Login

Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

April 20, 2024, 03:01:32 pm

Author Topic: Should I Drop?  (Read 1214 times)  Share 

hscnewsyllabus

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Should I Drop?
« on: April 10, 2019, 01:22:22 pm »
Hi,
I dont know whether i should keep or drop 4u. So far for a 20 % weighing task, I got 56 % (avg was 70%) and for a 30% weighing task I failed and got 40 % (avg was 65-70%)  I did real shit. My chemistry isn't good either with marks with avgs of 50%. My ancient is the worst with 40 % on avg. I feel like a failure with all these shit marks and ranks compared to the rest of the cohort. Between ancient and 4u i don't enjoy ancient at all but my marks for 4u dropped so much, I think I am last now in this selective school.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2019, 02:06:22 pm by jamonwindeyer »

jamonwindeyer

• Honorary Moderator
  • Great Wonder of ATAR Notes
  • The lurker from the north.
  • Respect: +3108
Re: Should I Drop?
« Reply #1 on: April 11, 2019, 12:47:39 am »
+2
Hey hscnewsyllabus! Welcome to the forums ;D

So MX2 marks are always a bit of an "eh" for me when I'm talking to students - The fact is, you are doing one of the most challenging high school level courses in the country. It isn't going to be easy. Your marks might not be quite where you want them to be right now, but that's okay - Plenty of people have drastically improved their Extension marks from the middle of the HSC year, myself included ;D

I think the big thing you should ask yourself is whether you are still getting satisfaction out of 4U. Marks aside, do you enjoy the process of learning these things? Do you enjoy the problem solving? If you do, there is no reason to drop the course at all! If you hate the learning even without the marks, then it could be worth dropping. I guess what I'm saying is, take the marks out of the picture - Pretend you are doing your HSC for the actual learning and not the numbers at the end (mind blowing, I know) and see how you look at things ;D

Whatever you choose, this is the last point to make the call - Dropping a subject is really pretty pointless beyond the halfway point of your HSC. By Trials you've put in the hard yards, why give it up then! ;D

hscnewsyllabus

• Fresh Poster
  • Respect: 0
Re: Should I Drop?
« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2019, 09:25:55 am »
Thank you so much for your help!!!   :)