Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 12:06:59 am

Author Topic: Human Resources Case Studies  (Read 4100 times)  Share 

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Human Resources Case Studies
« on: July 17, 2017, 09:13:01 pm »
+2
Hello Issac,

I would love to contribute some of my case studies but quick question - is it okay too if I fake my case studies? because obviously I will not be able to remember all the case studies ://

Here are my case studies on HR - Influences (Legal - the current framework)
    Legal – the current framework (another company)
    -   Equal Employment Opportunity -  ExxonMobil is a group of companies engaged in the exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining etc. The company has structured policies to create a positive and productive workplace where workers are treated with courtesy and respect. It has its attempt to create a workplace that is free of harassment and employees are encouraged to report any breaches of policies without fear.
    -   ExxonMobil has been named an Employer of Choice for Women each year since 2001 through providing 15 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver, recently introduced return-to-work leave, offering employees an additional weak of paid leave etc.

Good luck everyone! :)

Mod Edit: moved to new thread
« Last Edit: July 19, 2017, 07:12:33 pm by isaacdelatorre »

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Human Resources Case Studies
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2017, 06:46:35 pm »
+1
Hey everyone,

As you know, case studies are really important in business studies; not just for the extended response but they also really good for understanding all the content and seeing how the work in real life.
I thought we could make some threads and everyone could add in a few of their case studies for the different key business functions - if you would like to contribute that would be awesome!!

If you could tell us what dot point the case study refers to and tell us how the business and the dot point interact.

E.g. Role of Human Resources Management - Outsourcing
Business can outsource their recruitment and selection processes to companies such as SEEK.com in order to focus more on their main key business operations. This is to save time on hiring as they may be inefficient and inexperienced. Further costs/benefits in strategies section.

Happy Studying!! :)
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

isaacdelatorre

• HSC Lecturer
  • Forum Obsessive
  • Respect: +74
Re: Human Resources Case Studies
« Reply #2 on: July 19, 2017, 07:19:04 pm »
+1
Hello Issac,

I would love to contribute some of my case studies but quick question - is it okay too if I fake my case studies? because obviously I will not be able to remember all the case studies ://

Here are my case studies on HR - Influences (Legal - the current framework)
    Legal – the current framework (another company)
    -   Equal Employment Opportunity -  ExxonMobil is a group of companies engaged in the exploration and production of oil and gas, petroleum refining etc. The company has structured policies to create a positive and productive workplace where workers are treated with courtesy and respect. It has its attempt to create a workplace that is free of harassment and employees are encouraged to report any breaches of policies without fear.
    -   ExxonMobil has been named an Employer of Choice for Women each year since 2001 through providing 15 weeks paid parental leave for primary caregiver, recently introduced return-to-work leave, offering employees an additional weak of paid leave etc.

Good luck everyone! :)

Mod Edit: moved to new thread

Hey Juliesokha,

Thanks so much for sharing these, they're excellent!!!

In terms of making them up in the exam, I am completely guilty of this - the night before I realised I knew next to nothing and so I prioritised content and exam technique rather than case studies cos I knew I could make these up in the exam. TBH the hardest part was coming up with a name for the fake business. I felt that this allowed me to be much more flexible in what my case study showed and how I could bend that towards my argument. For the next exam I made sure I had an arsenal of fake business names so i wasnt stuck with writing whatever came to my head (for some reason it was always "Bob's Boots" or "Bob's Burgers" or "Smith's Shoes") so I made up some legit sounding names and used those in the exam:)

Hope this helps!
HSC 2016:   ATAR: 99+
Mathematics - 97    Economics - 96     Legal Studies - 95     Advanced English - 91    Business Studies - 95

2017: B Commerce/B Law @ UNSW  

Juliesokha

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +17
Re: Human Resources Case Studies
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2017, 08:34:59 pm »
Nicee! Thank you soo much  ;D