Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

March 29, 2024, 09:08:16 am

Poll

What Is Your Favourite Chocolate Brand?

Cadbury
Lindt
Whittakers
Hahndorf's
Haigh's chocolates
Other
KoKo Black

Author Topic: Geoo's VCE Journey  (Read 80111 times)

homeworkisapotato

• MOTM: Aug 20
  • Forum Leader
  • Respect: +288
Re: Geoo's VCE Journey
« Reply #45 on: June 21, 2019, 09:34:14 pm »
+2
heyyy I've been reading your journal and I've been enjoying it so far ;D
I hope your hand is doing well and I look forward to your updates on food studies :)
2020: Biology [43]
2021: Methods, Chemistry, HHD, English, Further
Selective School Entry Tips

Geoo

• MOTM: DEC 19
  • Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
  • Respect: +685
« Reply #46 on: June 21, 2019, 10:37:16 pm »
+2
That joke was so bad ::) ::) ::)
It's great to see a fellow perfectionist about marks!!! I only have that attitude on when I get marks higher than 85, and mann does it hurt. It especially sucks when you were succeeding with great marks in a particular subject, then only to get a mark lower than what you usually get. I got my ancient history mark back for an essay, got 8/10, my teacher described it as 'my crown being dethroned' ;D... just don't go too overboard with it, it could bring a bit more drama and negativity into your life than you really need.

So glad you went to that hand therapist! Hopefully everything is good now, and hope you have a great week ahead!!!

EDIT: Just realised how long the quote was, so removed some of it :)

Yes!!! Another person who feels my pain. It really can bring so much negativity, and it can be so hard to break out. It is amazing how us perfectionists/ high achieves can get a really "high mark" but then be completely stressed and down as it wasn't what we wanted.
I saw that you had a journal, and i had just never seen it before, and it took me a good minute to work out you are doing HSC. Anyway, awesome journal and nice to see you on the Victorian Forums  :D
2020: VCE 93.2
2022: BSci/Arts (Chemistry/Pharmacology and French)@Monash

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #47 on: June 21, 2019, 10:38:46 pm »
+1
heyyy I've been reading your journal and I've been enjoying it so far ;D
I hope your hand is doing well and I look forward to your updates on food studies :)

Hey thanks for reading along. I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far. Ooo, it is good to see some more food studies people on the forums. Are you doing it as well?

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #48 on: June 21, 2019, 10:43:26 pm »
+2

Hey thanks for reading along. I'm glad you have enjoyed it so far. Ooo, it is good to see some more food studies people on the forums. Are you doing it as well?
I'm only in year 10 but I really want to do it next year... and I did a food tech elective this year which is basically an introduction to food studies 1/2 :D

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #49 on: June 21, 2019, 10:53:50 pm »
+1
I'm only in year 10 but I really want to do it next year... and I did a food tech elective this year which is basically an introduction to food studies 1/2 :D

When I was in year 9 and 10, I really wanted to do food tech but my school didn't offer it so that is why I am taking it up in VCE. Do you think you might jump to 3/4 food studies for year 11 since year 10 food tech is a introduction. It is such an underrated subject.

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #50 on: June 21, 2019, 11:06:03 pm »
+2

When I was in year 9 and 10, I really wanted to do food tech but my school didn't offer it so that is why I am taking it up in VCE. Do you think you might jump to 3/4 food studies for year 11 since year 10 food tech is a introduction. It is such an underrated subject.
What are you looking forward to the most in Food Studies?
I'm planning on doing food tech 3/4 in yr 12 instead of accelerating because I want to do Bio next year 

caffinatedloz

• VIC MVP - 2019
  • Part of the furniture
  • Respect: +856
« Reply #51 on: June 22, 2019, 07:26:59 am »
+2
I'm planning on doing food tech 3/4 in yr 12 instead of accelerating because I want to do Bio next year

I feel the struggle. I was given the option to accelerate food studies this year but choose to do 1/2 bio instead. Don't think I'll pick it up next year, but hope you enjoy!! How has accelerating bio been?

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #52 on: June 22, 2019, 08:42:29 am »
+3
I feel the struggle. I was given the option to accelerate food studies this year but choose to do 1/2 bio instead. Don't think I'll pick it up next year, but hope you enjoy!! How has accelerating bio been?
I'm not really accelerating bio but I'm doing like an introductory elective to see if I want to continue on and it's been really interesting! Btw I read your journal and I really like it!

