Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 19, 2024, 10:21:33 pm

Author Topic: ANU Tuckwell scholarship  (Read 1881 times)  Share 

Maraos

• Trendsetter
  • Atar Notes = Productive procrastination.... right?
  • Respect: +27
ANU Tuckwell scholarship
« on: March 26, 2017, 06:39:06 pm »
Hi!
The Tuckwell scholarship application at ANU is due in tomorrow (with the teacher references due on Wednesday). I know it is extremely late, but I'm not sure whether or not i should do it....  :-\ :-\ :-\
I am thinking about studying engineering and I kinda like the idea of moving interstate (since im from sydney) and experiencing a bit of independence, however I haven't even visited the Canberra campus nor have i spent any significant time in Canberra to really know whether it is right for me.

Would it be a good idea to just apply, I'm concerned that if I don't it will be a missed opportunity

Any help would be greatly appreciated!  ;D
2016 HSC:
Mathematics
(1 down 6 to go... :D)

2017 HSC:
Physics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Design and Technology
Ancient History
History Extension
English Advanced

appleandbee

• Victorian
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +200
Re: ANU Tuckwell scholarship
« Reply #1 on: March 26, 2017, 07:48:45 pm »
+1
ANU's campus is lovely (I plan on either transferring or spending a year there). ACT may not be the most interesting place to live but if you're really involved in campus life/extra-curriculars, it makes up for it (which is expected from a Tuckwell Scholars haha).

Just apply for the scholarship. You lose nothing from doing so (I was in a similar position last year, where I was hesitant about applying because my achievements weren't flashy), if you get it and decide that ANU is not for you, you can reject the scholarship (I know someone that moved to Cambridge after spending a semester at ANU on a Tuckwell's scholarship). If you apply though, make sure that you know why you want the scholarship (not just because you would like to experience interstate life, why ANU in particular?) and how you think that you epitomize the values of the scholarship.
VCE Class of 2015

Studying Anthropology, Philosophy and Biology at Unimelb

spectroscopy

• Honorary Moderator
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +373
« Reply #2 on: March 26, 2017, 08:12:00 pm »
+2
cant hurt to apply. worst case you get it, go to ANU open day, decide you dont like it, and just choose not to go.
it is very competitive though. i know some top notch students who didnt get it.
good luck

Maraos

• Trendsetter
  • Atar Notes = Productive procrastination.... right?
  • Respect: +27
« Reply #3 on: March 27, 2017, 12:34:34 pm »
+1
cant hurt to apply. worst case you get it, go to ANU open day, decide you dont like it, and just choose not to go.
it is very competitive though. i know some top notch students who didnt get it.
good luck

Thanks for the advice guys, I applied (at 1.30 am  ;D ;D) My teachers were very supportive. Now we wait..  :D
2016 HSC:
Mathematics
(1 down 6 to go... :D)

2017 HSC:
Physics
Extension 1 Mathematics
Design and Technology
Ancient History
History Extension
English Advanced

Joseph41

• Administrator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • Respect: +7477
« Reply #4 on: March 27, 2017, 02:28:45 pm »
+1
Thanks for the advice guys, I applied (at 1.30 am  ;D ;D) My teachers were very supportive. Now we wait..  :D

Well done for applying - great decision. :) Let us know how you go!

Oxford comma, Garamond, Avett Brothers, Orla Gartland enthusiast.