Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 30, 2024, 01:00:44 am

Author Topic: Psych Grades  (Read 1107 times)  Share 

a212345

Psych Grades
« on: August 12, 2018, 10:06:32 pm »
Hi There,
My overall percentage for Unit 3 psych was 71.3%
(I added up the total of all my sacs in unit 3 and then divided by the number of sacs)
lol idk how this works

anyway so if my overall for unit 3 is 71.3% what should i aim for for unit 4 to get say a 40 study score? If thats still possible

I literally have no idea how this works lol

Thankyou  :) 

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
Re: Psych Grades
« Reply #1 on: August 12, 2018, 10:58:46 pm »
+3
Hi,

That's alright, I didn't even learn what a study score was for a long time so there's certainly no pressure to already know about this stuff.

In terms of your what your grades mean, your average SAC score doesn't really mean anything to VCAA. Basically, since the schools set their own SACs VCAA uses the exam to see how "good" your cohort is, and then creates the SAC scores based on that + the ranks of people in the cohort. By rank, we just mean if you got the highest score (in your schools' classes) in the SACs, 2nd highest, 3rd highest etc.

If you are rank 1, then whatever the best exam score from your school is, that will become your SAC score, so don't stress too much about if your school is underepresented or not.

eg. if you are in the top quarter of your school, and everyone in the top 25% gets an A+ on the exam, your SAC score will be A+ (even though your average was 71.3)

We have a section of the forums called the Victorian Technical Score Discussion which provides some good explanations about all of this if you want more info   (definitely feel free to keep asking questions!)

Hope this helps! :)

a212345

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2018, 09:27:09 am »
Hi,

That's alright, I didn't even learn what a study score was for a long time so there's certainly no pressure to already know about this stuff.

In terms of your what your grades mean, your average SAC score doesn't really mean anything to VCAA. Basically, since the schools set their own SACs VCAA uses the exam to see how "good" your cohort is, and then creates the SAC scores based on that + the ranks of people in the cohort. By rank, we just mean if you got the highest score (in your schools' classes) in the SACs, 2nd highest, 3rd highest etc.

If you are rank 1, then whatever the best exam score from your school is, that will become your SAC score, so don't stress too much about if your school is underepresented or not.

eg. if you are in the top quarter of your school, and everyone in the top 25% gets an A+ on the exam, your SAC score will be A+ (even though your average was 71.3)

We have a section of the forums called the Victorian Technical Score Discussion which provides some good explanations about all of this if you want more info   (definitely feel free to keep asking questions!)

Hope this helps! :)

That helps so much thank you !!
Im actually the only Year 12 doing Psych at my School

Thankyou for your help

Bri MT

• VIC MVP - 2018
  • Administrator
  • ATAR Notes Legend
  • invest in wellbeing so it can invest in you
  • Respect: +3677
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2018, 10:37:34 am »
+2
That helps so much thank you !!
Im actually the only Year 12 doing Psych at my School

Thankyou for your help

No problem!

To clarify,  if you are studying psych by distance education centre Victoria (DECV) then for the purpose of ranking in that subject DECV is your school.

If you're studying at a really small country school or something, and a teacher from your school is teaching you, they might be working with teachers from other schools and you could be part of a multi-school cohort where you are assessed together.  Your teacher will know if this is the case.

Sorry if I've re-confused you,  I usually don't explain these cases because it's not applicable to most students.