Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 08:36:01 pm

Author Topic: Does a neauanced thesis for a history essay solidify my marks?  (Read 3047 times)  Share 

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
For example with "To what extent was the Battle of Midway the most significant turning point in the Pacific War?," in the HSC should i take a nuanced appraoach?

basically, i wonder whether i would get marked less favourable for doing 3 affirmative arguments!?
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths

papa kwan

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: Does a neauanced thesis for a history essay solidify my marks?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2020, 01:39:02 pm »
+2
For example with "To what extent was the Battle of Midway the most significant turning point in the Pacific War?," in the HSC should i take a nuanced appraoach?

basically, i wonder whether i would get marked less favourable for doing 3 affirmative arguments!?

I didn't do WWII as one of my HSC modern topics last year, so I can't give you a content-specific answer. However, in general for a TWE question I would recommend presenting one opposing/differing argument if possible. Again, it's if possible. Don't put in that differing argument for the sake of doing so- the most important thing is that it adds to your overall argument/thesis. Hope that helps.

LoneWolf

• MOTM: March 20
  • Trendsetter
  • 2020!
  • Respect: +8
Re: Does a neauanced thesis for a history essay solidify my marks?
« Reply #2 on: July 27, 2020, 05:56:14 am »
tks
Business Studies
Economics
Modern History
English
Maths