Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 28, 2024, 07:40:53 pm

Author Topic: RMIT transfer to UniMelb  (Read 1156 times)  Share 

ahdkvn

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
RMIT transfer to UniMelb
« on: December 11, 2018, 12:44:45 pm »
Hey, if I do a Bachelor of Applied Science at RMIT, am I able to transfer to Bachelor of Arts at Melbourne? Or would I have to do a Bachelor of Arts at RMIT to be able to do the same at Melbourne, as I want to study psychology under Arts at UniMelb

AngelWings

• ATAR Notes Superstar
  • "Angel wings, please guide me..."
  • Respect: +1425
Re: RMIT transfer to UniMelb
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2018, 08:25:12 pm »
+2
If you study psychology under the BApp Sci or BPsych (App Sci) at RMIT, as far as I know, they'll allow you to transfer to the BA at UoM. It might be helpful if you also do an arts elective alongside the degree to increase your chances, but aside from that, it should be a solid possibility. I haven't heard that you must strictly be in a BA elsewhere to do a BA at UoM, especially when Psych falls under Arts and Science at UoM, so I don't think you'd encounter issues, especially since I think the RMIT course you'll probably be doing is a BPsych (App Sci), so I don't think you need to worry.

If you really want to, you can also ask UoM during Change of Preference Day (December 17th, from memory) to confirm this information, as I'm not 100% this will be accurate.
VCE: Psych | Eng Lang | LOTE | Methods | Further | Chem                 
Uni: Bachelor of Science (Hons) - genetics
Current: working (sporadically on AN)
VTAC Info Thread

rebeccacar

• Trailblazer
  • Respect: 0
Re: RMIT transfer to UniMelb
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2018, 08:34:20 pm »
Hey, if I do a Bachelor of Applied Science at RMIT, am I able to transfer to Bachelor of Arts at Melbourne? Or would I have to do a Bachelor of Arts at RMIT to be able to do the same at Melbourne, as I want to study psychology under Arts at UniMelb

I’m thinking of doing a Bachelor of Arts at Monash/La Trobe and then transferring into Melbourne, apparently it’s a higher chance of entry if it’s the same bachelor as it’s very competitive.
Believe in yourself.