Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 06:03:50 pm

Author Topic: PATH20001 tutorials  (Read 1020 times)  Share 

BNard

• Forum Regular
  • Respect: +1
PATH20001 tutorials
« on: July 05, 2018, 06:45:40 pm »
Hey guys,
I’m doing path200001 this sem and was wondering if the tutorials were recorded (a long shot I know) or if you needed to attend them even though they’re not compulsory.
2017 - 2019: UoM BSci (Path)

ooottafvgvah

• Adventurer
  • Respect: 0
Re: PATH20001 tutorials
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2018, 12:33:45 am »
Unless the tutorials are one of those mass tutorials in lecture halls like in bcmb20002/phrm20001, small tutorial classes are never recorded in general.

Anyway, path20001 tutorials are not like your typical tutorials - you go to the computer lab at the med building to use this learning software tool and do a worksheet. They're not compulsory in a sense that Vicki is not gonna tick you off an attendance sheet. BUT, there're are quizzes to do after each tute (10 in total, i think) and these little buggers are graded, albeit 1% each (10% in total) only. These are very easy, so yeah, if you want those 10 free marks, you gotta do the tutes. They also help with revision so I'd suggest going to the tutorials. Also, Vicki will be in the comp lab during the tutorials so it gives you an opportunity to ask her anything you're not sure about, doesn't have to be tute-related.

The only downside about the tutorials is that some of them could be really really long to complete i.e. takes more than the 1 hour allocated. However, you can access the computer lab (W313) at any time so you can always come back, crash another tutorial slot or if there are no classes afterwards, you can stick around until someone chases you out. I would suggest planning your timetable such that you don't have any class immediately the path tute and if possible, pick a tutorial time that is not followed by another class from another subject using the master timetable.

Hope that helps and enjoy path20001! Let me know if you wanna know more about the subj. Cheers!