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #53 on: June 22, 2019, 11:10:52 am »
+1
What are you looking forward to the most in Food Studies?

I think I am really looking forward to the cooking aspect of food studies. Whether it is cooking, or figuring out what combinations of flavors work. Even the nutrition portion looks really interesting.
Yeah I totally get that. I am doing 3/4 bio this year in year 11, and it is a very heavy workload!

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #54 on: June 22, 2019, 11:15:29 am »
+1

I think I am really looking forward to the cooking aspect of food studies. Whether it is cooking, or figuring out what combinations of flavors work. Even the nutrition portion looks really interesting.
Yeah I totally get that. I am doing 3/4 bio this year in year 11, and it is a very heavy workload!
apparently you can even do a sensory taste blindfolded! I'm also intrigued by the cooking aspect... even though it would be stressful in its own way it would still be a breather from subjects like english and chem (but i lovee chem)

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #55 on: June 22, 2019, 11:47:56 am »
+1
apparently you can even do a sensory taste blindfolded! I'm also intrigued by the cooking aspect... even though it would be stressful in its own way it would still be a breather from subjects like english and chem (but i lovee chem)
That sounds so interesting! It is definitely a nice break from the heavy subjects! As a huge chem lover as well, I know they do some food science stuff at the end of unit 4, which is really cool. Since i'll be doing unit 4 food studies as well as chem, it will be a nice combo.

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #56 on: June 22, 2019, 12:59:04 pm »
+1
That sounds so interesting! It is definitely a nice break from the heavy subjects! As a huge chem lover as well, I know they do some food science stuff at the end of unit 4, which is really cool. Since i'll be doing unit 4 food studies as well as chem, it will be a nice combo.
niceeeee when do you start food studies? When term 3 starts?

Geoo

• Forum Leader
  • Class of 2020
« Reply #57 on: June 22, 2019, 05:50:03 pm »
+1
niceeeee when do you start food studies? When term 3 starts?

The course started this week on the 17th, but it was given to me late, so I have to do a bit of catch up work on the weekend.

homeworkisapotato

• Forum Leader
« Reply #58 on: June 22, 2019, 06:02:24 pm »
+1

The course started this week on the 17th, but it was given to me late, so I have to do a bit of catch up work on the weekend.
ooooh good luck with that!

mango8

• Trendsetter
  • Respect: +58
« Reply #59 on: June 22, 2019, 07:51:39 pm »
+2
Everything Else
So, I don't know how many of you care about the stuff that is going on outside of my school work, but I have time so here it is.

So excited for food studies to start! I shall live vicariously through your experiences :)

I definitely care about the non related school stuff, I love the journals which talk about things other than school as well. That’s great you saw a hand therapist, and I hope the brace and pen work out so you can write witl more ease.

What’s your short story about? I would love to read it if you are comfortable posting it here.

Mmm that sounds delicious. Were they baked or fried? Do you have the recipe for them? Omg I feel like we should start a BAKING THREAD!!! And no fear, I do not like icing either. The only icing I will eat is cream cheese frosting and chocolate ganache. I can not stand buttercream at all. And those are the only things I like on/in my donuts as well. I can’t stand the ones with icing and sprinkles. Funnily enough, I absolutely love making desserts but I do not even have a sweet tooth. I can only eat a little of my sweet creations so I make it for other people to devour haha.

Ooooh I’m so jealous, I want to read so many books again!! And omg I read Truly Devious last year!! It was strange since it kinda ended on a cliffhanger yet there’s no sequel…What are your ratings of all those books, and which ones would you recommend?

YESSS I CAN TALK ABOUT THE MORTAL INSTRUMENTS AGAIN PLEASE PLEASE READ IT YOU WILL NOT I PROMISE YOU, REGRET IT. They are my all time favourite books, along with Infernal Devices OH MY GOSH THEY ARE THE BEST MOST AMAZING WONDERFUL STUPENDOUS BOOKS TO EXIST EVER. And I never watched the movies, hearing about how bad they were, and I watched three minutes of the netflix show, and could not BEAR watching any more. It was that bad. Book Depository is very very bad. A very dangerous site for me to be on. Sadly I didn’t love ACOTAR, but you could see if you enjoy it. Love your journal as usual ;)
« Last Edit: June 22, 2019, 08:43:45 pm by mango8 »