Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 09:09:02 pm

Author Topic: VCE Literature Exam - 11/11/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions  (Read 3096 times)

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
VCE Literature Exam - 11/11/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions
« on: October 22, 2019, 01:47:06 pm »

Post all exam discussion, questions, and sample solutions here! To make a post, you will have to be logged in. If you don't yet have an ATAR Notes account, you can register here.
« Last Edit: October 22, 2019, 03:23:35 pm by Joseph41 »

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.

enn_air

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: VCE Literature Exam - 11/11/19 - Discussion/Questions/Solutions
« Reply #1 on: November 11, 2019, 02:37:36 pm »
+2
 well damn guys, we did it! the prompts for section a heart of darkness wasn't too bad at all and the passage analysis passages for plath were pretty clear cut as well. the thread I picked up for the plath passages was generally round motherhood. what you guys end up interpreting from it and all.  ;D

amithealpaca

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2019, 03:21:46 pm »
+1
Prompt for Cat On a Hot Tin Roof was really good to work with, didn't even check for extra quotes in the passage analysis section but even they were full of relevant quotes. Passages for Baron in the Trees were a bit difficult to discuss and link, but not too shabby.

hope.irons

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2019, 06:19:15 pm »
Question for North and South was so good! My whole class and teacher was super pleased with it. Twelfth Night passages were pretty good, though they kinda sided with the concept of love very heavily and most of my best discussions were around that, although I did manage to pick out some other ideas which were fine

JustABookworm

• Fresh Poster
« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2019, 06:42:01 pm »
well damn guys, we did it! the prompts for section a heart of darkness wasn't too bad at all and the passage analysis passages for plath were pretty clear cut as well. the thread I picked up for the plath passages was generally round motherhood. what you guys end up interpreting from it and all.  ;D

How weird!! I did HoD and Plath too! Our lit teacher was ECSTATIC because the prompt for Heart of Darkness was one we had put a lot of energy into perfecting as she assumed it was very likely to be on the exam (or something similarly worded about the pretences/facade of civilisation). I don't think I've ever written so much, as I practically just word-for-word wrote the essay I had been perfecting with her over the last couple of days.

Also for Plath I essentially just focussed on cold and sterile imagery vs warmth and natural imagery, attitudes towards the role of mother, emotional distance and oppressive societal expectations. More than anything I was just glad it wasn't Poppies in October, because for some reason I could NEVER get it.