't even know how to describe how I feel right now?
I know for a fact I'm screwed, and I am worried, but I'm also okay at the same time?
VCE '15

peterpiper

• Forum Obsessive
  • ppp
  • Respect: +257
« Reply #44 on: November 12, 2017, 08:32:32 pm »
+2
In a way, I am screwed...but...I don't know? :'( :'(
I don't even know how to describe how I feel right now?
I know for a fact I'm screwed, and I am worried, but I'm also okay at the same time?

I actually spilt tea all over me when I read this. You may not be in the most celebratory feels to feel my excitement about this discovery, but that is probably the most relatable thing I've read in the history of reading anything. It's both sad and comforting that you're also experiencing this. 'Do I care?' 'Not really' 'Should I worry?' 'Yeah, start panicking more and maybe future you won't cripple from the overwhelming responsibilities you place on its poor back' 'But I'm feeling okay. It's not like it matters a lot' 'Doesn't matter. Do it anyway' 'Nah fuck it. Gotta watch some nature documentary' *panics mildly in the foreground of cerebral cortex
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 08:34:37 pm by peterpiper »
2017: VCE COMPLETED