Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 24, 2024, 07:02:23 pm

Author Topic: CSSA Business Discussion Thread!  (Read 3116 times)  Share 

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
CSSA Business Discussion Thread!
« on: August 08, 2017, 05:33:16 pm »
+1
since there's no thread for business... here i am!

how did you think it all went? was there anything you felt like you missed out on, or didn't revise enough? would you improve on anything for the hsc?

Papers were required to be held until today (Thursday 17th) so we can now chat about the questions and the approaches we took. However, please do not share copies of the exam or anything similar!
« Last Edit: August 17, 2017, 02:01:44 pm by jamonwindeyer »
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +13
Re: CSSA Business Discussion Thread!
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2017, 06:06:28 pm »
+1
was there anything you felt like you missed out on

Giving two answers to multiple choice. Yes, Multiple Choice. Not answering multiple choice. Like I don't think I have ever done that in my life let alone in trials. Our last warning was seven minutes out and then our teacher just went 'pens down.' She was standing right next to me so there was nothing I could do. Watched her collect my paper with the writing 'think it's C' :( However, short answers were suited to what I had studied and I was happy with my report. Essay and MC will let me down though.

idontlikeschool

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2017, 07:12:08 pm »
+1
lol my school did the CSSA trial, but we've only touched up until the influences of Finance as our 4th topic. I don't know if you could even call it a CSSA paper after all the amendments our HSIE coordinator made :P . Most of the finance questions were replaced with yr11 stuff (i.e accounting formula) Nevertheless, the remaining bits of the exam was pretty fair and i certainly should have studied a bit more. Oh well. M/c was really confusing, you'd be certain one option was the answer, but as you scroll down you could've sworn that there were two answers.

Our exam booklet had about 7 or more pages, and i couldn't believe there were people asking for more!! wth?! and here i am 3 pages.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2017, 07:27:18 pm by idontlikeschool »

fantasticbeasts3

• NSW MVP - 2018
  • HSC Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Im Moment studiere ich kein Deutsch :-(
  • Respect: +864
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2017, 08:09:55 pm »
Giving two answers to multiple choice. Yes, Multiple Choice. Not answering multiple choice. Like I don't think I have ever done that in my life let alone in trials. Our last warning was seven minutes out and then our teacher just went 'pens down.' She was standing right next to me so there was nothing I could do. Watched her collect my paper with the writing 'think it's C' :( However, short answers were suited to what I had studied and I was happy with my report. Essay and MC will let me down though.

some of the multiple choice really got me, i'm kind of mad at myself for not looking at the syllabus just that bit longer... but what's done is done. glad to know you found most of the exam good :-) the short answers and business report for me were a little off from what i'd focused on, and the essay was alright, i was pretty happy with the question because i hadn't studied it too long ago!

lol my school did the CSSA trial, but we've only touched up until the influences of Finance as our 4th topic. I don't know if you could even call it a CSSA paper after all the amendments our HSIE coordinator made :P . Most of the finance questions were replaced with yr11 stuff (i.e accounting formula) Nevertheless, the remaining bits of the exam was pretty fair and i certainly should have studied a bit more. Oh well. M/c was really confusing, you'd be certain one option was the answer, but as you scroll down you could've sworn that there were two answers.

Our exam booklet had about 7 or more pages, and i couldn't believe there were people asking for more!! wth?! and here i am 3 pages.

i can definitely relate with your username, hahah. bit of a heads up - finance gets a lot worse, it's probably my least favourite and the driest topic of them all, if that's even a thing because business is drier than antarctica. yea for sure! the multiple choice was really confusing because there were some answers you were absolutely certain of and others were a 'wtf' moment. all exam booklets are the same for everyone who does cssa. asking for more booklets is usually a bit of a scare tactic by other students, so don't be too worried about that (there were a ton of spare booklets at the end!). what did you write 3 pages for?
HSC 2017: English (Standard) // Mathematics // Modern History // Legal Studies // Business Studies
2018-2022: B International Studies/B Media (PR & Advertising) @ UNSW

idontlikeschool

• Adventurer
  • Respect: +4
« Reply #4 on: August 08, 2017, 08:19:56 pm »
what did you write 3 pages for?

i wrote 3 pages for both the essay and report. Now that i think about though, i have really small writing compared to most students and i do tend to write outside of the lines a lot. That could be culprit.

~BK~

• Trendsetter
  • "Bibia be ye ye"- all will be well!
  • Respect: +24
« Reply #5 on: August 08, 2017, 08:55:49 pm »
to be honest i thought the business report was reasonably fair.... although the last section of it i struggled a bit :o
i really didnt like the mc and the extended response and the short answers got me a little bit confused :-X ???
BRING ON NOV 2nd ;D