Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 01:42:48 am

Author Topic: English-Every Man In This Village Is A Liar  (Read 1227 times)  Share 

Oscar18

• Victorian
  • Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
  • School: Thomo
English-Every Man In This Village Is A Liar
« on: August 02, 2015, 10:21:30 pm »
Hi guys, we've just recently started studying this novel called Every Man In This Village Is A Liar. Honestly, I am having a bit of trouble utilizing the fundamental ideas behind the memoir. Stack, as far as I could tell, is talking about the futility of war alongside with other issues such as whether America's involvement in the Middle East is 'adding fuel to the fire', exploitation of female rights, broken promises.... etc. In writing a 'fruitful' creating and presenting piece, how should I go about to incorporating these ideas/themes into my own writing? If say, I were to write in relation to the prompt 'Conflict harms both the powerful and the powerless', what ideas  could I draw from the book? Additionally, what kind of real life example could I bring into the pieces?

If there is by any chance for me to look at any sample pieces it would be very helpful, as it would give me some clarification on how I should be going about it. Help a brother out! I'm really stuck at the moment.....