Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 03:28:16 am

Author Topic: German Pronunciation  (Read 5227 times)  Share 

clarke54321

• Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +365
German Pronunciation
« on: April 25, 2016, 06:33:59 pm »
Hi Everyone,

In the next coming weeks I have an oral which I am going to present to the class. My pronunciation is terrible! I haven't been on an exchange, I have no German family members and my friends aren't interested in speaking.

Could you please help me out with maybe some websites that have helped or techniques you have used.

Thanks lots!  :)
BA (Linguistics) I University of Melbourne
Tips and Tricks for VCE English [50]

Essay Marking Services in 2021 for VCE English + Essays for Sale

amyhere

• Victorian
  • Adventurer
  • Respect: +5
Re: German Pronunciation
« Reply #1 on: April 29, 2016, 04:27:35 am »
+1
Hi Everyone,

In the next coming weeks I have an oral which I am going to present to the class. My pronunciation is terrible! I haven't been on an exchange, I have no German family members and my friends aren't interested in speaking.

Could you please help me out with maybe some websites that have helped or techniques you have used.

Thanks lots!  :)

One thing that can help is something called shadowing - you listen to a recording of a native speaker and repeat along with them with a slight delay, so that you can hear your own pronunciation directly after theirs.  You want to be trying to match their pronunciation as closely as you can, watch for prosody and intonation as well as pronouncing the words correctly. :)

If you're just beginning and struggling to keep up it can also be helpful to pause the audio at the end of each sentence.
2013: Biology
2014: Chemistry | French | Methods | Further | Lang | ATAR: 99.50
2016: Bachelorstudium Transkulturelle Kommunikation @ Universität Wien
2017: PhB (Science) @ ANU

Amy's guide to rocking a VCE language

I offer French and German tutoring in Central Victoria & over Skype, more information here:
VCE French & German Tutoring